• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Drama Hariseldon’s World | Visits to this thread may adversely affect your faith in humanity

Ornlu

Oct 31, 2018

Not black enough, not the right kind of minority, blackface.

It's a shame, Saldana is a hotty
She's been on the woke train for a long time; no sympathy.

Live by the sword, die by the sword.

BBC: Bringing you 2017's news .. TODAY!

The China = Nazi Germany comparison becoming more and more real.

#Phonepunk#

Sep 4, 2018
Last edited:

MetalAlien

Mar 6, 2005
Network is definitely a must watch. We should come up with a movie list to watch.

I haven't had coffee yet, but will add A Clockwork Orange to the list. Invasion of the Body Snatchers. Manchurian Candidate. The original Red Dawn.

Oh shit... someone told me to watch a movie a couple months ago, and i researched where to stream it, and now can't remember the name. Hrm. If you are here, remind me!
Network
Demolition Man (Biden the movie)
Conan The Barbarian (Thulsa Doom snake cult)
Omega Man
Soylent Green
Return of the Living Dead (zombies that want to eat your brains)
Prince of Darkness
They Live
The Arrival
Robocop

autoduelist

Gold Member
Aug 30, 2014
Network
Demolition Man (Biden the movie)
Conan The Barbarian (Thulsa Doom snake cult)
Omega Man
Soylent Green
Return of the Living Dead (zombies that want to eat your brains)
Prince of Darkness
They Live
The Arrival
Robocop
How the fuck did i miss They Live?

Might as well add Escape from New York and The Thing.

If anyone likes old war movies, check out Sgt. York. I haven't seen it in a very, very long time but it stays with me.

And I recently rewatched The Outlaw Josey Wales, which is one of my favorite films. Civil war era, and it touches on politics intelligently, stepping into hard topics and not shying away. Plus Clint Eastwood is a badass.

Oh. Dirty Harry franchise. Death Wish.

I guess we are off topic now.

Last edited:

Schrödinger's cat

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2011
Indoctrination.

It is ABSOLUTELY enough to simply not be racist. It's also incredibly easy.
How do I know?
If everyone on the planet decides to not be racist then racism vanishes.
The only way it survives is by people keeping it alive.

Some of those people are racists.
Some of those people are reliant on the presence of racism in order for their victim-status or social grift to persist.

One of these attitudes is borne of ignorance and fear.
One of these attitudes is borne of greed, malice and corruption.

:unsure:

Last edited:

Ornlu

Oct 31, 2018
So is Arthur supposed to be Hispanic then? Going by anthromorphic fur color rules laid down by the show, that would be the logical leap! :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Reactions: NeoIkaruGAF

autoduelist

Gold Member
Aug 30, 2014

The Economist reports that the group of cop-hating-anarcho-communists who call themselves “The Boogaloo Boys,” a name inspired by an old movie, use Hawaiian shirts as part of their uniform to further their diabolical plots, whatever those are. Since they are mostly white, like antifa and Black Lives Matter rioters in Portland, the woke mob has determined that it makes them “white nationalists” and therefore turns Hawaiian shirts into the uniform of white nationalists.
The Hawaiian shirt reflects the diabolical sense of humor at the root of the boogaloo community. “Hawaiian luaus feature a pig roast, which is a slur for the police. So [the shirt is] also a way of evoking or suggesting violence in the coming civil war against the police”…

The boogaloo community’s Hawaiian-shirt dress code crystallized in a more organic, bottom-up way, emerging via a tangled web of internet humor and memes. Within fringe groups, this circuitous pathway from a meme to something more real is “a new phenomenon” said Ms. Miller-Idriss. As an earlier example of a meme that was elevated into alt-right iconography, she points to Pepe the Frog, a cartoon that in recent years was appropriated by racist and anti-Semitic groups and subsequently plastered on T-shirts, stickers and flags

So i dont understand, are they alt right or far left? Weren't they marching with antifa recently? Do they exist?

I still feel like they are a catchall so any antifa who gets caught can say they are boogaloo far right. But who the fuck knows.

Breakage

Mar 3, 2014

You swine! German nudist chases wild boar that stole laptop
Photographer who captured moment naked bather gave pursuit says he ‘gave it his all’

A nudist bather who chased a wild boar near a Berlin lake after it stole his laptop was applauded by onlookers after a successful pursuit.
The photographer who captured the drama said the unidentified nudist was happy for him to share the images, which show him in bare-bottomed pursuit of the boar and her two piglets while fellow bathers look on in amusement.

“Nature strikes back,” wrote Adele Landauer, a personal coach, on Facebook. “I showed the man the photos, he laughed heartily and gave me permission to make them public.”

The man was sunbathing naked at the Teufelssee in west Berlin, a popular and perfectly legal practice in the German capital as part of what is known as FKK, or Freikörperkultur (free body culture).

The wild boar, sightings of which have become increasingly common, had apparently spotted a pizza being eaten by other bathers. It seized a yellow bag containing the man’s laptop, probably believing it to contain food, and was chased by the man into the undergrowth.

“Because the bag contained his laptop, he gave it his all, even though he was in his birthday suit,” explained Landauer.

The boar’s flight was slowed by a cardboard box in its path. The man clapped his hands and hit the ground with the stick, prompting the boar to drop the laptop.

Another witness said: “When he returned from the forest, everyone applauded him.”

Derek Ehlert, Berlin’s ombudsman for wild animals, told local media that such incidents had become increasingly common, and that foxes had also become regular visitors to Berlin’s lakeside resorts.

“We urge people not to panic in such a case,” he said. “We have so far had no injuries – the animals are quite used to humans.”

Boswollocks

Apr 19, 2019
Mars
Indoctrination.

It is ABSOLUTELY enough to simply not be racist. It's also incredibly easy.
How do I know?
If everyone on the planet decides to not be racist then racism vanishes.
The only way it survives is by people keeping it alive.

Some of those people are racists.
Some of those people are reliant on the presence of racism in order for their victim-status or social grift to persist.

One of these attitudes is borne of ignorance and fear.
One of these attitudes is borne of greed, malice and corruption.

:unsure:
Racist is the new terrorist, just as terrorist was the new communist.

Words chanted to single out people in order to circumvent the justice system.

The problem is now though, we're no longer punishing foreign nationals; Russians and middle easterners, we are now picking on our own kind.

I'm sure things will turn out fine...

crumbs

Jun 7, 2004
I love these crazies who will get in someone's face just to tell that they should social distancing. I don't live in California, so I've been fortunate enough to not encounter a COVID loonie.

#Phonepunk#

Sep 4, 2018

Lake Worth, Florida city council.

I swear to fuck these crazy people are going to get me to start believing in god and going to church. Wtf is going on?
It’s what literally happened to me. The lie of moral relativism seems more and more silly every day. It only proves to me that the the existence of good and evil is real objective truth.

• Strength
Reactions: Bombchelle

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Apr 18, 2018
USA
dunpachi.com

Lake Worth, Florida city council.

I swear to fuck these crazy people are going to get me to start believing in god and going to church. Wtf is going on?
Well now you know why atheists are taught the line "it's not a belief system".

Can't run aground of separation of church and state if you're a part of a non-religion with no beliefs.