• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Has the Xbox Series S reveal changed your next gen purchase plans?

Did todays XSS reveal change your next gen console purchase plans?

• Yes, it will be my main console now, who spends more than 299.00 during a pandemic???

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Xbox Series X, because size does matter (and 499 is a great price)

• Nintendo Mario BROS 4 LIFE

• PC MASTER RACE CONSOLES SUCCKKKKKK

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mod edit: dupe thread from yesterday

As a PC gamer, I was considering a PS5 but I hate its bloated design and I dont really care enough about Spiderman or Ratchet to pay 600+. As far as Xbox, I couldnt warrant spending $500+ on a series X since I can play most of its library on PC, which is in my living room. With the reveal of the XSS today, my plans have changed. PC and Xbox now have a good reason to coexist.

At $299 the Series S is an outstanding value for a secondary system, in my case a bedroom console. The size is very small which makes it fit easily in my space, unlike the alienship that is the PS5, and my tv is 10ft away from my head so 4k isnt really needed. Im all digital already, because who feels like getting up to change games in 2020?? With the Series S able to stream 4k content, play up to 2k 120fps, 3 gens of BC, Im going to sell my Nvidia Shield TV PRO and swap it for XSS. I currently pay for a PC game pass, but with Ultimate for $10 more a month, Ill get PC games pass, console gamepass, xcloud, and online gaming covered, Microsoft makes it easy and affordable to get set up and gaming in no time. Imagine buying a PS5 and 4 games, we dont know the system price but my guess is that bundle would cost nearly $800, versus $350 for XSS and 100+ games on launch.

So for me, an XSS for the bedroom, and a 3070 for my PC when that releases. 4k does matter to me, but Ill be doing that on PC and the XSS is too good of value to pass up. The only thing that can change my plan is if PS5 releases for 299 with a new service like gamepass, which it wont.

What about you?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom