• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Here comes a new challenger

UnNamed

Banned
Remember that infamous ARK Survival Evolved from Digital Foundry? Well, we have a good contender here on Switch. No wonder both games are based on UE4. I played some games that run like shit or have a vey low resolution on Switch, for example WRC8 on portable mode is widely know as blurry as fuck, but in reality it's not that bad, and when I said "not that bad", I mean 360p as the worst resolution.

But this is too much even for me. This is Xenon Racer on Switch, on Performance Mode, in Portable Mode. No, it's not resized, it's not heavily compressed . It's like this while you play (see HUD).
El-Lwx-QQUc-Ac-Gp0-X.jpg

Aggressive upscaling makes hard to find the resolution, but I assume it's lower than 240p, I would say 216p. In portable mode, the game struggle to run above 360p. Performance Mode is basically an unplayable joke, struggle to reach 25 frames and it's somewhat slower in this mode.
In docked mode it's slightly better, but around 480p max.

Graphics apart, it's an incredible game, the best Ridge Racer clone so far, if you have a Switch and a strong stomach.

Great Hair

Banned

watched some pc footage at 1080p60 .. barely looking better. also that lap announcer is stolen from ridge racer 1? sounds familiar.

Last edited:

Saber

Gold Member
When it comes to Switch, you can't criticize a bad work or a bad port of any kind. Because it sounds like "hating" rather than criticizing the quality of the work.

I can't imagine playing this if I can barelly see anything on it. Hows that even work OP?

Looks like a 3DS game.

I have a 3DS aaand...nope, thats not true.

The visual quality isn't much of deal? Totally.
But I can still see things on my screen. The picture the OP provide you can't see shit of how terrible it looks.

Top Bottom