• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hi-Fi Rush Outperforms Forspoken in Revenue During Steam Launch, Despite Game Pass Availability

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freeza93

Banned

whOg0If.gif

Mr Moose

How is this calculated? Hogwarts Legacy hasn't even released yet.

Edit: RDR2 is at number 5? Hmm.

Last edited:

Barakov

Gold Member

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
I only laugh, because it is Forespoken, not that it there is some Sony deal. I have very low tolerance for cringe, so forgive me.

Also what a twist.

Deerock71

whOg0If.gif
How 'bout because Forspoken sucks, and Hi-Fi Rush doesn't?

Mr Moose

RDR2 has been on sale for ~$20 on Steam for a good chunk of the month
I don't want to buy it again... Why tell me that? :messenger_crying: I might have to buy it again!
Then again thinking back the controls were dog shit and the story wasn't as good as the previous entry imo, my £20 might be safe.
Edit: £18.14. Hmm.. I could get Persona 4 for that, but I am waiting hopefully for a console/PC comparison.

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Gold Member
It beat it on revenue despite selling for $5 less than half the cost of Forspoken and being on Gamepass and basically zero marketing and limited reviews. Its a confluence of impressive factors. Its doing well.

But as everyone has said, beating Forspoken seems easy at this point.

Last edited:
The fact that a remake of an old game is at the top of any chart should put a chill down the spine of gamers everywhere.
Nothing new will ever get made if they only thing people buy is remakes of old games.

Jaybe

Seems a bit console warring to continue the comparison of these platform exclusives… but..
1) I doubt these numbers. Peak concurrent player bases below which are higher for Forspoken.
2) Hogwarts Legacy and Dead Space smashed both games so it’s not like the top performers are actuallt being discussed by this bait article
CLWQpIY.png
RdGgITT.png

Last edited:

tmlDan

The fact that a remake of an old game is at the top of any chart should put a chill down the spine of gamers everywhere.
Nothing new will ever get made if they only thing people buy is remakes of old games.
Or new games need to be better, neither of these games are up to snuff based on modern expectations. (although not really fair for Hi-Fi)

Last edited:
I'm mean the funniest thing would be a fly on the wall of Jim Ryan's office asking people why they spent millions to make Forspoken an exclusive and yet it gets taken down by HiFi Rush.
Someone needs to break out the Hilter in his bunker video and transcribe it to be about HiFi Rush killing Forspoken.

The best thing Sony did with Forspoken was making it a 2 year exclusive rather than just 12 months. The more time that game stays off Xbox the better.

feynoob

Banned
Seems a bit console warring to continue the comparison of these platform exclusives… but..
1) I doubt these numbers. Peak concurrent player bases below which are higher for Forspoken.
2) Hogwarts Legacy and Dead Space smashed both games so it’s not like the top performers are actuallt being discussed by this bait article
CLWQpIY.png
RdGgITT.png
This is useless chart.
It doesn't tell you the over all userbase.

Topher

Gold Member
CLWQpIY.png
RdGgITT.png

Personally I think it is hilarious that the console war is using Steam as its battle ground now.

CLWQpIY.png
RdGgITT.png
Gamepass exists bro...

Banned
in revenue? meaning HiFi Rush has to sell 2 copies to break even with 1 copy sold of Forspoken... right?

so if the revenue was equal that would still technically mean Hifi Rush sold 2x the amount of copies as it's only a $30 game right?

that's unexpected tbh.

Last edited:
in revenue? meaning HiFi Rush has to sell 2 copies to break even with 1 copy sold of Forspoken... right?

so if the revenue was equal that would still technically mean Hifi Rush sold 2x the amount of copies as it's only a $30 game right?

that's unexpected tbh.

It outsold a critically panned game, thats not really a victory for the way people are talking about it and not by much by the looks of it.

It’d be just as uninteresting as saying “the best game released exclusively on xbox for the past several years outsold Gotham knights”

Last edited:

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
There is new shit in that chart though, literally shit.
That's the problem, not remakes
And just because you and I have played it before doesn't mean others have, especially the newer generation.
When they remake something and it trashes everything it just helps validate our opinions of older games being better then newer ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom