• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hi-Fi Rush Leaker Claims Starfield And Redfall's Development Is In "Rough Shape" (Rumour)

Bojanglez

The Amiga Brotherhood
They said H1 2023 so I don't think that's stating the obvious. I think what's wierd though is the idea that they lost a lot of money on Azure. How is that true? Didn't they have massive growth.
Yeah I thought Azure was pretty healthy part of MS. The only thing I can think of is that maybe they are incurring Azure costs in the Xbox division for Xcloud and wider MS is putting pressure on Xbox to mitigate this with increased revenue from games. 🤷‍♂️

AmuroChan

I don't know about Redfall, but I find it hard to believe that MS would screw up Starfield. It's already been delayed by a year and it's being developed by arguably the most renowned studio within Bethesda and one of the top creative directors in the industry.

I have seen it on many places and everyone mentions this red clown tweets.He is pretty much responsible for it spread.

He's not responsible for creating it though. Some person will post some thing and a rumor is created. Then social media spreads it regardless of Red Dragon being a real person. He's not the only one that spreads rumors. Sites like NeoGaf is responsible for the spread of many of them regardless of what the Red Dragon does.

damidu

I don't know about Redfall, but I find it hard to believe that MS would screw up Starfield. It's already been delayed by a year and it's being developed by arguably the most renowned studio within Bethesda and one of the top creative directors in the industry.
bethesda, a studio with enormous track record of releasing bug ridden games.

plus ms delayed halo a year too, we all saw how that turned out.

Lunarorbit

Everyone is jumping in and saying Jason schreier isn't saying anything???

He works at forbes so he doesn't shoot at the hip

He has editors

He's got to verify his sources or check in with industry ppl or (more likely) wait until someone tells him something regarding this leak

As much as ppl have a love/hate relationship with the guy he is reliable. And he waits until he's sure what he is saying is true (at least according to sources). This is what you're supposed to do when investigating news stories.

Everyone is jumping in and saying Jason schreier isn't saying anything???

He works at forbes so he doesn't shoot at the hip

He has editors

He's got to verify his sources or check in with industry ppl or (more likely) wait until someone tells him something regarding this leak

As much as ppl have a love/hate relationship with the guy he is reliable. And he waits until he's sure what he is saying is true (at least according to sources). This is what you're supposed to do when investigating news stories.

Of course this rumor just came out. It's going to take some time for him to respond especially if he does it with an article.

AmuroChan

bethesda, a studio with enormous track record of releasing bug ridden games.

plus ms delayed halo a year too, we all saw how that turned out.

I agree with you, but we're not the majority of the industry. Bethesda and Todd Howard are still viewed in the industry at large as a top tier studio and creative director.

The problem is the person who is sharing this details is a fraud, who used a reddit leak to establish his credential.

So I guess Jason is a fraud because Red Dragon shares tweets from him. I don't think the Red Dragon posting this on twitter really means anything. He's not the one who started the rumor. What you have to do is look at the source and make your decision based off that.

If there's proof that the Red Dragon created this rumor please post it. If not its just a rumor that's going to depend on whether not it happens for it to be true. It hasn't been debunked yet and we don't have a release date for Starfield yet only that it's coming the first half of the year. That's true unless the publisher says something different. Like Ragnarok the date can be given shortly before launch.

Last edited:

jm89

I am talking about the source. The guy who is being mentioned by Red dragon is a fraud.
https://youtube.com/clip/Ugkx5YKD79jpzm-mlCTX8TuUU47yw2Vpq4-U

https://www.resetera.com/threads/ru...upcoming-sci-fi-shooter-from-bethesda.666028/

He is no leaker, but a leacher.

That user did more than that though, the user predicted HI-FI rush would be shadowdropped.

FGXPwYH.png

I haven't been following the developer direct that closely, so maybe someone else also said something about the shadow drop and they copied it, but if they didn't then this dude knows something.

Ribi

I don't know why some of you are dismissive this as a troll. A buggy unpolished Bethesda game needs to be delayed for less bugs!?! "CANT BE! THEY TROLLING!" If you want FO76 all over again be my guests.

feynoob

Banned
That user did more than that though, the user predicted HI-FI rush would be shadowdropped.

FGXPwYH.png

I haven't been following the developer direct that closely, so maybe someone else also said something about the shadow drop and they copied it, but if they didn't then this dude knows something.
Its easy to say that, considering MS shadow dropped some games during their events. Notably like a dragon day1 gamepass.

I would wait in 2-3 weeks and see if that hawk guy has any new info about these 2 games.

Starfield is a high profile and something like that wont escape his nose, considering how much attention he wants.

jm89

Its easy to say that, considering MS shadow dropped some games during their events. Notably like a dragon day1 gamepass.

I would wait in 2-3 weeks and see if that hawk guy has any new info about these 2 games.

Starfield is a high profile and something like that wont escape his nose, considering how much attention he wants.
It really is not easy to say that.

Hifi rush was bareley talked about, so this dude just randomly picks a game that is barely known and says hey it's gonna be playable after the direct. A direct that no one was expecting this and Xbox was setting clear expectations beforehand.

You seorusly can't believe that? As I said in my previous comment the user could have copied off someone else.

feynoob

Banned
It really is not easy to say that.

Hifi rush was bareley talked about, so this dude just randomly picks a game that is barely known and says hey it's gonna be playable after the direct. A direct that no one was expecting this and Xbox was setting clear expectations beforehand.

You seorusly can't believe that? As I said in my previous comment the user could have copied off someone else.
Except the game was on the leak record. It wasnt picked up by alot of people.

splattered

Q4 2023 Starfield release wouldn't be end of the world... gonna be super busy with games all year regardless. Cannot wait for Diablo! <3

If You Say So Reaction GIF by Identity

I say just release it and make sure modding is supported to the extent it was for previous Bethesda games. Let the community fix it, it's not like people don't have experience in that area.

I have to disagree with you. They need to release their game as polished as possible.
If they relase another bugfest that sells well it will only incentivize game studios to not finish their products on release because SOMEONE will do it for them for free.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: GHG

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism

No, it's not. Please stop. You've been discrediting this person for 3 pages now and claiming they leached the leak from a Reddit post. When, in fact, that Reddit post never once mentioned that Hi-Fi Rush would be shadow-dropped during the Developer Event.

Now you're saying, "well, they could have easily guessed it."

How could anyone guess the release of a game that didn't even publicly exist before the Direct? How many times has it happened before?

This guy obviously knew inside information about a Zenimax game. It's possible they're making shit up about Starfield and Redfall, but it's also possible that they also have inside information about those other Zenimax games.

At the moment, they have earned the benefit of the doubt because of their track record. Besides, other people like HeisenbergFX4 HeisenbergFX4 are also corroborating the same information.

Last edited:

feynoob

Banned
No, it's not. Please stop. You've been discrediting this person for 3 pages now and claiming they leached the leak from a Reddit post. When, in fact, that Reddit post never once mentioned that Hi-Fi Rush would be shadow-dropped during the Developer Event.

Now you're saying, "well, they could have easily guessed it."

How could anyone guess the release of a game that didn't even publicly exist before the Direct? How many times has it happened before?

This guy obviously knew inside information about a Zenimax game. It's possible they're making shit up about Starfield and Redfall, but it's also possible that they also have inside information about those Zenimax games.

At the moment, they have earned the benefit of the doubt because of their track record. Besides, other people like HeisenbergFX4 HeisenbergFX4 are also corroborating the same information.
A) the game he is leaking was already leaked in early month, and last year.
B) His starting post discredits him.
C) Both games were delayed. Anyone can make such a logic.
D) Starfield has its own event, which is coming soon. I wont be suprised if they delay it later to november 2023.

Anyone can reach his conclusion.

if HeisenbergFX4 HeisenbergFX4 has info, then it confirms our suspicion about the game, as to why it doesnt have a date.

Last edited:
That's fine. But that doesn't change that they mentioned the shadow drop.

Correct that's the thing that nobody predicted except for this guy. Like I said there really isn't hard evidence that he's a fraud so this rumor is still just that a rumor. Nobody debunked it yet but we will find out soon enough if its true.

GHG

Gold Member
I have to disagree with you. They need to release their game as polished as possible.
If they relase another bugfest that sells well it will only incentivize game studios to not finish their products on release because SOMEONE will do it for them for free.

This is where I think gamepass really muddies the waters. People will just pass it off and say "it was free with gamepass anyway so who cares" if it comes in hot so I completely understand what you're saying.

I think for the sake of setting a standard for what XGS are happy to release this game more than any other needs to release in a state that everyone says "wow".

Some people will never learn. This is the Fable rumor again. The 343i Halo switching to Unreal 5 from Slipspace rumor again. The '343i will never develop another Halo again" rumor all over again. Redfall didn't look "troubled." Neither will Starfield when it gets its deep dive soon. When will people stop believing rumors by random people who just took a guess and got lucky? News of Hi-Fi Rush was out years before the direct. The guy just took a guess and got lucky. And then once he got lucky he used that lucky guess to then start spreading bs. There's always someone chasing clout.

News for Hi-Fi Rush has been out since 2021 due to a trademark.

If they need to delay it till 2024 do it…rather it come out complete…not even saying I believe homie but if it is true then delay it till done. I’m can wait.

No way Starfield is releasing half of this year.
I would be surprised if it did.

Well the rumor is about a delay happening. If it doesn't come out the first half of this year then it's been delayed. Whether a year or another 6 months is the real question if it happens.

Top Bottom