• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Help me to choose my Next Nintendo Switch Game

And the next Nintendo Switch game is

• Zelda Links awakening

Votes: 26 30.2%
  • Astral chain

Votes: 28 32.6%
  • Daemon Ex machina

Votes: 4 4.7%
  • Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Votes: 18 20.9%
  • Octopath Traveller

Votes: 6 7.0%
  • Dead or alive Xtreme 3 scarlet

Votes: 8 9.3%
  • Bayonetta 2

Votes: 10 11.6%

• Total voters

-Arcadia-

Banned
We gotta know something about your taste! I assume these are all games you’re really interested in, though.

I’d go LA. That game is magnificent. There are a lot of great games on there, but I think that (and Bayo 2) stand tops.

Volleyball tits game if it’s as shallow as I think... just log into a search engine and look for what you want. : P

Shifty1897

You're in luck! These are all great games aside from Dead or Alive. Typically when I can't choose I'll go for the cheapest games first, which would probably be Bayonetta 2 and Octopath Traveler.

I also only recommend Xenoblade Chronicles 2 if you are only going to play it docked.

Shagger

Banned
How about something new, unlike anything you've played before on Switch or any other console/PC ever before

FMmwQXW.jpg

OK, to be serious, you can't go wrong with Beyonetta 2

zenspider

wow, the winner is Zelda Links awakening !!!

You know where i can buy the limited edition ?

Maybe keep the poll open a bit longer?

The game is very short and the technical hiccups are pretty jarring - usually two things I can overlook, but for the price?

I'm playing through both Link and Astral Chain now, and if I had to go back and pick one now, it'd be Astral with a bullet.

At least hold out for a possible performace patch.

GAF do the right thing here!

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
Maybe keep the poll open a bit longer?

The game is very short and the technical hiccups are pretty jarring - usually two things I can overlook, but for the price?

I'm playing through both Link and Astral Chain now, and if I had to go back and pick one now, it'd be Astral with a bullet.

At least hold out for a possible performace patch.

GAF do the right thing here!

Yeah!!!

I keep waiting more time xD

thanosg

Banned
Depends on what kind of game you like. If cartoony then Zelda. If more mature then Bayo 2.

Can't go wrong with either as both are awesome and high quality.

mcjmetroid

Wait for a sale on Bayonetta 2 not worth it full price otherwise I would said that
Same with Octopath.
Don't get me wrong really enjoyed both games but they've been out too long

I'd go with Astral Chain for something different.
I haven't played links awakening but it looks like what you see is what you get.

Astral Chain I'm only 2 hours in and it's surprising me already.

iconmaster

Banned
Have you played Link's Awakening on Game Boy?

If yes, then Link's Awakening might like seem a bit of a (beautiful) retread. I'd look at Astral Chain.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Surprised you haven't played Xenoblade Chronicles 2 yet, it's a really great game. Definitely my favorite Switch game. Easily in my top 10 games of all time.

Ibara

I loved Octopath Traveler but honestly I know it's not on the list but seeing as you have some RPGs on there why not Dragon Quest XI?

UltimaKilo

Gold Member
Do you like amazing story and music along with exploration? Xenoblade

Something a little more laid back, but fun and full of nostalgia and exploration? Link’s Awakening

Turn based, great artwork, amazing music and are OK with a very weak storyline? Octopath.

Astral Chain is a fun little game and great as a companion game.

Last edited:

-Arcadia-

Banned
Surprised you haven't played Xenoblade Chronicles 2 yet, it's a really great game. Definitely my favorite Switch game. Easily in my top 10 games of all time.

This. If you’re a fan of RPGs, it’s hands down the best of the generation. BOTW and Xenoblade are the best full games on Switch.

It’s awesome to see so much love for this somewhat overlooked game. I agree wholeheartedly. It really is that good.

However, it has a sky-high learning curve and extremely detailed level up systems, like all the Xenoblade games, which is something OP ought to be aware of. It’s doable, results in a blast of a game, and the game teaches you at a more reasonable pace than earlier games, but the fact remains.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Octopath is my favorite out of that list. If you have any nostalgia for the 16-bit era, it's worth looking into. I feel like they ripped it out of time. Bravely Default is like the "Final Fantasy NES modernized" and Octopath is like the "epic Super Nintendo JRPG modernized".

-Arcadia-

Banned
LA may be short (ten hours or so, judging by the pace I’m making?), but I love it that way.

It is the best gameplay experience I’ve had all year, and not dragging out things, and making every single moment a joy, probably has a lot to do with that.

I’ve also played the game a long time ago on GBC, and am still enjoying it so much. The visuals and the polish applied everywhere, make this game better than ever, and it started off absolutely fantastic.

UltimaKilo

Gold Member
It’s awesome to see so much love for this somewhat overlooked game. I agree wholeheartedly. It really is that good.

However, it has a sky-high learning curve and extremely detailed level up systems, like all the Xenoblade games, which is something OP ought to be aware of. It’s doable, results in a blast of a game, and the game teaches you at a more reasonable pace than earlier games, but the fact remains.

The music and story alone are worth the time it takes to learn the battle and upgrade systems. And some of those scenic view areas, wow... It’s incredible that Monolith was able to catch lightning in a bottle twice. The story makes it worthy of the Xeno moniker! :)

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
The music and story alone are worth the time it takes to learn the battle and upgrade systems. And some of those scenic view areas, wow... It’s incredible that Monolith was able to catch lightning in a bottle twice. The story makes it worthy of the Xeno moniker! :)
You guys are making me want to give it another shot. Stop, I don't have time to add another JRPG to the backlog D:

PocoJoe

Banned
Xenoblade.

Zelda is bit boring, controls sucks and it is basically just running back and forth the same area unlocking skills to open stuff.

Xenoblade on other hand, is a real game and good one

RealGassy

Banned
Xenoblade Chronicles 2.
10 out of 10 soundtrack. Easily best sountrack of any game on Switch, and it will probably stay that way.

It's a JRPG, so ummm... expect alot of... weird shit. And some annoying gameplay mechanics.

But if you disable random enemies running up to you, and change english dub to japanese, the game is quite enjoyable - with no grind.
Probably one of the best games on Switch. In terms of lenghtier story-driven single player experieces.

It's one of the few games on Switch with very high-production values.

Links awakening is a great game, but it's a short, so depending on your budget might not be worth getting, too expensive for what it is.

I'm waiting for a joycon repair kit, so I haven't played Astral Chain beyond chapter 2 IIRC.
Up to that point the game is pretty boring without showing any indication of it getting better. Perhaps just a slow start.

XC2 is just one tier above anything else on the list.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Astral Chain
Link's Awakening
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Those are your top 3 choices.

Bayonetta 2 is great if you find it discounted. I rated it 10/10 the year it came out for Wii U. Never got it for Switch.

Octopath Traveler is extremely enjoyable. I can't rank it above the other top 3, but I loved it personally.

Don't consider Daemon x Machina or Dead or Alive in comparison to some of the games you're missing. They're disqualified.

Last edited:
S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Could it be because Tora is the most based motherfucker ever?

Top Bottom