• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Henry Cavill To Star in ‘Highlander reboot

GeekyDad

I hope this reboot is good because the first film is a classic!
It is...in memory. Watched it many times when it released and came to VHS many moons ago. Tried going back to it recently out of nostalgia.
Poop Diarrhea GIF

Yeah, it needs a remake.

Haven't seen the John Wick movie(s?), so I'm not sure what to expect. But I'm cautiously optimistic.

jason10mm

Gold Member
Be interesting what they keep. What is a critical element of "Highlander"? His origin as a Scottish highlander presumably, the concept of immortality the Quickening and beheading to pass it on, a mentor character to explain the wierd rules (will "shall not fight on holy ground" stick around?).

But what about that iconic white dragon headed katana? Kurgan as the bad guy? The quickening as depicted in the first (or any) previous film? The sterility, the sensing of a new immortal? There is a fair bit of room to play IMHO.

NickFire

Recipe for success here is:
1) Keep the soundtrack;
2) Plan out the sequels asap to avoid any weird disparities when they inevitably drop; and
3) Film them before the immortals visibly age.

Top Bottom