• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Here Is How Crazy Alien Isolation Would Look Like on Unreal Engine 5

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

A YouTuber has recently shared some footage from a new UE5-based demo project, showing off the reimagination of Alien Isolation with the next-gen visuals.

Alien Isolation was one of the most-praised horror titles of the last generation of consoles, but unfortunately, it never received a sequel. Now, this reimagination of Alien in Unreal Engine 5 could really make you wish for a next-gen remake of Isolation as it looks breathtaking!

The footage above is a joint effort from multiple artists, whose creations have been assembled together in Unreal Engine 5 and turned into an amazing tech demo. You can check out the creators behind this footage here by taking a look at the descriptions of the video.

Today we imagine a new Alien game. Take a look at this GREAT footage from different reels and projects and imagine how it could look like. 3ds Max, Lumberyard, Substance 3D Painter, Quixel Suite, After Effects, Photoshop, Unreal Engine 4, Unreal Engine 5, Maya, Houdini, Substance 3D Painter, Zbrush, Marvelous Designer, Mixer, Arnold, Nuke, Redshift, Blender, Cinema 4D, Blackmagic Design Fusion, DaVinci Resolve were also used in this video.

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
Give me Pong in Unreal5. This is garbo tier. That would be impressive. Improving upon what is already perfect.

Also, too clean. Part of Alien's charm was it took place in spaceships that looked like the pilot bought them in the $500 or Less Beaters group he was a member of on Facebook, and then the oil monster threw up all over it. I want grime.

Also, to the dissenters, I think OP used to make a new thread every time someone made a slutty French maid alt mod for Jill or Ada or Claire in RE on PC, so it could be worse.

Dirk Benedict

Gold Member
Give me Pong in Unreal5. This is garbo tier. That would be impressive. Improving upon what is already perfect.

Also, too clean. Part of Alien's charm was it took place in spaceships that looked like the pilot bought them in the $500 or Less Beaters group he was a member of on Facebook, and then the oil monster threw up all over it. I want grime.

Also, to the dissenters, I think OP used to make a new thread every time someone made a slutty French maid alt mod for Jill or Ada or Claire in RE on PC, so it could be worse.

Why stop there? Let us take the Unreal Engine to new heights with 5d Rasterization and apply that son of a bitch to the immortal classic: Tetris.

clarky

Gold Member
Doesn’t look impressive what? What looks better than this?
Load of tech demos that I can't be arsed searching for. Nvidia Marble demo for starters. Its not even close to being a playable game, so not how it would look at all.

If the title was heres the new Alien game, yes it would be impressive, but its not just like the starfield one.

Last edited:

daveonezero

Banned
Seriously these should be tagged with cringe. Same as the ray tracing tech demos.
Do we really need another "How X game franchise would look in Unreal engine 5" topic from you? Stop being lazy and spamming the board with this, just make one OT and update it.

Deanington

At first watch those Alien eggs looked like shit, too metallic. Also, going off memory, this doesnt impress in general based off the original.

The Alien

Banned
Sure it looks good. Cool visual upgrade.
Am I blown away? No.

Just like last week's thread about Halo in Unreal 5....how about some ganeplay in Unreal 5? Redoing cinematic ircwalking Sims isn't what's blowing me away.

Star-Lord

Do we really need another "How X game franchise would look in Unreal engine 5" topic from you? Stop being lazy and spamming the board with this, just make one OT and update it.
giphy.gif

Matsuchezz

Yeah I love Alien franchise and this looks lackluster. Besides I would love the games to expand on the story of Prometheus and Alien Covenant and Ridley Scott to be involved in the story. That would be so cool. I mean a heavy story alien game.
I would love something like enter the matrix game that complement the story of the movies.
If another alien game was going to be released I would love a compilation of the first 3 movies.

Last edited:

Inviusx

Didn't look as good as I was expecting for one of these pre-rendered UE5 videos. Alien Isolation was amazing though and deserves a sequel.

Last edited:

Bodom78

I'm over these game X in Unreal 5 videos too... But I got to admit, loved this one as they really got a lot of the Alien vibe right.

anthony2690

Banned
EviLore EviLore please I beg you, ban these threads, same with twitter news thread and I'll buy gold again XD

Or atleast condense them into X game would look amazing in unreal 5 megathread.

(I'll even consider the prince Saudi Patreon tier, if you let me execute someone's GAF account) 😂😂

console warriors and twitter's news posters beware!

Last edited:

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy
User literally just posts, what aggro.

A dedicated would be nice tho, similar to Bullet Club ones.

Kuranghi

I imagine IbizaPocholo IbizaPocholo having set a bot to post these threads automatically at a certain time and people come in and complain about it or whatever and he's just relaxing on a beach on Ibiza drinking a cocktail in the twilight, a fat British woman passed out drunk and face down on the sand next to his deckchair snoring like a chainsaw.

Last edited:
They basically used all kinds of offline rendering software to make this? Including a compositing and offline renderer.

So this isn’t even realtime? What’s the point of it then?

nemiroff

Gold Member
This is not a simulation of a game but a simulation of a movie, shaky cinematic cam and all.. I'm way burnt out on these "demos".

Last edited:

Apocryphon

Dude, just make your own UE5.0 thread and update that. This shit is getting tedious now.

Alien Isolation is altrady a gorgeous game and looks far closer to the look of the first two films than this Unreal showpiece. If you can't nail the atmosphere there's zero fucking point going any further.

Dogshit.

TLZ

Banned
Looks nice but I'm sick of that stupid music that's been whored to death in many Movie and Game trailers. It's so fake I feel nothing.

I imagine IbizaPocholo IbizaPocholo having set a bot to post these threads automatically at a certain time and people come in and complain about it or whatever and he's just relaxing on a beach on Ibiza drinking a cocktail in the twilight, a fat British woman passed out drunk and face down on the sand next to his deckchair snoring like a chainsaw.

In which case, carry on keeping on. I like our Kent Brockman. Keeps us informed.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
This doesnt look much better than Alien Isolation with SSRTGI.
Not every environment artist gets to be an environment artist, maybe leave some things to the "professionals" cuz this doesnt actually look that great considering how good the game looked at launch.

Top Bottom