• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hi-Fi Rush Leaker Claims Starfield And Redfall's Development Is In "Rough Shape" (Rumour)

feynoob

Banned
This is where I think gamepass really muddies the waters. People will just pass it off and say "it was free with gamepass anyway so who cares" if it comes in hot so I completely understand what you're saying.

I think for the sake of setting a standard for what XGS are happy to release this game more than any other needs to release in a state that everyone says "wow".
People will haul MS if they release it broken or too buggy.
Let's no go this with gamepass yada yada yada.

If they did, Xbox would get smacked in social media very hard with constant bad news about Starfield. Like cyberpunk level of bad news.

Reactions: GHG

Ozriel

M$FT
That user did more than that though, the user predicted HI-FI rush would be shadowdropped.

FGXPwYH.png

I haven't been following the developer direct that closely, so maybe someone else also said something about the shadow drop and they copied it, but if they didn't then this dude knows something.

There was a tweet with the exact same prediction from another leaker with some credibility…and that tweet came several hours before the other guy showed up on Era.

More importantly, this guy on Era also claimed to have inside information on Blizzard’s Diablo. As well as inside info on Bethesda. And that’s just ridiculously implausible.

More telling that they had zero additional details to share on Hi Fi rush aside from what was in the tweet.

Last edited:

feynoob

Banned
We're also talking about the makers of Fallout 76

I have a superpower that allows me to foresee that Starfield will have a buggy, unfinished launch. It's called Pattern Recognition.
Fallout76 was a different studio with a help of Bethesda.
It wasn't a full product from main Bethesda.

Fallout 76 also had other issues.

https://www.eurogamer.net/new-repor...ghted-by-poor-management-and-mandatory-crunch
It's claimed many of the team at Bethesda's Rockville studio, which lead development of Fallout 76, had very little enthusiasm for senior management's push to create a live-service version of Fallout, having joined the company as fans of the studio's single-player games.

According to Kotaku's report, matters weren't helped by a lack of coherent direction from senior management as to what Fallout 76 was actually supposed to be. It's claimed that while Bethesda's Todd Howard was technically in charge of the project, he spent most of his time working on Starfield, while design director Emil Pagliarulo "didn't seem to want to be involved with the product at all. He didn’t want to have any contact with it... or read anything that we put in front of him."

People here comparing skyrim or starfield to fallout76 can't be taken seriously.
Singleplayer vs Multiplayer is an entire different beast.

However I know how buggy bethesda singleplayer games generally release.

And if people buy a bugfest starfield or play them on gp regardless they will only prove my critique towards gamepass or similar game subscription services.

I have done the same in the past but I won't support this any more.

Kurotri

If Starfield doesn't release this year I'll take my water gun and shoot my series x. I'm tired of this, as is everyone else. According to Todd, this game has been in development since January 2016. That's 7 years. Even if you take 2 away because of bovid, that still makes 5. What on earth is taking so long? And honestly, if this is how gaming will be from now on where every game needs a decade of dev time, I'm just gonna stop with this hobby and become a family man.

Gudji

What a load of crap.

Edit: date was 25th. We still don't have any news from major leakers. Jason is still quite about it.

Edit 2: this dude is scrapping this leak.

Why are we giving attention to a Twitter fanboy warrior?

This is fake.
Jason would have this news ready.

He is the epitome of fanboyism.
Dude is hardcore Xbox hater.

Jason said that in 2021, and not expect the game on e3. Then in 2022 the game was delayed from 2022, which proved his point.

Right now is 2023, so that is enough time to iron those issues.

The problem is the person who is sharing this details is a fraud, who used a reddit leak to establish his credential.

I am talking about the source. The guy who is being mentioned by Red dragon is a fraud.
https://youtube.com/clip/Ugkx5YKD79jpzm-mlCTX8TuUU47yw2Vpq4-U

https://www.resetera.com/threads/ru...upcoming-sci-fi-shooter-from-bethesda.666028/

He is no leaker, but a leacher.

Everything is gonna be okay.

tenor.gif

Man these threads are tedious. You spend five pages looking for info, and all you get is speculation and barely masked concern trolling before you realise it’s got zero substance. Seems like there’s at least one of these per day.

The only thing about Starfield that I’m worried about is that they release it before it’s ready because they are trying to counter the ‘no gamez’ trolls. Give it as much time as it needs.

Redfall and Starfield aren't anywhere close to being able to mitigate massive losses in other divisions, so rushing them out sounds like complete nonsense.

Redfall also didn't look rough at all...seemed pretty much ready to go gold shortly

So this rumor sounds like bullshit to me

The framerate in that Redfall segment was all over the place. Not saying the rumours I true, as I have no way of knowing myself, but I definitely noticed slowdowns in the unveiled footage...

jakinov

That azure part sounds absurd. Why would the top care or know about such a thing,same with investors. investors aren’t going to care about starfield or a bit of growth in the Xbox division if the other bigger ones aren’t doing better. However, I just think it’s the leaker giving his opinion on things and the game does need more polish but interpreting that Microsoft wants it out sooner than later but that’s likely more to do with the game being in development for several years.

There was a tweet with the exact same prediction from another leaker with some credibility…and that tweet came several hours before the other guy showed up on Era.

More importantly, this guy on Era also claimed to have inside information on Blizzard’s Diablo. As well as inside info on Bethesda. And that’s just ridiculously implausible.

More telling that they had zero additional details to share on Hi Fi rush aside from what was in the tweet.

That tweet didn't predict it would be shadow dropped

Last edited:
If I was a betting man I would put large sums of money on what this guy says.

Now needing another year and MS actually giving it to them is likely 2 different things as we could be seeing another Cyberpunk

Starfield is a must this year...It will come out in 2023, regardless of any potential launch issues; delaying it again is a luxury MS can not afford.

Smoke6

Posted in the other thread that Starfield is in trouble and needs another year as I was told
So will you be accused of being jealous of HiFi as the poster above claimed?

Like I dunno how and why statements like that are made when this info has been making the rounds lately here and there!

Now they wanna discredit him because of a shadow dropped game nobody seen coming from tango?

Smoke6

Does it even work this way? They're separate parts of their business.
Also, their games don’t sale, so unless there’s some substantial DLC at launch, then how will this mitigate losses? Especially if we have another Cyberpunk on our hands, this won’t bode well and most people will cheap sub it to play it anyway!

If Starfield doesn't release this year I'll take my water gun and shoot my series x. I'm tired of this, as is everyone else. According to Todd, this game has been in development since January 2016. That's 7 years. Even if you take 2 away because of bovid, that still makes 5. What on earth is taking so long? And honestly, if this is how gaming will be from now on where every game needs a decade of dev time, I'm just gonna stop with this hobby and become a family man.
chun-li-family-man-e.png

kuncol02

Banned
That user did more than that though, the user predicted HI-FI rush would be shadowdropped.

FGXPwYH.png

I haven't been following the developer direct that closely, so maybe someone else also said something about the shadow drop and they copied it, but if they didn't then this dude knows something.
He wasn't first to say that it will be shown and released on Developers Direct.

jm89

He wasn't first to say that it will be shown and released on Developers Direct.
Multiple people leaking stuff? How is that possible?

Regardless I'm not discounting that this person may have taken it off from someone else.

Feeling vindicated in that poll asking whether Starfield would get delayed. MS is hot garbage at dev management, and buying up tons of huge studios will just exacerbate that.

Last edited:

JLB

Banned
Imagine taking seriously a guy saying that a 53 billion in profits division can be "helped" by two videogames.

Last edited:

sachos

Hope he is wrong/lying, Xbox needs these games to be good although i have bad feeling about both of them. I was surprised by the way Redfall looked in that last trailer, specially the interiors, very L4D2 like graphic quality wise.

dorkimoe

Yeah that's been my experience, I've been on projects where I've nonstop bitched that we aren't ready for release yet the shit brained management push it out. And it's always the devs who suffer if anything goes wrong, working long hours to fix.

And there only contribution to the shit release is to try and send you messages of support, like please fuck off and be useless somewhere else.
If it makes you feel any better it’s the exact same where I work. Fortune 50 company. And when layoffs happen it’s the devs fault never management.

A.Romero

I wonder why these insiders post on that forum instead of this one...

Anyway, I don't see what the problem is TBH. In this day and age, specially with access to gamepass, nobody should be buying any games without learning about their release state. I mean, less than say 10 hours after release a good chunk of people willing to share their impressions will be posting stuff on the Internet. If the option is going to be to delay the game anyway, I don't see the problem in an earlier release with subsequent patches to get it up to speed.

Even if someone is really curious about the game I'm sure a gamepass trial could be obtained for a secondary email account and just test it yourself before buying/subbing.

This is ridiculous. When the "leaker" tried to use MS losing "tons and tons" on Azure as the reason to push unfinished games out he immediately lost all credibility. Microsoft had an net income of 72 billion in 2022, on 198 billion in revenue. Those are the kinds of margins that 99% of the world's large companies would kill to have. Picking on Azure was even dumber. AWS and Azure are both thought to have 25-30 operating margins. Microsoft even pointed to Azure as the main reason their cloud gross margins increased so significantly. This is from their 2022 Annual report "Gross margin increased $9.4 billion or 22% driven by growth in Azure and other cloud services". I guess Microsoft is just lying to shareholders :messenger_grinning_squinting:

We're also talking about the makers of Fallout 76

I have a superpower that allows me to foresee that Starfield will have a buggy, unfinished launch. It's called Pattern Recognition.

Except the Starfield Team (who made Skyrim, Fallout 3, Fallout 4, Oblivion, Morrowind) weren't ever the primary developer of Fallout 76. They were busy finishing Fallout 4, working on Fallout 4 DLC, and then getting to work on Starfield since 2016. It was an entirely different main studio, the BattleCry studio (since renamed to Bethesda Game Studios Austin), that developed Fallout 76. The Starfield team and the Fallout 76 team are not the same teams. The primary Maryland studio responsible for all the legendary singleplayer games from Bethesda only offered inspiration or the creative vision for Fallout 76. They were never its main developer.

So their record is still very much a spotless one for delivering incredible games.

Three

This is ridiculous. When the "leaker" tried to use MS losing "tons and tons" on Azure as the reason to push unfinished games out he immediately lost all credibility. Microsoft had an net income of 72 billion in 2022, on 198 billion in revenue. Those are the kinds of margins that 99% of the world's large companies would kill to have. Picking on Azure was even dumber. AWS and Azure are both thought to have 25-30 operating margins. Microsoft even pointed to Azure as the main reason their cloud gross margins increased so significantly. This is from their 2022 Annual report "Gross margin increased $9.4 billion or 22% driven by growth in Azure and other cloud services". I guess Microsoft is just lying to shareholders :messenger_grinning_squinting:
The only plausible explanation are losses on xCloud when he mentions xbox having to recoup some cost from game releases from "losing money on Azure". I don't personally buy it but MS have been making the same argument to regulators so maybe. They are releasing games that aren't playable on xbox one too. That might push more users to gamepass ultimate with those releases. That's assuming if this rumour has any merit at all.

Last edited:
Yeah true but I doubt that will be enough to meet expectations. Those games are a little less fresh with every one
Eh. Cyberpunk is a MASSIVE success and that’s despite the abysmal reception and media lynching of CDPR. Imagine if that game shipped in a polished state. And Starfield is a new IP from the makers of Skyrim and Fallout. It’s going to do well. There shouldn’t be any doubt here.

Barakov

I'm worried!!!... about Starfield.

"It sounds like things might not be going as planned at Arkane and Bethesda.
Earlier this week, Ghostwire: Tokyo and The Evil Within developer Tango Gameworks managed to surprise everyone that tuned into the joint Xbox + Bethesda Developer Direct showcase. Not only did it announce Hi-Fi Rush, a game unlike anything it's ever made before, it also shadow dropped the title, making it available to play as soon as the show ended. It was a shock to pretty much everyone, apart from an insider going by the name of Horns that called the announcement and surprise release before the show even started.

Bouyed by the accurate information they received, Horns has made another claim, although this one is a lot less exciting (thanks Game Revolution). According to Horns, two of Xbox's heavy-hitters for 2023 are in pretty rough shape at the moment, those being Redfall and Starfield. They claim that both titles allegedly need more time in development than they're already getting, yet Microsoft is rushing both titles to try and mitigate the losses its suffered from its Azure cloud division."

https://www.thegamer.com/hi-fi-rush-leaker-claims-starfield-redfall-development-rough-shape/

Starfield will have bugs.

shocked philip j fry GIF

EDMIX

2d7bks.jpg

& Again another thread as Twitter console warrior Red Dragon as a source?!

nahhhhhh i'm fucking getting it day 1 as I've bought all their RPGs day 1 and even I'm saying this shit needs to just be delayed.

I'd argue there is a valid reason to be concerned with this developer regarding um.....issues with development lol I expect bugs and glitches and shit as we've all come to expect that from them at this point, but if the game is still rough, delay it.

I'd rather play it intact and working in 2024 then rushed in 2023.

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
I understand ambition and bigness, but we're in a digital medium, and it would make sense for developers to start and understand how to use it to their advantage. Why have 1000+ planets, why not focus on 1 solar system for 2023, add another 2024, etc etc. I'm sure maybe only 5% of these planets have any sort of mission related objectives.

What I like about Disney+ (regardless of quality) is that they understand they can release episodes that are half an hour long, and an hour long, if it makes sense to the plot in that episode. I wish Netflix would move away from subjecting their creatives to a certain amount of time per ep. I'd like to think we're in a different age where we can approach releases in a smarter way. Especially on gamepass, which will also hook people for longer periods to the service.

I do wish them the best.

Last edited:

RickMasters

Redfall seemed fine, from the footage they showed but who knows....

Starfield we havent seen anything from since last year so we cant say.... But IUve always thought of that one as a november 2023 release. Its the big one so id rather let redfall, forza and whatever other 2023 releases do the heavy lifting until starfield is truly ready.

They could just as easily buy a couple year long-timed exclusives to fill any gaps. its worked for sony and can work for them.

Top Bottom