• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hip Hop Gamer - PS1 games on PS5, PSNow Revamp, Remaster Engine, Netflix Deal...

HTK

Banned
Reading some of those blurbs and the way he talks gives me a headache. I'm assuming it's transcribed from the video, Jesus.

mejin

4b39da67943c7072765f5c77a8b996c5.gif

FingerBang

Jokes aside, has this dude ever gotten anything right?

I remember him from the good old 360/PS3 days and he was basically always wrong.

Faithless83

Banned
Does he have a decent track record?
It's all nice and all, too nice even, but to me he sounds like an overhyped fan and not much else.

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
another thing
that's supposed to happen is new system settings specifically for ps now that
deals with accessibility graphical options and save states so i'll break
down what that means so when it comes to accessibility options um a lot of uh
machine learning um neural neural networks is being used on playstation's
platform so when it comes to accessibility right you have a lot of people a lot of these access accessibility options they wasn't available in older games you understand what i'm saying so
they're actually trying to utilize certain features and functions to be
able to work with all the games that didn't have them as well as they using
them for games that's right now going forward so i thought that was really
cool to not just have like you know backwards compatibility or
preserving your catalog but also having some sort of some sort of current gameplay implementations to go with the old school uh titles you know i'm saying?

Sir, I do not know what you are saying.

mckmas8808

Banned

How are people feeling about HHG once more doubling-down on his previous statements regarding BC, PSNow Revamp etc as discussed here?

P.S. Dark Cloud is indeed listed as a PS4 game on PS5 PStore. I literally just checked.

PS1 (later PS2) games on PS5

Backwards Compatability, Graphics Settings ("Remaster Engine" I believe HHG has coined this in the past)

Save States

PSVR2 on PC / AR

GamePass Competitor, Netflix Deal

"Lost Soul Aside" game

Metal Gear Returning

RockStar <3 Sony

This is ALL INSANE! I wish at least half of it were true though.

Duchess

I can only see PS1 games that already run on PS4/PS5 coming to PS Now. Emulation is hard to get right. Even MS, with their beefier BC approach, only certifies games on a case-by-case basis.

So, FF7, FF8, and FF9 could come to PS Now and be downloadable on PS5 (due to already running on PS4), as well as some others, but I don't see anything else happening.

JoeBudden

I wish Hip Hop Gamer wasn't such a clout chasing clown. Dude fumbled an amazing lane of mixing hip hop and gaming. And honestly, gaming media needs more representation and perspectives from people that aren't pale unhealthy socially awkward nerds with no personality.

anothertech

I wish there was a platform that gives me a summary of YouTube videos without me contributing to the algo or the ad revenue.

What did he say about the Netflix deal?

Personally still think it was just a couple of placeholder materials.
It's called Brave browser

Urban

Did this guy ever predicted something right or is he just reading Gaf/Reddit and 4chan and gives us the summary ?

Perrott

Gold Member
Did this guy ever predicted something right or is he just reading Gaf/Reddit and 4chan and gives us the summary ?
The latter.

Although by doing so, he's regurgitating some accurate informations as well, like the Metal Gear stuff for instance, which is an already well known rumor that is actually happening. Sony's also looking at bringing some sort of PS1, PS2 & PS3 BC through PS Now, although I'm afraid that their solution would be streaming-based rather than native PS4/PS5 apps.

yurinka

This guy predicted the PS5 way back in 2019. Pretty sure he has inside sources.
I assume this is right. We can add to the list he also has been right with PS1 emulation and the PS Now revamp. Lots of crows being served in this thread.

Let's hope now he was also right about PSVR2 being compatible with PC, I think that would be cool and for Sony I also think would help increase PSVR2 sales.

P.S.: I like the Hip Hop Gamer guy, he seems a nice, fun and passionate folk.

Last edited:
How many do you have (real, not bought)?

Im not a YTer, I dont even have 5K but thast not my point. Im not comparing myself to him, im comparing him to industry standard channels. Like who gives a shit about an opinion of a guy that wont even get a better quality cam, like he is filming in a closet. Again, no problem, hope he gets big one day but what im saying is...he is a nobody, why do people care about his opinion, and how does he have these "inside" news but big channels dont yet? Its literally as if I made a video on this and my friend posts it here...guys check what this guy has to say lol.

A DSP troll channel has more subs and integrity.

Last edited:

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
Won't lie, this is the first thing I thought of when the news about upscaling the old games came out for the new Plus service.

I think it's is safe to say he heard some legit things.

jm89

Problem is he gets so much things wrong and overhypes things that you can't trust a thing he says, he did this a lot during ps3-360 gen and ended up being the boy who cried wolf.

I love HipHopGamer. He's the embodiment of the positivity and enthusiasm we need a bit more of in the industry, at least among core gamers like us.

But I don't know about his sources. lol

Top Bottom