• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hideo Kojima (DidYouKnowGaming?)

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
Sorry, I didn't see this. I still think this video deserved its own thread.

Last edited:
"Near death experience because of attack by dog" - so I guess 60% of us as kids can say we almost died.
"such a hardworker he refused to go to bathroom" :messenger_tears_of_joy: Wow, next time I open a business Ill look in CV if people would hold their pee to finish the work for the day. What a trooper.

I swear he can make the most miniscule thing, drama filled, life and death experience. Same BS as him with a pencil and a logo and he created DS all by himself.

Last edited:

Dthomp

It's Hideo Kojima Month on NeoGAF. 🥳🍾🥂

What a time to be alive :rolleyes:

Doesn't need to make sense...NANOMACHINES?!?!?

"Near death experience because of attack by dog" - so I guess 60% of us as kids can say we almost died.
"such a hardworker he refused to go to bathroom" :messenger_tears_of_joy: Wow, next time I open a business Ill look in CV if people would hold their pee to finish the work for the day. What a trooper.

I swear he can make the most miniscule thing, drama filled, life and death experience. Same BS as him with a pencil and a logo and he created DS all by himself.

Eh, people who are successful always think they had it rough getting there. Like you said, those things you pointed at....almost everybody has experienced these things. Refused to go to the bathroom? Bitch..I've had jobs where they wouldn't LET you use the bathroom unless you were on your lunch break.

Dthomp

It’s always tiring when something you don’t really, and I’m presuming, care about, is absolutely everywhere

It’ll be over soon enough. Let us Kojima fans have our moment, after everything that happened, and the three year road to this game.

I get being excited. Hell I used to really enjoy his work before HE became the thing people were excited about. I just wanted to point out that threads are getting buried because every time anybody tweets anything Kojima related, another thread pops up. It's almost like his fans are as intense for attention as he is.

You need to seriously consider changing your name and removing your avatar if you truly hate Kojima.

It's fucking retarded to shit on the person who literally created the character that you're so obsessed with.

Last edited:

ExpandKong

Banned
Let us Kojima fans have our moment, after everything that happened, and the three year road to this game.

By “everything that happened,” i assume you’re referring to “Kojima’s ridiculous scope creep and mismanagement got so bad Konami had to literally lock him in his office to get Phantom Pain in a shippable state before the heat death of the universe.”

Dude is past his prime.

-Arcadia-

Banned
By “everything that happened,” i assume you’re referring to “Kojima’s ridiculous scope creep and mismanagement got so bad Konami had to literally lock him in his office to get Phantom Pain in a shippable state before the heat death of the universe.”

Dude is past his prime.

I’m glad you were there to give us eyewitness blow-for-blow accounts.

There’s plenty of room for interpretation, and stories from both sides, but given Konami’s direction, treatment of esteemed designers, and some of the horror stories we heard, I’m inclined to believe the established version of events.

ExpandKong

Banned
^Retarded post.

M9V5UQA.gif

I’m glad you were there to give us eyewitness blow-for-blow accounts.

There’s plenty of room for interpretation, and stories from both sides, but given Konami’s direction, treatment of esteemed designers, and some of the horror stories we heard, I’m inclined to believe the established version of events.

Oooh and what’s this “established version of events” exactly? Coz I finished Phantom Pain and that was the only game I’ve ever played that felt simultaneously ridiculously padded and horribly unfinished, and I’d say it’d be pretty convenient to blame that entirely on the Big Bad Faceless Japanese Corporation.

-Arcadia-

Banned
M9V5UQA.gif

Oooh and what’s this “established version of events” exactly? Coz I finished Phantom Pain and that was the only game I’ve ever played that felt simultaneously ridiculously padded and horribly unfinished, and I’d say it’d be pretty convenient to blame that entirely on the Big Bad Faceless Japanese Corporation.

Dude. I was just talking to the other guy, and explaining that there were a lot of Kojima threads because we’re excited, and they’ll soon be gone.

Why are you so intent on starting a fight?

Not only do I not want to give you one, I don’t want to wreck Vyse’s thread. Move along.

I get being excited. Hell I used to really enjoy his work before HE became the thing people were excited about. I just wanted to point out that threads are getting buried because every time anybody tweets anything Kojima related, another thread pops up. It's almost like his fans are as intense for attention as he is.
It sounds like you are talking more about MHK, not Hideo Kojima. I posted this not only because it centers on Hideo Kojima but also because I enjoy watching DYKG videos. Especially their developer retrospectives like the ones for Saturo Iwata and Eiji Aunoma.

I personally don't care much about the tweets. I don't follow anyone on social media. But these kind of videos where it's like a documentary on a video game, console, developer, whatever, I think it's unfair to write it off as "fans seeking attention".

Last edited:

Dthomp

Sony contracted me to do this one thing and one thing only: Convincing GAF to buy Death Stranding (Available for pre-order now!)

I'd advise finding a new job, cause just screaming Hideo over and over hasn't really swayed me on Fed Ex Driver the game. Not just you though, the commercials for this game are trash, and won't sell a single non Kojima fan on the game. I pray Sony isn't hoping for another God of War with this one. I don't really care about Call of Duty, and their new commercial (Also without showing gameplay) at least hyped me for the game.

Verdanth

Guess his game's should all have a label that said "A Hideo Kojima's Mom game". Mom's are the best.

From Penguin to Metal Gear Solid. What a journey Kojima-san!

Last edited:

Bakkus

Watched it yesterday. Great video, but one thing confused me, the narrator first say that the developers working on the first Metal Gear had trouble understanding Kojima's vision and how to implement these stealth aspects to the game, only to immediately afterwards move over to: 'in XX of XX Metal Gear was released for the....'

Top Bottom