• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hi-Fi RUSH |OT| Dance to the Tango (Game Works)

Punished Miku

Gold Member
g9INSE9.png
C5TvlxZ.png
cF1nHzt.png

really like the way it looks and the whole vibe of it. But i dont think i can play a rhythm action game. not my cup of tea. i dont want to feel like im not attacking correctly.

really like the way it looks and the whole vibe of it. But i dont think i can play a rhythm action game. not my cup of tea. i dont want to feel like im not attacking correctly.

Videogames are not designed for you to do things correctly, they're designed to condition you to do things correctly (which this does very well with its in game tutorials).

This game isn't even difficult at all, it's just requires some timing to get the most out of it.

Rockman33

Is this the best and most polished same day announced and released game ever? (only one I can think of that comes close would be apex.)

Feels a lot bigger and deeper than what games released this way usually are.

sainraja

I am cringing at the serious console warring by some people here with their stealth digs at games from another platform while enjoying the silly console war antics going on here. :D

Ya'll know these are just games right and you are capable of enjoying all, no matter the style? The only reason a game is a 'Platform A' game or a 'Platform B' game is due to the 'business' aspect of gaming since they all need to give us reasons to play on their platform. Anyway, the cringiest comments seem to be by those who own both but feel the need to take a dig at the one they don't like, by saying things like 'cinematic' in a thread that does not even necessitate it.

Man, gamers need to grow up. :D

Having said that, I don't know if I will enjoy HiFi or not but it does remind me of Sunset Overdrive and I loved that so I will give it a try.

Last edited:
Why are so many games having such shitty cheesy self referential writing/dialogue at the moment.

“Yep, that’s me…blah blah blah drivel”

This does it, forspoken does it, red fall does it. It’s like there’s no competent writers. Maybe I’m just old and everything is being made to appeal to zoomers and zoomers just have terrible tastes…or companies think this is what zoomers want and like, so they are writing the same trash cringe over and over in a misguided attempt to appeal to them, but they hate it too 🤷‍♂️
Where have you been since like 2015 lmao. This is more or less Marvel style writing and humor which nearly every writer in the entertainment industry copies due to it's popularity.

Raven117

Where have you been since like 2015 lmao. This is more or less Marvel style writing and humor which nearly every writer in the entertainment industry copies due to it's popularity.
It does seem to be getting worse…. And my patience with it is getting very thin. It’s such a pandering writing style

ancelotti

Wow, what insane quality for a shadow drop. I don't think I've smiled this much simply admiring game mechanics since Titanfall 2. The way everything flows and how the action creates the music (and vice versa) is really creative and perfectly executed.

Kudos to the devs, you absolutely nailed it and this is going to be on a lot of GOTY lists.

KXVXII9X

Yeah in fairness this is probably the one game of the 3 I cited where it’s not as out of place. What riled me was I saw 3 trailers in the same day with that sort of crap.

That said tho, it’s not exactly like 90s cartoons were well written masterpieces 🤣
Haha yeah. 90's were cheesy in general lol. And I get what you mean about the type of dialogue lately.

DaGwaphics

I've fallen to my death enough times for this to qualify as a platformer.

The platforming elements are rhythmic too.

In that introductory level I was the same, takes a second to get a feel for the jumps.

Fun game so far. Reminds me of how out of rhythm I can get on these beat games. LOL I'm getting better though.

DaGwaphics

Shdow revealed and dropped games for smaller AA games seems to be a good way to go...you get pass the console war fluff, people online nitpicking and just put it in the hands of the gamers...im sure it will review well but regardless of the score people already played so it wont skew sales.

It will give them a boost for their streams like this if they shadow drop a game every once in a while (even if not every time). People will be interested to see if they are going to do it or not. Maybe it will encourage Nintendo and Sony to do the same with smaller titles. The "hype" machine in gaming is so out of hand, it almost seems to have an inverse effect, this is a nice change of pace. They will probably always want at least 6 months to a year to hype the big games though.

Last edited:

twilo99

after playing a bit on cloud I downloaded to PC locally, runs great on 6800xt, stable 165FPS without FSR... which seems to only be 1.0 for some reason anyway

oji-san

Banned
When i first saw the trailer i wasn't excited as i never played a rhythm game before but reading here that it can be played as action game will make my try it next.

Top Bottom