• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hip Hop Gamer - PS1 games on PS5, PSNow Revamp, Remaster Engine, Netflix Deal...

ksdixon

How are people feeling about HHG once more doubling-down on his previous statements regarding BC, PSNow Revamp etc as discussed here?

P.S. Dark Cloud is indeed listed as a PS4 game on PS5 PStore. I literally just checked.

if i'm not mistaken i think this was in 2018 sean Layton was talking about how they
didn't have much to show one of one of the years so they did like a um they did like a like
a psx like a conference but they just had a lot of developers come out they sat down on the couch they spoke in things of that nature because honestly they didn't have a lot to show so ever
since then they've been working and building and working and building that's why herman
host was able to say they got 25 games in development and half of them is brand new ips it's crazy right now
PS1 (later PS2) games on PS5
so the first thing i want to break down to y'all on information that came my way is
this one ps1 games is gonna be coming to playstation now right that's one ps1
games is gonna be coming to playstation now at some point i don't know the
timeline on how they're gonna roll all this stuff out but what i do know is
that this year is gonna be a big year and next year will be even bigger
like for real man it's they ramping it up yo so anyway ps1 games will be coming
to ps now um uh you know hopefully soon ps1 and ps3 titles will be authored as
ps4 titles to make them downloadable via emulation from what i'm told via
uh emulation so i guess the emulation process has been um a lot more uh
sophisticated now so you know if you go right now if you want to you can check this out yourself but
if you go on playstation now on your playstation 5 or whatever and you choose
a ps2 game like dark cloud or something like that it's labeled as a ps4 title
even though it's a ps2 game it's labelled as a ps4 title that's how the system
reads it you understand because it's authored to be um to appear as if it's a
ps4 title when it's not so the ps1 and the ps3 is supposed to be getting the
same treatment that's how we get the downloadable that's where your backwards
compatibility
Backwards Compatability, Graphics Settings ("Remaster Engine" I believe HHG has coined this in the past)
on the um backwards compatibility team and the emulation team on uh playstation
a lot of the people that did a lot of the emulations for playstation on pc and
everything like that like they're a part of it like they are part
of a lot of the patents and everything like you got to look these people up i'm
telling you like you know what i'm saying my man david and some other
people like they they serious with it but anyway moving on so another thing
that's supposed to happen is new system settings specifically for ps now that
deals with accessibility graphical options and save states so i'll break
down what that means so when it comes to accessibility options um a lot of uh
machine learning um neural neural networks is being used on playstation's
platform so when it comes to accessibility right you have a lot of people a lot of these access accessibility options they wasn't available in older games you understand what i'm saying so
they're actually trying to utilize certain features and functions to be
able to work with all the games that didn't have them as well as they using
them for games that's right now going forward so i thought that was really
cool to not just have like you know backwards compatibility or
preserving your catalog but also having some sort of some sort of current gameplay implementations to go with the old school uh titles you know i'm saying
xbox is doing a phenomenal job with that so competitively sony's not gonna be left out um
graphical options so one of the things that they're doing is if you notice a
lot of games today when you're playing um certain games you can set it to where
the color is a certain way if you're color blind and things of that nature so
everybody has an opportunity to play the game and see it so they have uh certain
um certain uh machine learning tactics with graphical options so let's say you got a game like
fortnight in a game like bloodborne they have a way where on the fly through machine learning on the fly you can make blood-borne look like fortnite i'll give you example what i mean anybody that has played the last of us too you see how you can change uh the graphical style in
the menu like you can make it look 8-bit you can make it look green you can make
it look red you can like change all these things so they're taking that um
idea and uh making it more of a standard so that it can work in any game so
people that can't see or got bad eyes uh because they're color blind or whatever
will be able to utilize this feature in any game through machine learning
so that's that
Save States
and then the next thing is save states so if you ever played around with a lot of
the emulators on pc especially like psp if you're doing that you got save states you know
with cloud gaming so you can um let's say you're walking somewhere you can
save it right then and there and load it right then and there and it's instant
like it's instant it's not like you got to boot the game up and do something
different like it's really really instant man it's actually amazing y'all got to try it out so
those are some system settings that's supposed to come into ps now once the
updated version of it hit and so far p has now actually been performing a lot
better so they've been doing a lot of things on the back end so let's move on
PSVR2 on PC / AR
playstation vr2 is supposed to be fully compatible with pc
all right fully compatible with pc so i can't wait to see the full showing
of what playstation vr2 is going to offer but all that talk before about steam and having the playstation controller and the haptics work on steam even when you use the playstation 5 duelist controller on pc and things of that nature it's all supposed to be a cohesive um a cohesive
experience so even the vr the next vr you'll be able to fully use it on pc now
technically playstation vr right now you can use on pc you can use that but
psvr 2 is supposed to be more have more of an integrated um more of an integrated program so that it can work directly with um pc all right so that's another one another thing is
playstation vr um two augmented app now this is interesting so it's supposed to
be an augmented app that can turn your room into any game world so let's say
you put the joint on right and you got a chair right there your bed is right
there or you got or let's say you you know you're in the living room and you
got your dining table or dress whatever it is right you the world around you can become a
video game world with this augmented app that's a standard inside the playstation
vr2 suite of apps they're going to have a lot of sweets like a suite of apps that you can just
check out kind of like you know right now with share factory and things of
that nature that you got on your playstation 5 and we had on playstation
4. you understand so i'm very excited to see that because I don't think they're going to stop there
but yeah man augmented reality mixed reality it's a lot like going on i'm very excited so that's crazy now let's move on
GamePass Competitor, Netflix Deal
um when jim ryan was talking about the answer to xbox game pass will be revealed this year so here's some other information that i was getting playstation did a deal with netflix and
um the way they're gonna offer this is playstation itself will be able to offer
you tv shows movies games like they already do and um at a combined price as well so it's
supposed to be like ps now and everything rolled into one to make playstation plus like a bigger deal and playstation plus collection is going to play a role in that too because those games is permanent in that collection to have access to so it's a big deal but um but uh i still think it's going to take
a little time to compete with the way xbox game pass is set up with the with the cloud and like how they gonna do everything uh and unify it together especially with the day and date releases of brand new games but it's gonna be very interesting to see how they pull this off one thing that i will
tell you is that right now they have a little over three million members on um on playstation now this particular new deal and this new answer to xbox game pass is supposed to have uh it's supposed to take that number from three to like 46 certain million because they're gonna roll everything into one
and playstation network they got crazy numbers you know i mean crazy millions of members and that's going to take playstation now and everything else to a whole nother level when they roll things out to be able to compete better with um xbox game pass but currently uh 52 of the cloud gaming market share belongs to playstation now you know currently so that right there
you know their business model is working out great for them uh even though they
don't have the they don't have the numbers in terms of subscribers but the
money that they make all the subscribers is a bigger deal than what xbox game
pass is doing currently right now all right so that's news on that
"Lost Soul Aside" game
the next thing is crazy so lost soul aside shout out to my man yang bing lost soul aside um
from what i hear it will officially be a playstation exclusive a playstation exclusive so right now is
you know is being worked on playstation is going through the china studios
project but it wasn't confirmed before whether it's going to be like a
playstation exclusive or they're going to buy up the company or however they're
gonna uh um do this and stuff like that but yeah it's supposed to be a playstation
exclusive like meaning that it's not coming out on pc day and date like you
know me or may not come to pc at all you know what i mean it's it's you know
it's supposed to be like that from what i'm hearing lost soul aside so that's
gonna be very interesting to see how that works and then um
Metal Gear Returning
a lot of y'all but talk about metal gear coming back i told y'all plenty of times
way before i even gave a little hints about snake and everything and one thing
i told y'all was to pay attention to astro bot because the way they designed
that game it wasn't just only for design there was a lot of things that sony was
telling y'all in plain sight but i can tell you right now metal gear in some
form of fashion is coming back the only thing i don't know is if it's metal gear
6 or reboot or remake or whatever I don't know that for sure but i can't
confirm that metal gear is coming back and more than likely more than likely
because i really want to confirm this real talk but more than likely it is a
remake more than likely it's a remake but it's not going to end there metal gear is alive and well trust me on that it's watch it's gonna be heat and it's a bunch of other stuff too like it's a combination like sony got a lot of new stuff and they got a lot of old stuff that we've
been waiting on to come back and they got a lot of surprises that you thought would never ever ever see the light of day again you know what i'm saying so i'm telling you yo it's crazy
RockStar <3 Sony
and one last thing rockstar games and sony had they got a deeper partnership than
what y'all may think that's all i can say on that because you know rockstar
games don't play they don't play they like real tight lip you know what i'm
saying they don't want nothing leaking out so and i respect that all i can tell
you is that sony and rockstar they are closer than what you think and
um the look the data don't lie the if yo i'm telling you like sony they different
with rockstar so um it's scary right now it's scary right now you know what i'm saying so we about
to get into the new look lakers but before we do that let me holla at y'all
hip hop gamer blah blah blah

Last edited:

reksveks

I wish there was a platform that gives me a summary of YouTube videos without me contributing to the algo or the ad revenue.

What did he say about the Netflix deal?

Personally still think it was just a couple of placeholder materials.

ksdixon

For my own thoughts, I'm still watching the video as we speak, if even half of this turns-out to be true, I'll be happy. I've always said BC is important, and PSNow should have more/all of it's games downloadable. That Sony had the ability to offer the new games and the old together, plug up any holes in their boat reletively easily, and it was confusing why they seemed to be hell bent on not doing so.

If Sony does address these lacking areas, as well as still keep kicking-out their AAA Blockbuster exclusive titles, it's all good. Just with the sidenote that their customer-facing communication didn't need to have been complete arse since about 2018. Wait and see?

Has that August blowout event rumor gained any tangiable credability yet, or are we at the whim of COD's development over at the under-pressure Activision-Blizzard, since apparently Sony are waiting for COD to be in a showable state?

reksveks

The problem with BC now especially in those original gen is the same one that Nintendo mainly and xbox have. It's a pain in the arse to deal with licensing especially from publishers whom have gone defunct or acquired. It's also a manual process. I think they won't have any issue with the first party and major games.

ksdixon

I wish there was a platform that gives me a summary of YouTube videos without me contributing to the algo or the ad revenue.

What did he say about the Netflix deal?

Personally still think it was just a couple of placeholder materials.
Transcribed in the OP now. I'll go-back and pretty-up the formatting of it now.

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
Life Smash GIF

TLZ

Banned
Should change his name to Hip Hope Gamer.

His previous claims all previous generations will be BC were bullshit and it’s funny to see him keep the dream alive.
Yea this. Disappointed me big time.

Don't want to be disappointed again.

ReBurn

Gold Member
I can't remember a time before I started scrolling through the OP.

HHG isn't someone I follow but there's really no reason Sony can't allow us to play our original PS1 and PS2 games on PS5. We all know they can emulate both consoles. But Sony's priority is selling us more copies of the games we already bought, or getting us to pay them monthly via PS Now to play them, not letting us play the one we already have. That won't change.

ksdixon

Yeah yeah, wall of text. I had to figure out how to use the YT Transcript Feature, and then manually paragraph format whatever it spat out at me. Dudes have the option of watching video too ya know lol.

What people think?

Last edited:

onesvenus

How can anyone watch this?
Having said that:

- Having all the Playstation catalog in PSNow would be great.
- PSVR2 being compatible with PC would make sense with the specs they are talking about and their supposed push to PC
- What he says about Netflix/PSNow doesn't make sense to me. Rolling everything together into a single subscription would be a way to increase numbers, that's true but I'm not sure that'd make anything to Gamepass. And where does that "PSNow is 52% of the cloud market" come from?
- About metal gear, I think something is happening. That metal gear sketch in the walking simulator director's cut was done for a reason

Does anybody know how PS Music and Spotify deal works? Is it just a mere rebranding or does Sony benefit if you subscribe to PS Music instead of Spotify?

We keep hearing about this Netflix and PSNow deal. I wonder how Sony will make it work financially.

Does Sony get a 30% cut if you subscribe to Netflix through a PS Console? Because if Sony gets a cut, the only way I could see the Netflix+PSNow deal working is that the deal will only be available if you subscribe to Netflix through a Playstation console. In effect, it will increase Netflix subscribe made through a Playstation console. So it's like, if you subscribe to Netflix through a playstation console, you will get Netflix and PSNow subscription.

Last edited:

MrFunSocks

Banned
I thought this guy must have left the industry years ago on account of being a clown that just made up stuff to fuel Sony fanboys hopes and dreams.

Last edited:

reksveks

Does anybody know how PS Music and Spotify deal works? Is it just a mere rebranding or does Sony benefit if you subscribe to PS Music instead of Spotify?

We keep hearing about this Netflix and PSNow deal. I wonder how Sony will make it work financially.

Does Sony get a 30% cut if you subscribe to Netflix through a PS Console? Because if Sony gets a cut, the only way I could see the Netflix+PSNow deal working is that the deal will only be available if you subscribe to Netflix through a Playstation console. In effect, it will increase Netflix subscribe made through a Playstation console. So it's like, if you subscribe to Netflix through a playstation console, you will get Netflix and PSNow subscription.

I was trying to figure out what Netflix get out of it. Can you even subscribe to Netflix on a console? Just tried xbox and basically it asks for a phone number and then will send you a link to your phone.

I was trying to figure out what Netflix get out of it. Can you even subscribe to Netflix on a console?
I actually don't know. I use Netflix directly through the tv app. I'm also a freeloader through my sister's sub. I also wonder what Sony get out of it.

Last edited:
yo... thats crazy son!

*translation*

hey! , thank you very much for the interesting gaming information!

respect n big love to hip hop gamer.

Last edited:
There are more believable flat earth theory lunatics than Hiphopgamer, and when you have him as a source...

I thought this guy must have left the industry years ago on account of being a clown that just made up stuff to fuel Sony fanboys hopes and dreams.

"PS5 14 TERAFLOPS" - Never forget. He deleted that livestream video from his channel after Sony revealed the system specs, officially. LMAO. I'm still trying to find if someone online's archived it.

Oh, and how could we forget the evergreen "PS5 rEmAsTeRiNg eNgInE"? That entire video is a goldmine.

This dude makes frauds like Jeff Grubb as "bELiEvAbLe iNsIdErZ".

yeah , he certainly has more truth , than nasa.

maybe he just repeating lies?, he thinks is truth as fact...... you never know.

*finger to lips* shhhhhhhh

Last edited:

Kokoloko85

Uh he’s been saying this since before the PS4 launch…

As much as I want this and think Sony has nothing to lose.
They could easily port the PS1 and PS2 games from the Vita, PS3 and PSP stores. They are right there!

I dont have many PS1 games so Id rather they do digital games then actual physical BC
I think he’s full of shit and has no connections

Last edited:
Sorry but who listens to Hip Hop Gamer...guy has been on YT almost for 10 years with 36k subs. What sources, what connections? And enough with this BC. Ive been with PS since the first one and I played all those games and have them in good memory but I don't plan to start paying and playing a 25 year old game on my 65" TV. Theres a reason ppl still ask what CRT to buy and theres plenty of ways to play them if you really miss them so much. PS5, a $500 machine with ray tracing, i buy it for what is coming next. Not to play old games for some nostalgia trip that will last like a month.

This fool is still relevant? I met him at E3 once, we ended up meeting in same room due to having an appointment lined up at same time and day.

To be super fair, couldn't stand him and his ghetto persona. Guy is super cringe. No clue why anyone takes him seriously with the way he speaks.

Last edited:

ShirAhava

Plays with kids toys, in the adult gaming world
PSX support native or streaming w/ PS NOW with 240p resolution and done correctly? fucking doubt

Sony actually doing something interesting this generation? fucking doubt

Thabass

can somebody give me a few examples of anything HHG ever said 100% coming just/first from him, that turned out to be true? because I can't think of anything
Literally nothing. HipHopGamer is a hype man, not a journalist.

Top Bottom