• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Help Needed: PC CD Projekt Red Games Intermittent Video

Velius

Banned
I've discovered that as of last night, on occasions, both Witcher 3 and Cyberpunk will have video blink in and out. It's not a flickering, the video goes out and stays out, and sometimes comes back in for a few seconds.

1) It seems random but it's much more frequent during actual gameplay than it is in say, the menus.
2) This is only happening with CD Projekt Red games. I've tried Resident Evil VIII, Doom Eternal and Octopath Traveller, and none of these games reproduce the phenomenon.
3) My latest experiment on the issue showed me that playing one of these games actually alleviated the issue. This means that once the issue started, exiting Witcher 3 and restarting it did not remedy the problem. But starting and exiting Doom Eternal for example did.
4) Restarting the computer fixes the issue. So if the issue occurs, if I start and exit Witcher 3 several times, the issue persists, but if I restart my computer and play, it's fine.
5) When the video cuts out, and then cuts back in after a few seconds, the monitor itself displays the message that video has connected, as if I have just plugged it in, or if the computer has just started.
6) Today, when I had booted Witcher 3 up, and it worked just fine, I exited and then went out to get some groceries. When I came back, after about an hour and a half maybe, when I started it up, the issue was there, even though I had not done anything or started any other programs between the times I initiated the game.

I would really like some assistance with this. yamaci17 yamaci17 I figured I'd make a thread dedicated to this issue.

kanjobazooie

Mouse Ball Fetishist
Do you use a gamepad? This may sound random, but I think I had similar problems to you in some game and I discovered that connecting and reconnecting my DS4 caused some of the issues for some reason.

yamaci17

i really have no clue as to why this happen, i truly am sorry that i cant help you

maybe try a different nvidia driver

i have a guess though

your monitor probably... tries to set itself to 24 hz? that could be a possibility. some games act weird and do that

try running both w3 and cyberpunk in borderless screen modes_?

Last edited:

Kenpachii

1) Disable freesync / gsync. see if it stays
2) lower hz of your screen to something like 60 hz see if it stays
3) could be your cable, if you got another cable for your monitor try that.
4) try another display after that if you have one
5) uninstall videocard drivers with DDU
6) install the latest stable version of it
7) remove overclocks entirely if you have that on any hardware.
8) update windows 10

See how that works out.

Sounds to me more like either your monitor is fucked / cable or u driver issue's that involve your gpu. unless gpu is bricked.

Last edited:

Velius

Banned
Do you use a gamepad? This may sound random, but I think I had similar problems to you in some game and I discovered that connecting and reconnecting my DS4 caused some of the issues for some reason.
Yes, I use an XBox One controller for Witcher 3. What would you recommend?

kanjobazooie

Mouse Ball Fetishist
Yes, I use an XBox One controller for Witcher 3. What would you recommend?
I just gave up and used keyboard instead. Sorry. :/

Try to recreate the problem without connecting the controller just to make sure that it's the cause and not something else.

Velius

Banned
Guys I found out that whatever it is, it only happens when G Sync is on. If I disable G Sync, it never happens.

But then I don't have the ultra smoothness.

WAT DO

Top Bottom