• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hideo Kojima announces Death Stranding Director's Cut for PS5

Urban

And maybe, just maybe, we will get that at the PS5 event.
Black Widow Avengers GIF

u know...i dont think there will be a event :(

Ozrimandias

Death Strading, a game by Hideo Kojima an awarded game director worldwide known for its videogame-auteur titles with his studio "Kojima productions", now deliver a new game that fully represents the director's own approved edit, the "Kojima Edit", because the original Death Stranding was not so Kojima. So now gamers, rejoice because, this is all the Kojima Cut that Kojima can bring, because the original was his vision, but not so much.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
The game is an 82 on metacritic, hopefully the directors cut cleans up the cargo menus. If possible involve more gunplay. Make the traverse less of a chore, limit backtracking etc. Kojima just did a great job I can see him getting comfortable with his next game but knowing Kojima they'll likely be risks taken.
fz4j.gif

ahtlas7

Wait, what is in this? I thought I had his vision of the game already.

DS is kinda fun to sit and chill with.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
The game is an 82 on metacritic, hopefully the directors cut cleans up the cargo menus. If possible involve more gunplay. Make the traverse less of a chore, limit backtracking etc. Kojima just did a great job I can see him getting comfortable with his next game but knowing Kojima they'll likely be risks taken.
fz4j.gif
I want less warehouse menu stuff, MORE survival traveling and less shooting/ghosts :p

blastprocessor

The Amiga Brotherhood
Anything changed beyond 60fps and possible use of PS4 controller?
Was going to pick up for £15.99 new on PS4 but l guess it won't get a patch for 60 fps.

SafeOrAlone

Banned
I'm glad we'll likely have access to the higher difficulty. I'm hoping it makes the human enemies a little more daunting. Has anyone here tried that on pc?

This game has online interaction and it is a key part of the experience.

If not you are fated to do dozens of pointless travels that you were suppose not to do.
What online interaction? Getting 2 mill likes for nothing? Or wasting time removing all the litter?

RoboFu

One of the green rats
I dont get it. the trailer hinted at a very metal gear experience? you think he is adding more gun play?

Dr Kaneda

Anything changed beyond 60fps and possible use of PS4 controller?
Was going to pick up for £15.99 new on PS4 but l guess it won't get a patch for 60 fps.
It was £4 brand new at Tesco last week for some strange reason.

Anyway, this looks top tier. So looking forward to it, and as petty as it sounds I hope it releases with a new boxart to replace the terrible PS4 one. Some of that classic shinkawa please.

Bro, you have your own studio! Your last name is the name of the studio, a recognized auteur....every game you release is a director's cut...wtf?
Still, awesome trailer. I'm hyped. There is future for MGS after all.
That was the joss whedon cut.

Was the box thing a MGS tease or something?

DonF

Is this game pointless to play if you're not interested in any kind of online interaction with others, and play it 100% offline?
If you can't go online, I would say you would miss an important part of the game. You have to reach certain parts to open the online element though. So you play offline until you add each part of the map to the network. Going online is a important reward. Non intrusive, you can ignore it.

SSfox

Can't help but wonder if that also isn't a tease for MGS (MGS remake? or MGS6?), i mean remember that Crash Bandicoot tease in Uncharted 4 for example... SUSPENSE AF...

original.gif

Last edited:

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
PS5. Full reveal just weeks away.

I guess the PS5 conference is in a few weeks.

MGS music and teases stealth gameplay.
Yeah the MGS references were something. Kojima forever loves trolling folks.

Top Bottom