• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hideo Kojima’s deal with Xbox reaches key milestone

sublimit

Banned
Xbox fans :
Oh My God Reaction GIF by The Office

Sony fans right now :

Donald Glover Pizza GIF
But i thought the majority of Xbox fans didn't liked Kojima? :messenger_grinning_smiling:

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Expecting the Microsoft/Kojima deal to get signed by the Fall. Hoping his cloud based game is survival horror.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
I am ok with this tbh. Maybe six months ago I wouldve been horrified but I like the new Microsoft a lot more than the new Sony. They are both doing pretty much the same thing nowadays anyway. Cross gen games, PC ports, acquisitions. There is very little separating the two unlike back in the kinect days.

Sony had their shot and they didnt put a ring on it. Kojima gave them a GOTY winner that won 75 critics awards, 7 more than second place Sekiro, and 40 fan awards, 10 more than second place RE2 and 29 more than Sekiro. He made a game with just 100 people in 3 years and gave them an exclusive in a really bad year for Sony first party with Days Gone getting roasted by critics. DS even landed at number 7 on NPD in a busy month like November. He had earned a DS2 or a new game from Sony but if Sony didnt brass didnt lock him up then then they have no one but themselves to blame.

Doesnt matter who pays Kojima to make the next game, as long as it gets made and his vision isnt fucked with. That's one thing Sony is good at, giving devs freedom. Lets hope MS does the same and doesnt force coop on them like they did with Platinum.

Last edited:

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
I am ok with this tbh. Maybe six months ago I wouldve been horrified but I like the new Microsoft a lot more than the new Sony. They are both doing pretty much the same thing nowadays anyway. Cross gen games, PC ports, acquisitions. There is very little separating the two unlike back in the kinect days.

Sony had their shot and they didnt put a ring on it. Kojima gave them a GOTY winner that won 75 critics awards, 7 more than second place Sekiro, and 40 fan awards, 10 more than second place RE2 and 29 more than Sekiro. He made a game with just 100 people in 3 years and gave them an exclusive in a really bad year for Sony first party with Days Gone getting roasted by critics. DS even landed at number 7 on NPD in a busy month like November. He had earned a DS2 or a new game from Sony but if Sony didnt brass didnt lock him up then then they have no one but themselves to blame.

Doesnt matter who pays Kojima to make the next game, as long as it gets made and his vision isnt fucked with. That's one thing Sony is good at, giving devs freedom. Lets hope MS does the same and doesnt force coop on them like they did with Platinum.
You are assuming that Kojima wanted to be acquired again after just getting his independence and releasing his first game and Sony didn't make him an offer at all.

For all we know, it could have been the other way around -- that Sony made him an offer, Kojima didn't want to be acquired by another company, so Sony made a second-party deal and helped him establish his studios in return.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
You are assuming that Kojima wanted to be acquired again after just getting his independence and releasing his first game and Sony didn't make him an offer at all.

For all we know, it could have been the other way around -- that Sony made him an offer, Kojima didn't want to be acquired by another company, so Sony made a second-party deal and helped him establish his studios in return.
They didnt have to acquire them. Just do what MS is apparently doing. Partner with them to do a new game. DS came out 2 years ago. This guy works so fast, he wouldve had a next gen game out by 2022.

Eliciel

Letter of Intent is like writing a letter to Betty agreeing to really go to prom together, while Tom gets to know Linda, who has some better arguments--
In the end no one sees neither Tom nor Linda at prom, but rather hear them, loudly, from a car that's parked next to prom. The car, actually being the new electric car developed by Sony - the first car with 3D Sound.

Last edited:
Reactions: MrS
And he is in a position where he has to kind of play it safe right now, because Death Stranding wasn't exactly a blockbuster and it must have cost a shit ton to make.

Actually :

Grubb is behaving like he really needs this to happen.

Any time Kojima tweets about playstation or some other rumour/coincidence happens this man is screaming from the top of the lungs about his own rumour. If you're so sure you're right just relax.

Yeah! Imagine next one. Kojima has a mousepad with Hulst on it :

Grubb : "Kojima is in bed with Phil" article

Now i get it :

Next up, Kojima stated that Kojima Productions is planning to work on multiple game projects, one of which would be a “big” game. However, Kojima would also like to try doing smaller games, like episodic games and digital-only games. He’s unsure he’ll be able to manage that, but he hopes he’ll be able to develop and release smaller games while he keeps working on a bigger game project.

MS will fund this episodic game and Kojima, greedy bastard as it is, will ask for more money and MS will throw even more money, but one part of that money will be for funding next Kojimas BIG game for PS5. So, Sony will get this big game for free. Thanks MS.

Larvana

Jeff Grubb....lol.....months ago the deal was already done and the game in development. Now they signed a letter of intents and he knows the contents :messenger_grinning_sweat: no one else has talked about this.
The guy just wants attention.
I noticed you and the people who liked your comments haven't noticed it's been stated more than by Jeff that Kojima and xbox are making a game together.

Derktron

Banned
Grubb is behaving like he really needs this to happen.

Any time Kojima tweets about playstation or some other rumour/coincidence happens this man is screaming from the top of the lungs about his own rumour. If you're so sure you're right just relax.

BabyYoda

Banned
Maybe it's a bit too experimental for Sony, Stadia et al, Gamepass would be a good fit for that kind of game, plus it would likely also sell on Steam and blu-ray/digital for Xbox. I can see this really upsetting Sony fans, but if Sony really did turn it down, then this is better than the game not being made at all (in theory), you can always sub to XCloud for a bit, it's not the end of the world!

My gut feeling says this will turn out to be true, so people should prepare themselves for that eventuality.

LMJ

New MS...New Sony? You mean their next gen plans?
Sony had their shot and they didnt put a ring on it. Kojima gave them a GOTY winner that won 75 critics awards, 7 more than second place Sekiro, and 40 fan awards, 10 more than second place RE2 and 29 more than Sekiro. He made a game with just 100 people in 3 years and gave them an exclusive in a really bad year for Sony first party with Days Gone getting roasted by critics.
Bad year? Sony had a slew of Japanese exclusives and some great 1st party exclusives (Concrete Genie, Dreams) It wasn't the power house of previous years, but considering that was supplemented by a crap ton of great third party (again many of which were PS exclusive or (PS4/Switch)

As for the ring on it remark... GOOD, Kojima's new studio SHOULD NOT be purchased by MS or Sony...Fuck that stupid fanboy bullshit!

I want Kojima's studio to REMAIN independent, because that way He can make the games HE wants to, that way he has the creative freedom to release on what platform HE wishes.

Seriously screw this current monopolistic mentality that is POISONING the gaming community!
DS even landed at number 7 on NPD in a busy month like November. He had earned a DS2 or a new game from Sony but if Sony didnt brass didnt lock him up then then they have no one but themselves to blame.

Is this all speculation though? It certainly seems like Sony and Kojima are still chummy, but lets be honest a "social" game (something Kojima showed intrest in) is perfect for Game-pass...

Just because he potentially makes a Box exclusive doesn't mean he's shunning Sony

Diddy X

So they legally stated that the have intentions in doing something, what is actually the weight of such thing

THEAP99

Banned
He's gonna do some serious things with xcloud and series x.

Hopefully he still has a game being worked on with Sony

Dr_Salt

Jeff Grubb....lol.....months ago the deal was already done and the game in development. Now they signed a letter of intents and he knows the contents :messenger_grinning_sweat: no one else has talked about this.
The guy just wants attention.

But he never said the deal was done and in development.

Top Bottom