• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hermen Hulst - "We value PC gamers, and will continue to look at the right times to launch EACH game [on PC]."

fermcr

What a piece of shit, he sold out the brand. Fuck him.

Oh boy... fanboys! * facepalm *

Meme-s-Facepalm-Meme-Decal-768x768-300x300.jpg

VFXVeteran

Banned
I am glad that my insiders have finally come full circle in what they told me and I shared with this community well over a year ago. Despite the extreme name-calling and pushback, you guys can finally have no doubts about this move to port exclusives to PC.:messenger_beermugs:

Last edited:

ZywyPL

Banned
WellThereItIs.gif - no reason to own a PS5 when you can play the games some time later at way more than a mere 30FPS.

money bet, PS games will get ported to PC faster and faster as we go.

I have a serious doubt - bare in mind PS consoles use their proprietary APIs, so porting on PC is not as fast as MS games that are build with UWP/DX12 in mind from the ground up. I'm confident PS games will require at very least 0.5-1 year additional work.

Pedro Motta

I am glad that my insiders have finally come full circle in what they told me and I shared with this community well over a year ago. Despite the extreme name-calling and pushback, you guys can finally have no doubts about this move to port exclusives to PC.:messenger_beermugs:
I don't understand your point, everyone knows more exclusives are coming to PC, but they will continue to be legacy titles older than 2 years, not day and date like some are implying.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
https://blog.playstation.com/2021/0...ats-next-for-playstation-studios/#sf246401757

PSB: [How does] PC fit into the worldview of PlayStation Studios moving forward?

Hermen: We’re still early on in our planning for PC. And Horizon Zero Dawn has been very successful. I think it shows there’s an appetite from gamers outside the PlayStation ecosystem to experience the amazing portfolio of games that PlayStation fans have enjoyed for years.

But I want to emphasize that PlayStation will remain the best place to play our PlayStation Studios titles at launch. But we do value PC gamers, and we’ll continue to look at the right times to launch each game. Bend Studio just released the PC version of Days Gone on May 18. So that’s about two years after the PS4 release.

And I hope that a new set of fans can and will enjoy that title. And that’s the goal — we want to reach new gamers who haven’t yet experienced the great stories, characters, and worlds that we’ve built. Releasing games on PC will not come ever at the expense of building an exciting lineup of great console games.

God bless both Hermen and Jim. :messenger_smiling_with_eyes:

Incoming salty Sony fanboys in 3.... 2.... 1....
Oh well… shitty move. 2 years delay can help a bit as the games do have a window of exclusivity and optimising for PS5 HW still makes sense… if they go day and date then yeah, they are on the kind of wrong HW+API set to do so. We will see :/.

Banjo64

cumsessed
What was it they said the other day? A 250% return on investment for the existing ports. They’re probably thinking ‘shit, if we do a massive IP like Uncharted, GoW, TLOU or DeS/Bloodborne we’d make even more’.

tim and eric GIF

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
Options are great; the games are still going to be great... PS5 will sell... great.

Seek help friends.

VFXVeteran

Banned
I don't understand your point, everyone knows more exclusives are coming to PC, but they will continue to be legacy titles older than 2 years, not day and date like some are implying.
My point? Before the first exclusive ever was announced to the PC, I told people on this forum that PS exclusives would be coming to PC. No diehard Sony fan believed me and resorted to attacks on qualification and bogus insider information. Even after Horizon there was still backlash and I dealt with it. I'm glad all can finally see the true vision of Sony from the executives mouths after it's been under secrecy for so long.

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
Sony does appear to be planning on day and date GAAS games though from their investor presentation.

I'm confused why that slide implying that didn't become a thread here, or anywhere really lol

Pedro Motta

My point? Before the first exclusive ever was announced to the PC, I told people on this forum that PS exclusives would be coming to PC. No diehard Sony fan believed me and resorted to attacks on qualification and bogus insider information. Even after Horizon there was still backlash and I dealt with it. I'm glad all can finally see the true vision of Sony from the executives mouths after it's been under secrecy for so long.
And my point is, the strategy has been out in the open since Horizon PC was announced. But yes many people don't want to see that.

Console gamers want a console and PC gamers want a PC. Even day 1 PC games are not going to hurt Playstation sales significantly.

They really should make the PC games exclusive to their own launcher though to prepare for the inevitable hardware agnostic gaming future.

Sony fanboys are mad. It's also fine if they come out later since pc gamers have tons to play as it is already. pc gamers will get the better looking and performing version of every playstation title.

NEbeast

Been trying to tell people for ages on here. The writing is on the wall, people just dont want to see it.
I will be super surprised if by the time we reach the end of this gen, PS5 games are not launching day and date on PC.
Nope. Why even have a ps5 at that point? I don't care about exclusives coming to pc- they won't release day one though.

Last edited:

Gargauth

I think it's pretty clear that all PS games will come to PC. Question is about schedule. I wouldn't say they will ever start coming out simultanously with Playstation. I think they are following Rockstar's pattern. Release inferior version on consoles, and in 1-2 years later release superior version on PC. It is working, people are double dipping (me including, I have no shame in saying I bought both HZD and Days Gone on both PS and then again on PC). I will keep doing that going forward for games that I want to play, I'll get it on Playstation when they come out and then doubledip PC version for a replay.

Reindeer

I think it's pretty clear that all PS games will come to PC. Question is about schedule. I wouldn't say they will ever start coming out simultanously with Playstation. I think they are following Rockstar's pattern. Release inferior version on consoles, and in 1-2 years later release superior version on PC. It is working, people are double dipping (me including, I have no shame in saying I bought both HZD and Days Gone on both PS and then again on PC). I will keep doing that going forward for games that I want to play, I'll get it on Playstation when they come out and then doubledip PC version for a replay.
The only difference being of course Rockstar actually puts effort into PC versions and make them look distinctly better than console ones.

Last edited:

dcmk7

Banned
This is exactly why makes no sense to release simultaneously.

They would miss out on the people who would double dip.

VFXVeteran

Banned
tenor.gif

Last edited:

Alphagear

I wouldn't refer to superior versions of games as "scraps".

Not superior in any way considering the PS5 pro or PS6 will be backwards compatible by the time these games release.

Right now you got PS4 games and some more in the pipeline. PS5 games are years away.

Lets not forget MOST PC gamers don't even have a PC everywhere close to a PS5 in specs T

This notion that PC gamers play on superior hardware is a myth. Some do most don't.

Alphagear

If scraps = version with best performance, IQ, controls, game play, options, mods, etc, they can keep delivering all those scraps.

Not superior in any way considering the PS5 pro or PS6 will be backwards compatible by the time these games release.

Right now you got PS4 games and some more in the pipeline. PS5 games are years away.

Lets not forget MOST PC gamers don't even have a PC everywhere close to a PS5 in specs T

This notion that PC gamers play on superior hardware is a myth. Some do most don't.

Stuart360

Yeah before this gen started, even the lowest specced gaming PC was better than XB1 and PS4, hell even laptops and some tablets were lol.
Its alright getting all high and mighty now a new gen of consoles have launched, but come back in 2 or 3 years and then see what the situation is.
besides what difference does it make anyway if only a percentage of PC users currently have PC's as good or better than PS5/XSX?.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Translation - we're going to be doing day and date on PC but we're trying to ease the minds of fanboys before doing so by just spring it on them like we did with cross-gen. Before this generation ends, Sony will have their games on PC day one period because it's basically free money and they would be morons not do it. Besides, those who are console gamers (like me) aren't going to play them on PC anyway and those who get pissed at this and say, im leaving PlayStation or whatever are full of shit because you're not going anywhere so it's like, sit back down and shut the fuck up.

cromofo

If it didn't affect console sales, Sony would release games day and date on both PC and the PS. They'll test it eventually and if it shows no negative effects on sales, they'll do it.

Reindeer

So you're saying PS5 Pro (something nobody announced) is gonna be more powerful than PCs? Is that like when PS4 Pro was more powerful than PCs? Lol

dcmk7

Banned
Well the difference is that launching day and date on PC means sales will be higher on PC, as oppose to releasing a 2 or 3 year old game on PC.
If it's a good game, PC owners will buy it anyway. And some would even get both copies and double dip.

Console exclusives are a big part of the appeal for getting a console in the first place. Bizarre to just throw it away.

Especially when PC sales for HZD were very good, despite launching in a bit of a state.

CitizenZ

Banned
That day and date thing is a killer for you and yours, huh? You can make the ragnorok pc ot the same day as the PS6 launch ot in 2027 ;)

good luck avoiding spoilers

And like days gone, it will be the best version since it includes all patches, upgrades, etc. You paid full price for a mediocre title than ran at best 30 fps and on PC paying $50 is like a steal. But to each their own.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly

Yeap playing games like horizon and days gone at North of 60 fps with improved Global illumination and effects is deffo scraps! Hahaha

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

I'll never understand the "rage" that comes from this. These games that have come to PC and will, have been out for years before appearing on PC. So, why does it matter? You've played it first, and you've enjoyed it. It's not leaving your PS console, so nothing is changing your experience. It's just offering the awesome experience to a whole other community of players that may not have a PS console. It's spreading the love, essentially. Good stuff all around.

Now give me Bloodborne damnit.

And that Demon's Souls remake, I'll double dip for both!

Last edited:

Neofire

https://blog.playstation.com/2021/0...ats-next-for-playstation-studios/#sf246401757

PSB: [How does] PC fit into the worldview of PlayStation Studios moving forward?

Hermen: We’re still early on in our planning for PC. And Horizon Zero Dawn has been very successful. I think it shows there’s an appetite from gamers outside the PlayStation ecosystem to experience the amazing portfolio of games that PlayStation fans have enjoyed for years.

But I want to emphasize that PlayStation will remain the best place to play our PlayStation Studios titles at launch. But we do value PC gamers, and we’ll continue to look at the right times to launch each game. Bend Studio just released the PC version of Days Gone on May 18. So that’s about two years after the PS4 release.

And I hope that a new set of fans can and will enjoy that title. And that’s the goal — we want to reach new gamers who haven’t yet experienced the great stories, characters, and worlds that we’ve built. Releasing games on PC will not come ever at the expense of building an exciting lineup of great console games.

God bless both Hermen and Jim. :messenger_smiling_with_eyes:

Incoming salty Sony fanboys in 3.... 2.... 1....
It's amazing how he contradicts himself with "PlayStation will always be the best place to play"

Lol by what metric?

Dr Bass

Nah, he's totally right. Each does, in fact, not mean every. Basic English.

He's saying we will consider the timing of "each release we do."

He is not saying "we will consider the release timing of every playstation game that gets made."

Seemed really obvious and clear to me. But I could be wrong.

Last edited:
Top Bottom