• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

High on Life | Review Thread

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
The game has received a patch which, among other fixes and stuff, adds a 4K/30 and 1440p/30 FPS mode to Series X and S respectively. The default performance mode is 1440p/60 and 1080p/60 on both respectively.

Last edited:

analog_future

Resident Crybaby
The game has received a patch which, among other fixes and stuff, adds a 4K/30 and 1440p/30 FPS mode to Series X and S respectively. The default performance mode is 1440p/60 and 1080p/60 on both respectively.

4K is appreciated. The image could be a bit soft at times at the default mode.

Banned

DLSS was needed. UE4 TAA is disgusting

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
What is the completion percentage for High on Life? I'm just curious

Approx ~21% for beating the final story boss (you can continue playing after beating him to mop op the open world tasks). For comparison, Dead Space (a full price game) has 35% for beating the final boss.

The completion rate for this is pretty damn good for a game on available on GP (y)

vTWKxLh.png

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
Approx ~21% for beating the final story boss (you can continue playing after beating him to mop op the open world tasks). For comparison, Dead Space (a full price game) has 35% for beating the final boss.

The completion rate for this is pretty damn good for a game on available on GP (y)

vTWKxLh.png
That's not bad

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
I know dick about Rick & Morty because I’ve actively avoided that show like the plague since its inception. The popularity was disgusting. The fans, the character designs, the shows color palette, the fans. Everything. Fuck that whole show.

But this game dude. This is like a fever dream game where it’s Pee Wees Big Adventure meets Toejam & Earl meets Metroid meets Oddworld meets South Park. With a dash of Will Vinton and Jim Henson. And as a child of the late 80s-early 90s this game has a really cool yet eerie feel of that era of style. Just pure wackiness for the sake of being fucking wacky. And I’m really digging it.

I’m enjoying it way way more than I ever expected to. Had I played this in 22 it probably would’ve been on my GOTY list.

The music is amazing too.

Last edited:

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
I know dick about Rick & Morty because I’ve actively avoided that show like the plague since its inception. The popularity was disgusting. The fans, the character designs, the shows color palette, the fans. Everything. Fuck that whole show.

But this game dude. This is like a fever dream game where it’s Pee Wees Big Adventure meets Toejam & Earl meets Metroid meets Oddworld meets South Park. With a dash of Will Vinton and Jim Henson. And as a child of the late 80s-early 90s this game has a really cool yet eerie feel of that era of style. Just pure wackiness for the sake of being fucking wacky. And I’m really digging it.

I’m enjoying it way way more than I ever expected to. Had I played this in 22 it probably would’ve been on my GOTY list.

The music is amazing too.
I hate to tell you, but if you liked this game you’ll probably also like Rick and Morty. Just ignore the fandom. Don’t let other people ruin it for you.

Top Bottom