• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hidden Elden Ring Colosseum Now Shown ‘Functioning’ by Elden Ring Dataminer

Bullet Club

Hidden Elden Ring Colosseum Now Shown ‘Functioning’ by Elden Ring Dataminer​

gr0pxMW.jpg

Remember the hidden Elden Ring Colosseum that we reported on last month? Well, someone has managed to get the locked location ‘working’.

The inaccessible location was discovered by known Souls miner “Lance McDonald” last month. In a video, the reputable leaker showed the in-game location and how to get there. Unfortunately, at that point, the Colosseum itself didn’t appear to be working. Fast forward one month and miner “Sekiro Dubi” now has the location functioning. At least, to some degree. As shown in a new video, the miner used a standalone map editor called “DS Map Studio” in order to get into the colosseum in the Leyndell area. Apparently, these colosseums “are remains of a bygone era before Radagon became King Consort”, and in the video, we can clearly see a knight battling a giant lion in the colosseum. This suggests that, at some point, FromSoftware intended to include the location for gladiator fights within Elden Ring.

“I mean it's possible it was cut from the game so it can later be re-purposed as DLC or something? But at least we can see how it once functioned to some degree now”, Lance McDonald wrote in a reaction to this newly released video.

Whether this colosseum content was cut at some point, or the team still aims to include it for an upcoming DLC remains to be seen. Still, it’s an interesting discovery that we wanted to share. Check out the new Elden Ring hidden Colosseum video down below:

Elden Ring is available globally now for PC, PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox Series X|S, and Xbox One. Last week we reported on a new upcoming mod for the PC version that aims to offer a full co-op experience. Features for this upcoming modification include enemy scaling, voting, synced map waypoints, a stackable debuff mechanic, and more.

Source: WFFTech

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Colosseum part is not that interesting compared to his other videos.
IT IS ABSOLUTELY CRAZY we got only some tiny part of the story without any explanation. We don' even know who the fuck bosses are, who hoorah loux is..
We don't even know WHAT IS ELDEN RING. Was is a ring? Was it from space? it it an item or idea? did it allowed people of past to kind of riches?
What is lands between? Is it hell or some land which was better before?
I find it pity that the story we got is so shit and unexplained...

Look at these. Why couldn't this be in the game ?!

IT IS ABSOLUTELY CRAZY we got only some tiny part of the story without any explanation. We don' even know who the fuck bosses are, who hoorah loux is..
We don't even know WHAT IS ELDEN RING. Was is a ring? Was it from space? it it an item or idea? did it allowed people of past to kind of riches?

This game is weird, as in the more I look at the cut content (including that fun Mimic quest) the more I think this game should have been delayed another year or a bit more to get all the quests in, and dialogue. Godfrey just shows up out of nowhere to challenge you as a sort of final boss. The entire Horaah Loux thing seems to be just mentioned in a cutscene and items, but other than that it's nothing. I thought Nephli's quest would tie into somehow to him but nope, she just stands at a castle now.

THE most fleshed out questline is Ranni the Witches's one, with Blaidd and the other cast. Everything else seems half-baked, and I'm wondering if a complete / definitive edition with all the DLC would include cut content ?
If they are putting in quest phases for Patches, and Nephli I wonder what else will be added in a DLC.

Aesius

They probably cut that stuff because it will explained in future DLCs. Elden Ring is a massive hit and they will almost certainly release multiple DLCs for it to fully flesh out the story.

Bro Elden Ring is the family. The shattering of the Elden Ring was the family seperating

The_hunter

This game is weird, as in the more I look at the cut content (including that fun Mimic quest) the more I think this game should have been delayed another year or a bit more to get all the quests in, and dialogue. Godfrey just shows up out of nowhere to challenge you as a sort of final boss. The entire Horaah Loux thing seems to be just mentioned in a cutscene and items, but other than that it's nothing. I thought Nephli's quest would tie into somehow to him but nope, she just stands at a castle now.

THE most fleshed out questline is Ranni the Witches's one, with Blaidd and the other cast. Everything else seems half-baked, and I'm wondering if a complete / definitive edition with all the DLC would include cut content ?
If they are putting in quest phases for Patches, and Nephli I wonder what else will be added in a DLC.
Nepheli shows up as a summon in a later boss if you complete her quest.

This stuff was cut because it obviously doesn't fit into the story.

Gaelyon

Gold Member
I just finished Elden Ring a few days ago, after a massive 170 hours first run. Yet there's still room for more story, explanations and exploration. I hope the future DLC will add much more than a mere colosseum. The ranni quest was good and hopefully Fromsoftware will improve in this direction.

MarkMe2525

Gold Member
I'm hijacking this thread as there isn't much discussion on the other elder ring threads.

It happened... I didn't think it would... but it did. I'm hooked on a fromsoft game. I bounced off of Dark Souls and the remaster several times. Everyone always gives those games so much praise so I kept giving it another shot, but 10 hours in I would drop it like before.

I decided after waiting over a month to go ahead and just buy the physical version as I could then either return it or give it to a friend when I inevitably dropped the game through sheer boredom or confusion. I was wrong. I'm having an awesome time with it. That's really it, just wanted to share.

Top Bottom