• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hideo Kojima announces Death Stranding Director's Cut for PS5

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
Weren't there rumors that Sony cut the budget drastically?
The rumors I heard were that Sony said it was too dark, scary and made them change some things.

Aside from the MGS tease, nobody noticed the PlayStation Studios logo at the start of the video? Why is it there?
Might be that Sony owns the IP? Not sure really. I think any game made for them as an exclusive has that logo now.

ethomaz

Banned
What online interaction? Getting 2 mill likes for nothing? Or wasting time removing all the litter?
I’m not even sure if you played the game 🤔

The online intersection allow you to avoid doing the endless travels to get material to build a bridge or highway.
The key passages on rain will have some shelter or energy supply playing online… so you don’t need build them and have several travels to do that.
At bosses people help you with weapon and support cargos.
You have always some transport near you so you don’t need waste time going to base to get one.
You have several fast travel builds near you so you don’t need to waste your time.

It is basically a live game that helps you on the boring tasks.

Last edited:

MrS

Banned
This trailer is deffo his way of giving his blessing to the MGS remake. The Handled with love close up seals it for me while the other allusions are many and obvious. It's happening. Bluepoint about to deliver another masterclass like they did with DeSo. Day one no questions asked.

Last edited:

Kuranghi

He did literally shelve the box though, so that indicates to me that he's saying he won't go back to MGS. Hope I'm wrong :lollipop_sad_relieved:

Oh also I'm super excited about this, I haven't even played one second of Death Stranding, been waiting for this "patch".

Last edited:

HAL-01

He did literally shelve the box though, so that indicates to me that he's saying he won't go back to MGS. Hope I'm wrong :lollipop_sad_relieved:

Oh also I'm super excited about this, I haven't even played one second of Death Stranding, been waiting for this "patch".
This trailer tells me 2 things:
1. Stealth reveal of Kojima Productions Sony acquisition (PS studios logo)
2. “I’m done with MGS, but it is in good hands” (fragile, handled with love all over the box)

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Fran Healy Money GIF by Travis

Skifi28

I went from "WTF is this walking sim shit" to playing 50 hours in two weeks and finishing it, I'll take it. The new additions have me more excited than the PS5 upgrade, but dualsense support could turn out making a big difference too. Now if only it was a free upgrade...................

Last edited:

vpance

This trailer is deffo his way of giving his blessing to the MGS remake. The Handled with love close up seals it for me while the other allusions are many and obvious. It's happening. Bluepoint about to deliver another masterclass like they did with DeSo. Day one no questions asked.

Yeah definitely some kind of message in there. Too nonsensical even for Kojima to do that without any reason.

Reactions: MrS

kyliethicc

This trailer tells me 2 things:
1. Stealth reveal of Kojima Productions Sony acquisition (PS studios logo)
2. “I’m done with MGS, but it is in good hands” (fragile, handled with love all over the box)
PS Studios has nothing to do with ownership.

It is used for any game they publish. Like Sackboy A Big Adventure. Sony didn't buy Sumo Digital either.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
I went from "WTF is this walking sim shit" to playing 50 hours in two weeks and finishing it, I'll take it. The new additions have me more excited than the PS5 upgrade, but dualsense support could turn out making a big difference too. Now if only it was a free upgrade...................
imagine the possibilities with the touch stuff in this game..
NGL

i have the PC version too
2 copies of the game on ps4
1 came with the death stranding ps4 pro
imma quadruple dip

mejin

Dunno if it will be by Bluepoint, but that is definitely an amazing good bye to his creation. He is passing the torch and moving on.

arvfab

Banned

He jumped in the box. Jump in... Box.... Kojima being bought by MS confirmed!

Fragile Box... Fragile, easy to break... Box... Death Stranding for Xbox 360 confirmed!

Box being shelved... Box.. shelve.... Phil Spencer cameo in Death Stranding confirmed!

Ok, enough bullshit from my side 😬

Yoboman

The rumors I heard were that Sony said it was too dark, scary and made them change some things.

Might be that Sony owns the IP? Not sure really. I think any game made for them as an exclusive has that logo now.
I really doubt that

By all accounts Sony don't interfere in development much at all. God of War was apparently a complete mess but they still let the creative vision play out and it resulted in a GOTY

Yoboman

I think thats right

Kojima is just responding to rumours he is going back to MGS

The trailer is like saying "we've thought about jumping back in the box (MGS), but its not right any more"

I’m not even sure if you played the game 🤔

The online intersection allow you to avoid doing the endless travels to get material to build a bridge or highway.
The key passages on rain will have some shelter or energy supply playing online… so you don’t need build them and have several travels to do that.
At bosses people help you with weapon and support cargos.
You have always some transport near you so you don’t need waste time going to base to get one.
You have several fast travel builds near you so you don’t need to waste your time.

It is basically a live game that helps you on the boring tasks.
You forgot the most important one: spend the most time removing all the useless clutter left by other players that only cares about getting the useless like.

I really hopw that Kojima isn't involved in the heavily rumoured MGS project in any way, he fought like hell to get away from it and I'd be far happier just letting do his own thing. At the very most I suppose some sort of exectutive advisor who just gets to say "yeah, I like that" but I'm not sure he's the sort who could keep his distance.

Kerotan

Yessses! I platinumed this so will wait to buy the remaster next year on sale. By then I'll be in the mood to play again.

Kuranghi

I think thats right

The trailer is like saying "we've thought about jumping back in the box (MGS), but its not right any more"

I agree about him not going back to it, but HAL-01 HAL-01 did point out it could mean he's leaving it in someone elses hands as well though.

Terenty

I wish they would add some hardcore mode and deep caves with some new tools to survive inside them. Not sure about sneaking around bases with an AI like this and a limited toolset

I think thats right

That's exactly what I got from this video as well. Also see the 'Handle With Love' on the box. Probably means whoever takes up the MGS IP needs to take proper care of it.

Really nice touches by Kojima.

Kuranghi

I can't get off of the fence with this game, its so difficult to take the plunge when gamers are so polarized.

Just get it, that was really getting me down but I decided I won't know for sure unless I get it. I hear people saying they hated it and others say its awesome, I watched videos of people playing it and got nothing from them so I think you need to play it to really get it.

packy34

I wouldn't expect this update on PC for a while unless KojiPro says otherwise. DS isn't published by Sony on PC, so there's all kinds of weird hoops they have to jump through on this one.

near

Gold Member
Substance & Subsistence style expansion? Hopefully they add a portable music player this time, those silent walks before an audio cue can be lonely!

Last edited:
I havent touched alot of alot of Playstation titles. Returnal, Death Stranding, Ghost of Tsushima, Sack Boy. A Native PS5 version with alot of improvements will make me try DS.

LMJ

Glad I didn't jump in, can't wait to see what else Kojima and the Decima engine can do :D I Think I'll get the PS5 version... now I just need a PS5:messenger_loudly_crying:.

Top Bottom