• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hello again.

Shelbutt

Hello everyone. Hope everyone's been well. I haven't been on in a long time, cause life is a bitch lmfao.
But being life, it moves on. I'd like to catch you guys up on what's been going on with me, and I'd like to hear what you guys have had going on with you.
So last you guys heard, my Bf's dad had cancer. Well, in March 2020 he passed. The hospital let him suffocate. Fun stuff.
I lost my job at the trucking company. Got a job at a gas station with some two faced hoes. Got another job at walmart. Got hurt at walmart and couldn't move for a month. Slooooowly got better. End of June I finally quit the gas station job, worked at Arby's for less than a month then went to Walmart again, different department. Now Walmart is going to pay for my college, and I'm going to Purdue Global, to get my bachelors in science in Information Technology (IT) with a focus of Programming and software development. I start next week, and I'm VERY excited.
In my off time I was streaming a bit on Twitch, but have since been on hiatus, and probably will be switching to Youtube unless twitch changes a whooooole list of things, which I highly doubt.
So that's what's been with me. How about you guys?

nush

Gold Member
GNdbNy1.jpg

Wunray

This year's been hell for me. Was out on furlough for and extended part of the year worked 2 and a half months of summer only to loose my father to covid and then for the company to send me back on furlough for the whole of September. But I believe things are looking up for me, I decided to take the free college offer my government is giving so I can get my bachelor's degree is information technology as well. About to get some new batteries for our solar system my father left our family, I mean my first car will be the one he left behind(whish this wasn't the case but I'm greatful). So yeah it's been hell but I imagine I'm not the only one going through it right now, so like other people have told me, be encouraged and stay strong.

Tschumi

Walmart paying for your college? That is fantastic news. I'm sorry to hear about the difficult times you've been through, I think you aughta make college work just to put a cap on the past and build something off it.

Sorry for the memes :messenger_grinning_sweat:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Hello everyone. Hope everyone's been well. I haven't been on in a long time, cause life is a bitch lmfao.
But being life, it moves on. I'd like to catch you guys up on what's been going on with me, and I'd like to hear what you guys have had going on with you.
So last you guys heard, my Bf's dad had cancer. Well, in March 2020 he passed. The hospital let him suffocate. Fun stuff.
I lost my job at the trucking company. Got a job at a gas station with some two faced hoes. Got another job at walmart. Got hurt at walmart and couldn't move for a month. Slooooowly got better. End of June I finally quit the gas station job, worked at Arby's for less than a month then went to Walmart again, different department. Now Walmart is going to pay for my college, and I'm going to Purdue Global, to get my bachelors in science in Information Technology (IT) with a focus of Programming and software development. I start next week, and I'm VERY excited.
In my off time I was streaming a bit on Twitch, but have since been on hiatus, and probably will be switching to Youtube unless twitch changes a whooooole list of things, which I highly doubt.
So that's what's been with me. How about you guys?
If Wally is going to pay for shit that' awesome. Only tip I can give you is even though they are paying for it, still scope out financial assistance department perks and see if there's any bursaries or grants you can apply to for free moolah. Schools have mandates to get rid of cash, so no harm applying. If they no, who cares.

If you're in IT, look for financial stuff more related to your program if there's any. No point applying grants for journalism students. Also look for applications for general help.

When I did grad school way back I got like $5000 back in free money from my university. All I did was apply.

To make it better, look for applications where you do zero work. Some of them force you to participate in doing case studies or some shit to make you worthy. Up to you. I just applied for the ones with zero obligations.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
I don’t think I remember you or know you.
But I’m sorry about your Loss.

also to change tone it’s awesome you are studying and having college paid for. I hope the end of this year and next year brings you the best it can.

poodaddy

Gold Member
Hope school pays off, and I'm sorry about your father in law. Worked at Wal Mart back in the day, god awful company but if you can handle it and they're paying for your college then good for you. Keep your head up, it always gets better.

I remember you! I liked you, and thought you were a good poster. Welcome back. Sorry to hear you've been through so much lately, but congrats on going back to school.

Top Bottom