• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Has anyone seen VelocityGirl?

aoi tsuki

Just curious... no Xbox or Xbox 360 to try this out on, just wondering if someone here ran across someone with that username.

I bet shes now a dude

a big hair dude

a big swetty dude

a big scary dude

with a bald patch

that wears only a vest

and undies

while ROCKING ON XBOX LIVE

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Ha!!!!!

what the hell is a "VelocityGirl"? I've seen the name in many xbox threads. Is it a gamer, or maybe a marketing ploy? I could never figure out which so someone imform me, please.

cicero

bune duggy said:
what the hell is a "VelocityGirl"? I've seen the name in many xbox threads. Is it a gamer, or maybe a marketing ploy? I could never figure out which so someone imform me, please.
http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/exec/rbach/05-16-05E3.mspx

She was a supposed "grrl" gamer that was used by Microsoft's J Allard to hype the Xbox 360 during Microsoft's keynote at the 2005 E3. That is a direct transcript, was quite easy to find using google. :p

Let's talk about VelocityGirl. We all know someone like her. She might pick up a controller every once in a while over at a friend's house but really gaming is not a central part of her existence.

It's an important question that we've struggled with in this industry for the last 20 years; how do we get the VelocityGirls of the world reconnected to our industry and back into the games.

With Xbox 360 we have an answer. She's going to rejoin us because we're delivering a fresh set of services designed to nurture community and to broaden game play. To expand the market, we're going to deliver more casual game experiences on-demand through the Xbox Live Arcade. Whether retro, puzzle or just plain-old time killing games like solitaire, we're going to have an amazing assortment of games available.

So whether you want to stare down your brother on a Texas Hold 'em match or gang up with 3 buddies from college and play a little Gauntlet, Live Arcade is just going to be a press away.

We've got something else in mind. We call it the Xbox Live Marketplace. The Marketplace is going to introduce gamers to the entertainment through trailers and demos that are going to drive them to the store to pick up the latest titles. It's going to deepen the gamer engagement with games that they already play and already love with episodic content. They'll see new maps, new levels, new weapons, new cars and much, much more.

But maybe most exciting, the Marketplace is going to be a way to get VelocityGirl reengaged with our market and reengaged with games. Because on the Marketplace, she's going to be an active member of the community, the community of people that play games like Tony Hawk.

Now, she might never pick up a controller, never take a run in the halfpipe but she'll be able to design and sell stickers, shirts, boards, sound tracks and even design her own skate park for those hardcore gamers like Striker.

We're also going to provide VelocityGirl with great experiences around the games, experiences that extend the very idea of entertainment, like the ability to watch favorite bands perform on Xbox Live or premiere a new song.

We'll also transform the way that she communicates. Last generation, we led the way with voice chat over Xbox Live. This generation, we're going to break new ground again, this time with video chat that's going to let people see and hear each other at the same time, whether they're playing games, sharing music or watching photos.

Velocity Girl is going to love Xbox 360.

Do you feel the bile, and the laughter, rising in your throat?

Keyser Soze said:
I bet shes now a dude

a big hair dude

a big swetty dude

a big scary dude

with a bald patch

that wears only a vest

and undies

while ROCKING ON XBOX LIVE

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Ha!!!!!

And is racist.

aoi tsuki said:
Just curious... no Xbox or Xbox 360 to try this out on, just wondering if someone here ran across someone with that username.

image.php

Top Bottom