• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Have we ranked the Zelda games recently?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yawnny

Way too many people all hung up on how OoT's graphics have aged.

I've gone back as recent as a week ago and played many hours of OoT. The game as a whole still feels great, the soundtrack is incredible, and the story is captivating.

Nostalgia does play a part on subsequent runs since the game has launched, but I'm certainly not one of these people that are so quick to give it the cold shoulder saying "times have changed, move on".. that's not what gaming is about to me.

I need a few years of distance before I can make a confident decision about my #1, which comes down to BotW and Wind Waker.

After that, there is a clear 3-5 group (in some order: LttP, Majora's Mask, Skyward Sword). The thing about ranking these games, though, is that they do such different things and their strengths are so wildly variable that even within the same series it feels like comparing apples and oranges. Practically every game has something it does best. OoT is my bottom 3D Zelda (I really do think everything in it has been surpassed, just not all in the same game or at the same time) and it's still a phenomenal experience by any standard, with or without the consideration that even if didn't do everything best, it did so much of it first that it's remarkable how much it got right on the first try.

BasilZero

From what I played

1. Breath of the Wild
2. Twilight Princess
3. Ocarina of Time
4. Link To the Past
5. Link's Awakening
6. Skyward Sword
7. Link Between Worlds
8. Oracle of Seasons
9. Oracle of Ages

Havent really played any of the rest but will in the future :)

Breath of the wild broke all expectations and I was heavily satisfied with the game despite it being my 2nd longest played Zelda game (75 hours) compared to Skyward Sword (85 hours).

DoubleYou

Top 5:
1. Links Awakening
2. Breath of the Wild
3. The Windwaker
4. A Link Between Worlds
5. Twilight Princess

I didn't play Ocarina until later. While it's still an amazing game, it didn't have that wow factor many of you experienced.

A Link To The Past should be on this list too. But there's no place left. :(

eXistor

Ocarina
Link's Awakening
Majora's Mask
Link to the Past
Breath of the Wild
Link Between Worlds
Skyward Sword
Wind Waker
Adventure of Link
Legend of Zelda
Twilight Princess
Oracle of Seasons
Oracle of Ages
Minish Cap

And at the absolute bottom and the only ones I don't consider worthy Zelda's:

Spirit Tracks
Phantom Hourglass

I didn't count spin-offs like Hyrule Warriors, Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland (which is great btw), FSA or Triforce Heroes.

There are many I haven't played but:

1. Breath of the Wild
2. Ocarina Of Time
3. Wind Waker
4. Majora's Mask
5. Link Between Worlds
6. Skyward Sword
7. Link to the Past
8. Twilight Princess
9. Minish Cap

I have Zelda 1 and 2 on 3DS via ambassador program way back when but might wait until NES classic before I actually get around to playing them. Will probably get Link's Awakening DX on 3DS as well as a friend and I plan on playing Oracle of Ages/Seasons together.

Don't really have any intention of playing Phantom Hourglass or Spirit Tracks.

EhoaVash

#1 Twilight princess ( played and beat this game 4 times, easily my favorite. Love the dungeons

#2 Skyward sword, it took TP's dungeon formula and expanded it also best story/ characters in any Zelda game

#3 Botw really good first 80 hours of just exploring but the dungeon/ story telling took a major nose dive though :/

#4 A link between world's again really clever dungeons enjoyed it

#5 Wind waker cute style but awful awful dungeon designs

#6 Oot I played this really late so it didn't really have an impact on me. I appreciate it though

Haven't played the rest, Zelda 1,2 too hard

Wagram

Out of what i've played:

1.) Skyward Sword
2.) Wind Waker
3.) Twilight Princess
4.) Breath of the Wild
5.) Phantom Hourglass
6.) Ocarina of Time

Let the triggering commence.

It changes all the time but right now for console titles its:

1. Link to the Past
2. Ocarina of Time
3. Skyward Sword
4. Wind Waker
5. Majora’s Mask
6. Breath of the Wild
7. Zelda 1
8. Twilight Princess
9. Zelda 2

Breath of the Wild
Ocarina of Time
Link to the Past
Twilight Princess
Wind Waker
Minish Cap
Link's Awakening
Oracle Ages/Seaons
Skyward Sword
Zelda 1
Majora's Mask
Zelda 2

Link to the past
Link between worlds
Ocarina
Majora
Twilight
Hyrule warriors
Botw
Links awakening
Zelda 1
Zelda 2

Wind waker (only last due to not finishing it yet)

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
I can't handle all these well reasoned and interesting list posts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom