• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hidetaka Miyazaki doesn't enjoy playing his own games

I wouldn’t say they’re trapped, they’re just catering to their audience, it might not gain them anything to try catching a new audience.

My interest in Demon’s Souls is complicated, while I think it’s fantastic at it’s core, I realized that ”git gud” mostly meant grinding to level up until you essentially unlock easy mode, or find ways to cheese the game. It can be a real time-sinker, I’ve done so many stupid things over and over. A menu option to increase the starting level or lower the XP needed to level up would no doubt make it a better game for me.
FromSoftware now seems to think that everyone wants games that are near next to impossible. I didn't mind Dark Souls too much, but Sekiro is just brutal and unfair
I used to love Fromsoftware but their games are just too hard. It's like they've never heard an easy mode.

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Lot of musicians don't like to listen/revisit their own created work so yeah nothing new. <3 thanks for posting it tho

Last edited:
Hey Mr. Miyazaki...

Game Smash GIF by Red Bull

Fredrik

FromSoftware now seems to think that everyone wants games that are near next to impossible. I didn't mind Dark Souls too much, but Sekiro is just brutal and unfair
I used to love Fromsoftware but their games are just too hard. It's like they've never heard an easy mode.
I haven’t played Sekiro. Can you level up the character and upgrade the weapons and do you have to replay whole levels if you die?

I haven’t played Sekiro. Can you level up the character and upgrade the weapons and do you have to replay whole levels if you die?
The game does have character power and upgrades but its not an RPG system. The progression systems are tied more closely to your progress through the game instead of grinding or farming materials. And the type of stuff that can be unlocked through grinding or mats, are not typically an increase in pure power but by giving you more options. If you die you go back to the last check point, there is the Resurrection mechanic, but enemies typically hit harder and are a lot more aggressive, so its not going to save you if don't know what you're doing.

Fredrik

The game does have character power and upgrades but its not an RPG system. The progression systems are tied more closely to your progress through the game instead of grinding or farming materials. And the type of stuff that can be unlocked through grinding or mats, are not typically an increase in pure power but by giving you more options. If you die you go back to the last check point, there is the Resurrection mechanic, but enemies typically hit harder and are a lot more aggressive, so its not going to save you if don't know what you're doing.
Interesting so then it’s more about learning patterns, when to attack and dodge, instead of dumb grinding to make it easier like in DS?
I need to try it some day. I loved the boss fights in Metroid Dread, they were 100% about learning patterns.

Interesting so then it’s more about learning patterns, when to attack and dodge, instead of dumb grinding to make it easier like in DS?
I need to try it some day. I loved the boss fights in Metroid Dread, they were 100% about learning patterns.
Pretty much. Experience from killing enemies is just to buy skills. Damage upgrades you'll need to get from killing major bosses, and health is from collecting prayer beads from mini bosses or finding in the environment (4 makes 1 health upgrade, sound familiar?).

Top Bottom