• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hi-Fi Rush Leaker Claims Starfield And Redfall's Development Is In "Rough Shape" (Rumour)

People keep talking about Skyrim being justification for being hyped as if that wasn't released almost thirteen years ago.

I look forward to the day when people stop using Skyrim to give Bethesda unlimited free passes.
???

Literally their entire catalogue besides Fallout 76 has been great and that was some weird online spinoff from their original formula. That is the reason why people are looking forward to it.

ZoukGalaxy

If Starfield doesn't release this year I'll take my water gun and shoot my series x.
Its Been A Long Time Waiting GIF
Give It To Me Want GIF by Dunkin’

Starfield is almost a nordic legend 😹

Meanwhile, I would love rerererererelease of Skyrim for PSVR2.
I can't believe I asked for a new Skyrim release.

Fredrik

Meanwhile, I would love rerererererelease of Skyrim for PSVR2.
I can't believe I asked for a new Skyrim release.
The original release is very limited. What needs to happen is PSVR2 compatible with PC so we get modded Skyrim VR with better image quality and eye-tracking for quick aiming with bow and spells. 👌

wolffy71

Banned
Eh. Cyberpunk is a MASSIVE success and that’s despite the abysmal reception and media lynching of CDPR. Imagine if that game shipped in a polished state. And Starfield is a new IP from the makers of Skyrim and Fallout. It’s going to do well. There shouldn’t be any doubt here.
Oh it's gonna sell. But I doubt it's nearly as good as people think

Fredrik

As for the OP content. As much as it hurts to say I’d rather take another year delay than another broken rough release. And the positive PR for ”Day 1 on Xbox Game Pass” kinda fall apart if it’s really just beta testing and a year of patches is needed until it’s in the state you want it to be for your first playthrough.

Fredrik

Oh it's gonna sell. But I doubt it's nearly as good as people think
It’s a new big space RPG by one of the industry’s biggest RPG developers, for genre fans it’s going to be awesome even if it’s rough, there really aren’t anyone else doing these types of games. Closest alternative would be Bioware if their A team make a new proper Mass Effect or Obsidian’s The Outer Worlds 2 but that would be years away.
For people not into sci-fi or roleplaying it’ll be meh though no matter if it’s a 90+ Metacritic game.

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
Allow 343 7 years to make a Halo beta, allow Rare to reboot Everwild 3 times, restart development on Perfect Dark with a new studio - rush Bethesda to release their mega game months before it's ready.

Mr Rogers Clown GIF
Don’t forget giving Fable to a dev that have no ideas of making that kind of game.

Varteras

Gold Member
Red dragon is the leaker?

He Certified PS fanboy. Who dedicated his life to bash Xbox
He's not the leaker. He was spreading the leak.

Red Fall got release date.

So obviously leaker trying to create FUD
Starfield also had a release date. A release date doesn't mean the game doesn't have issues. Like Halo Infinite or Driveclub.

Last edited:

Fredrik

I’m fairly certain this will be my game of the generation. This is exactly the game I’ve been waiting for. Even Cyberpunk for all its flaws had more going for it than 90% of modern AAA games.
It’s a long generation but yeah it’ll be up there for sure. Going by what we know about right now I think it’ll be a competition between Elden Ring, Starfield, The Elder Scrolls VI and Zelda Tears of the Kingdom. I especially think Zelda is going to surprise everyone again, only thing holding it back is the aging hardware, hopefully they have an updated version ready for their next console.

NahaNago

I can believe that starfield might be in rough shape but that developer direct made that redfall game look pretty good.

Starfield is already being tested out in the wild and the feedback is that it's amazing.
Theres been enough games that have been hyped although their preview and alpha build were in rough state only to receice massive backlash on release due to its rough state on release.

But we as consumers just don't learn anything from it.
People in this thread are already saying they get it day one, regardless how its gonna review.

So why would MS or Bethesda care do to their Job properly if they have enough stupid fans to buy their shit anyways?

Sadly theres enough gamers that will buy into anything even early alpha games just to be able to play something new.
We can see that clearly with all this early access titles on steam for example.

I also tend to have that urge to play a new / another game even if I know its in Early Access or release in a rough state.
But I've learned to only do that for indies/new small studios.

I will not do that though if its a well funded long lasting company that is developing the game.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
You mean the tent pole and AAA flawless no bug Bethesda is struggling?

Sarcasm aside this game.has to prove a lot more than just exist to deserve any more hype than it already has.

This is not 2008~ Bethesda. Not sure what to say about the Microsoft ownership but this (rumored) behavior is happening under their watch.

Filben

Starfield is being made by Bethesda. You don't have to be a genius to see that development is gonna be in rough shape because all of their products has been in the same shape when released.

Last edited:
Yeah a rumours just came in with bad news for Microsoft, maybe they could release this rumors one two week after so they can leave Xbox a week without problems... If it's constant bad news then it becomes unbelievable.
As for Starfield is known to any person that has ever in his life played Bethesda games that they come with problems, Bethesda have very good ideas and gameplay but they don't have the expertise to troubleshoot/fix the issues their game faces.

Starfield will release this year but probably in the holidays. They probably have over 100 qa testers going through the game looking for any bugs that they can squash. But will it be bug free. Of course not. Having so many qa testers won't compare to being in the hands of ten million people day one. Im okay with that. Nothing will stop me from playing this bethesda masterpiece. This is their bread and butter. Grand single player opus RPGs. Bring it on.

j.k.2021

Banned
This is ridiculous. When the "leaker" tried to use MS losing "tons and tons" on Azure as the reason to push unfinished games out he immediately lost all credibility. Microsoft had an net income of 72 billion in 2022, on 198 billion in revenue. Those are the kinds of margins that 99% of the world's large companies would kill to have. Picking on Azure was even dumber. AWS and Azure are both thought to have 25-30 operating margins. Microsoft even pointed to Azure as the main reason their cloud gross margins increased so significantly. This is from their 2022 Annual report "Gross margin increased $9.4 billion or 22% driven by growth in Azure and other cloud services". I guess Microsoft is just lying to shareholders :messenger_grinning_squinting:
People looking to hate will believe in just about anything.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
What I've learnt from the other threads and Internet over the last few days is that if starfield and redfall are in bad shape then it has nothing to do with MS and the fault only lays with Bethesda because MS have nothing to do with Hi Fi Rush being s good game as its all Bethesda as they operate independently of their owners Microsoft.

This imo is not true snf if starfield and redfall release and they are buggered its MS fault as they should have delayed them and taken the bad rep hit for that. As long as the games are the best they can be then so be it.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Especially the one's who believe that Azure had losses and Xbox can help offset those losses.They wouldn't be abandoning last gen systems for all their upcoming exclusive games if they wanted to make the most money.Think people think.And stay away from people like The red clown.
Anyone who could ever think that xbox could even make a dent in microsofts cloud arm of the business is a crack head and can not be trusted.

j.k.2021

Banned
What I've learnt from the other threads and Internet over the last few days is that if starfield and redfall are in bad shape then it has nothing to do with MS and the fault only lays with Bethesda because MS have nothing to do with Hi Fi Rush being s good game as its all Bethesda as they operate independently of their owners Microsoft.

This imo is not true snf if starfield and redfall release and they are buggered its MS fault as they should have delayed them and taken the bad rep hit for that. As long as the games are the best they can be then so be it.
Starfield will launch with bugs.There is zero chance of a game with that massive scale and complex systems to launch in a polished state.People need to stop comparing them to linear games.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Starfield will launch with bugs.There is zero chance of a game with that massive scale and complex systems to launch in a polished state.People need to stop comparing them to linear games.

Oh, absolutely. And I can guarantee those bugs will be emphasised more than they ever have with any other Bethesda game, and we know why. But that's fine, I'm in day one and know from my past experience with mainline Bethesda games that I will love it.

ahtlas7

ATM, Starfield is a day 1 for me and it’s Bethesda’s to loose between now and release.

Couldn‘t give 2 shits about Redfall.

Top Bottom