• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hironobu Sakaguchi (Mistwalker) isn't interested in remaking The Last Story (Wii), Blue Dragon or Lost Odyssey (Xbox)

Azelover

Titanic was called the Ship of Dreams, and it was. It really was.
Come back to SE and return to FF, please.

As far as I'm concerned the series ended the minute Sakaguchi stepped out. A lot of changes happened too, Square merged with Enix, and so on. So probably all that played a part. But I still have hope.

Zog

Banned
2 of these games are Xbox exclusives and are already backwards compatible. The third requires a physical disc drive + Wii control scheme to play. Not sure how better BC is supposed to help this situation.
I think the Last Story is available for download on the Wii U eShop.

carlosrox

Banned
Didn't he claim Fantasian was quite probably his last game and here he is saying he'd rather make a new world entirely?

Just don't quit Sak. Keep making games for us forever.

And ever.

And ever.

I just did! Fell free to enjoy his mobile game and to say it. Let me free to think more gamers should enjoy The Last Story than a limited and very late Wii edition.
I haven't played any of his phone games but I'd rather have the man create whatever iOS/Android game he wants than forcing him to spend time and money porting his old efforts to new systems.
If you think otherwise maybe you're the asshole.

Hugare

Sakaguchi: "I'm too old for this shit'

Mistwalker is an indie studio. Even if they wanted to remake these games, they would have to put a lot of effort and resources into it.

The guy is right, it's not worth it

No one cared about original games, so why bother? Now days Microsoft is even less present/interested in Japanese market, so... yeah, waste of time and money.

I did. But yeah dropped Xbox when Microsoft dropped weebshit. Jumped to PlayStation and PC. Shame these games are tied to a console audience were few people care. Which is why I want them ported.

n0razi

Usually I would agree with his assessment but like 90% of their new IP's have all been shit so I think most prefer a refresh of a good title

Tiamat2san

Even if I’ll sell myself for a remake of lost odyssey, I understand his point of view.

And it’s a remaster another studio can do it.

Everyone seems to forget that every system can be emulated almost perfectly on PC from the PS2 backwards. The real issue the video game world has is that the PS3/360 era of games ran like complete shit, the consoles are beginning to shit out, and they're very picky with how they're emulated on PC.

People want that era of games to be preserved in some way now, and bringing them to modern console that can actually run it at a steady frame rate without graphical glitches. Games like Shadows of the Damned are still trapped in that era, and that's in my top ten. We just need to get that generation of games up to today's standards and we'll be good.

I haven't played any of his phone games but I'd rather have the man create whatever iOS/Android game he wants than forcing him to spend time and money porting his old efforts to new systems.
If you think otherwise maybe you're the asshole.
Shure I'm a asshole, a good one, I'm so gay man (like Alex).... I am really baby... you wanna touch my... oulala! 😂

Games no one played... and no one cares... since no one buy them on mobile. At the end, it's all about making money. Those games with high resolutions and a few changes would sell a lot... and with money, he could make even more mobile games. loooool

But to fair, I don't care. I played those games. I feel sorry for those who never will, like you. And i hate the fact that he's not working on console anymore.

b6a6es

Banned
Games being exclusive is a non-issue.

Console manufacturers should at least make an effort to allow older games to run on newer hardware, or at least port those games to newer platforms with a reduced price ($10~$20 max) or give it for free for those that already bought the game.

What we see companies doing is developing half-baked ports, slapping a "REMASTERED" or "DEFINITIVE" label to it, selling it at $40 and calling it a day.
Or worse, calling it *Deluxe* while selling it at 60$ 🤦

Top Bottom