• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Drama Hariseldon’s World | Visits to this thread may adversely affect your faith in humanity

Nymphae

Jun 3, 2013
Canada
I think she's an indie rapper named Chika:

Looks as if they are pushing back against those traditional white western beauty standards.
No the one I posted is literally their new trans model, Jari Jones

Nymphae

Jun 3, 2013
Canada
I (unknowingly) posted a comment in r/kotakuinaction2 over on reddit, which tbh I didn't even know existed (just followed a link) and not a minute later I got an automated ban message from a different subreddit. They have a freaking ban bot watching a different subreddit to preemptively ban people lol. That's some next level wrongthink policing.
Check out the .win version reddit fucking blows

Last edited:

crumbs

Jun 7, 2004
Clickbait headline:
Prominent LGBTQ Native American Anthropologist and Professor who died of covid-19 turns out to have never existed, created by award winning #metoo activist BethAnn McLaughlin

Deets:

Stunning and brave.
This story is a perfect example of how fake twitter interactions can be.

How can Jacqueline Gill not die from embarrassment over these tweets?

Nymphae

Jun 3, 2013
Canada

This was sparked by a campaign called Stop Hate for Profit set up by several US civil rights groups in the wake of George Floyd’s killing. The group accuses Facebook of “profiteering from hate and misinformation” and has branded their policy on hate speech “vexing.” Now, as the month-long July boycott is due to end, some of Facebook’s own employees have urged companies to keep the pressure on their employer. Yes, Facebook's own employees want the company to make less money to make themselves feel better.
But they don't seem to have much of a problem earning this dirty money. Quit your jobs hypocrites.

#Phonepunk#

Sep 4, 2018

Looks as if they are pushing back against those traditional white western beauty standards.
moral relativism destroys standards and destroys beauty. since there are many different cultures and they are ALL 👏EQUALLY 👏VALID👏 that means that the very concept of something being attractive vs unattractive is itself offensive. the death of beauty

Last edited:

Ornlu

Oct 31, 2018
Czech republic, here is pretty much different. We are not into PC culture (that much). Also no high sugary soft drinks in basic schools.

I will help you with one picture, if you are not sure which country I am talking about:
Isn't your country like Germany's version of Mexico? Any time our German business partners send someone over, when we're out at dinner somehow the Germans find a way to talk mad shit about the country. Genuinely curious.

Boswollocks

Apr 19, 2019
Mars

Is that a 1:1 scale picture? I bet her arse crack hasn't seen sun for so long that it's turned white

crumbs

Jun 7, 2004
Isn't your country like Germany's version of Mexico? Any time our German business partners send someone over, when we're out at dinner somehow the Germans find a way to talk mad shit about the country. Genuinely curious.
Mexico is teetering on the edge of being a barely functioning narco-state. I would assume that the Czech Republic is probably in a lot better shape. Plus the Germans I know talk shit about everyone.

Nymphae

Jun 3, 2013
Canada

Her killers were Pan Africanist Student Organisation members returning from a political meeting. It was the time of “one settler, one bullet” and the blonde, white woman driving two colleagues home was a symbolic target.
After a long conversation, I still find it hard to understand her decision to befriend her daughter’s killers.

“We had a choice. We didn’t have to come and learn about this place. But we knew Amy. We know what legacy she wanted to leave: one of peace, restorative justice and harmony. She would not have been happy if we had become bitter, ugly, unhappy people. That would have been a huge disappointment to her.”

Stilton Disco

Aug 22, 2014
England
Tbh I thought if it was cancelled it would be for the boys have a penis girls have a vagina scene.
Isn't there also a boy that plays with dolls, but they reassure his mother that he's just doing it as a way to look up girls skirts, like an adorable little sleeze monger?

At least I hope I'm remembering that correctly!

I should really rematch that movie.

Because I remember enjoying it, not for the thing I just wrote about, obviously.

Last edited:

crumbs

Jun 7, 2004
Tbh I thought if it was cancelled it would be for the boys have a penis girls have a vagina scene.
That would have been the reason for cancellation up until May 31, 2020, but starting on June 1st, it needs to be cancelled because ACAB. Not sure how long that will be the reason, but the next pretext will be due to "othering" and "triggering" people with tumors.

autoduelist

Gold Member
Aug 30, 2014
"I believe god created life and the universe, and I also believe I will never be able to understand how. How it happened is literally irrelevant to me"
I know you are trying to show how similar the two statements are, but I don't think you realize how fundamentally different they are.

'I do not know who, what, or how breakfast ended up on the table'
Is fundamentally different from the statement
'I have utter faith mom went to the store, cooked breakfast, and put it on the table'.

Just because the first statement still requires a breakfast to be made does not mean the statements are logically or functionally similar.

Reactions: Sign

autoduelist

Gold Member
Aug 30, 2014
Probably was. It's not like activists have integrity or honesty. Why bring their real issue into the spotlight when they can scapegoat?

Nymphae

Jun 3, 2013
Canada
'I do not know who, what, or how breakfast ended up on the table'
Is fundamentally different from the statement
'I have utter faith mom went to the store, cooked breakfast, and put it on the table'.
You literally believe the breakfast created itself while providing no clear mechanism for how. And believe this has happened multiple times in other places, based on even less evidence.

I do think it should be within our modern capabilities to demonstrate how an electrical/checmical process that supposedly took place billions of years ago by itself can work, if not actually recreate it.

autoduelist

Gold Member
Aug 30, 2014
You literally believe the breakfast created itself while providing no clear mechanism for how. And believe this has happened multiple times in other places, based on even less evidence.

I do think it should be within our modern capabilities to demonstrate how an electrical/checmical process that supposedly took place billions of years ago by itself can work, if not actually recreate it.
Multiple people are telling you that you misunderstand the atheist position, and have tried to explain it to you. I do not know how to move forward in the conversation.

Your first sentence is incorrect, and you have been told this in several different ways at this point.

Nymphae

Jun 3, 2013
Canada
Multiple people are telling you that you misunderstand the atheist position, and have tried to explain it to you. I do not know how to move forward in the conversation.

Your first sentence is incorrect, and you have been told this in several different ways at this point.
I get it, the meme hits a nerve lol

I think it's a pretty clear statement of fact that atheists have a firm belief in a process that has never been even remotely explained or demonstrated, one that quite honestly should be pretty easy for modern technology to replicate, imo.

Breakage

Mar 3, 2014
moral relativism destroys standards and destroys beauty. since there are many different cultures and they are ALL 👏EQUALLY 👏VALID👏 that means that the very concept of something being attractive vs unattractive is itself offensive. the death of beauty
Yup. The rise of non-judgmentalism in the West has a role in this too. Notice how people increasingly pride themselves on the fact that they don't judge.

Reactions: #Phonepunk#

dionysus

Yaldog
May 12, 2007
Texaa

I think it's a pretty clear statement of fact that atheists have a firm belief in a process that has never been even remotely explained or demonstrated, one that quite honestly should be pretty easy for modern technology to replicate, imo.
I am not an athiest but I am going to discuss your argument. An infinite amount of monkeys will eventually type out War and Peace just by random chance. You can't replicate that in a lab in the real world because you would need 10^1,000,000,000,000.... monkeys to do it. Arguing we should be able to create life in a lab is the exact same thing. The universe had billions of years, 100 to 200 billion galaxies, 100 billion stars in each of those galaxies, billions of planets in each galaxy to "randomly" create life. The scale is literally unfathomable, so even things with 1/10^1,000,000,000,000% chance of happening will happen many many times. You can't recreate that in a lab. Everything we can observe in the 500 years we have been able to observe in the universe compared to everything there was to observe since the big bang, is like a grain of sand compared to, well, the entire universe.

Last edited:

autoduelist

Gold Member
Aug 30, 2014

I don't even know what meme you are talking about. I read your post and disagreed with your assessment of what atheism is. You clearly still don't understand.

I do not have a 'pretty firm belief in a process' that you keep claiming I do. That you keep insisting I do is proof positive you do not understand the difference in opinion. If anything, I have an utter lack in the belief anyone knows what started life. My position is firmly entrenched in a overt admission of 'lack of knowledge ', which is nothing like the declaration of knowledge found in many religions. It could have been a ghost in a metauniverse farting for all I care. Or a 5 eyed god.

autoduelist

Gold Member
Aug 30, 2014
So I had to check out this Twitter account. And I also see this:

I‘m 99% sure it is a parody account. I mean it has to be, doesn’t it?
Looks like it.

Though there are people who think we are being moved to a bug based diet.

Nymphae

Jun 3, 2013
Canada
I'll stop with this one I promise.

An infinite amount of monkeys will eventually type out War and Peace just by random chance. You can't replicate that in a lab in the real world because you would need 10^1,000,000,000,000.... monkeys to do it. Arguing we should be able to create life in a lab is the exact same thing.
Sure Jan. Look I just asked if any progress has been made on the question of how life originated from nothing. No one even addressed this really, it's interesting to me how much atheists actually don't care about this, imo, rather important part of their world view, because of a confidence that there are explanations for everything. I haven't researched the matter personally (other than to skim the wikipedia entry on abiogenesis which basically confirmed what I already knew about it - widely accepted but unexplained and poorly understood) which is why I asked the question, but I've never heard about any progress made, although my entire life I've heard the sort of hand wavey abiogenesis theory where they're like "yeah, of course it just sort of birthed itself from the raw material on Earth at the time." It almost seems to offend people to even ask if there are experiments that can produce the effect of transitioning inanimate matter to animate lifeforms from base elements available at the time. It really should not be that hard to come up with a plausible mechanism if it indeed occurs as frequently as people believe, by itself, from raw materials and forces we understand. To me the vibe is people actually don't even care about this question because they simply are confident that there has to be a natural way to produce lifeforms from nothing.

I don't even know what meme you are talking about. I read your post and disagreed with your assessment of what atheism is. You clearly still don't understand.
Top of the last page

I'm not really trying to argue about what atheists are here, perhaps I misspoke at some point but what I'm interested in is progress made on the question of how life can spontaneously arise from primordial elements, and I find the meme to be making an apt point (responses ITT are 4th panel, and still no explanations provided or link to anything about this sort of research). I was a non card carrying atheist for about 30 years of my life, your average r/atheist for many of them, have read several of the atheist bibles, I understand the position from the average layman's point of view well enough my man. So many people out there, perhaps not you, are absolutely confident that there can be no supernatural forces acting on nature and therefore there has to be a mechanism which created life on Earth, and many other planets, from inanimate matter, without any intervention from intelligent beings.

Last edited:

Mihos

Gold Member
May 10, 2009
steamcommunity.com
I'll stop with this one I promise.

Sure Jan. Look I just asked if any progress has been made on the question of how life originated from nothing. No one even addressed this really, it's interesting to me how much atheists actually don't care about this, imo, rather important part of their world view, because of a confidence that there are explanations for everything. I haven't researched the matter personally (other than to skim the wikipedia entry on abiogenesis which basically confirmed what I already knew about it - widely accepted but unexplained and poorly understood) which is why I asked the question, but I've never heard about any progress made, although my entire life I've heard the sort of hand wavey abiogenesis theory where they're like "yeah, of course it just sort of birthed itself from the raw material on Earth at the time." It almost seems to offend people to even ask if there are experiments that can produce the effect of transitioning inanimate matter to animate lifeforms from base elements available at the time. It really should not be that hard to come up with a plausible mechanism if it indeed occurs as frequently as people believe, by itself, from raw materials and forces we understand. To me the vibe is people actually don't even care about this question because they simply are confident that there has to be a natural way to produce lifeforms from nothing.

Top of the last page

I'm not really trying to argue about what atheists are here, perhaps I misspoke at some point but what I'm interested in is progress made on the question of how life can spontaneously arise from primordial elements, and I find the meme to be making an apt point (responses ITT are 4th panel, and still no explanations provided or link to anything about this sort of research). I was a non card carrying atheist for about 30 years of my life, your average r/atheist for many of them, have read several of the atheist bibles, I understand the position from the average layman's point of view well enough my man. So many people out there, perhaps not you, are absolutely confident that there can be no supernatural forces acting on nature and therefore there has to be a mechanism which created life on Earth, and many other planets, from inanimate matter, without any intervention from intelligent beings.
Why do you need us to link you to origin of life research? I mean here you go I guess... there are entire fields making progress on it.

#Phonepunk#

Sep 4, 2018
Haha so long you antifa fuckhead

Following Kweli’s alleged harassment, Jezebel reports that “photos of Moody’s parents and identifying information was leaked by trolls, various Twitter accounts publicized her stepmother’s salary, and she received death threats and threats of sexual abuse from defenders of Kweli’s.”

Kweli and Moody’s interaction began on July 9, when Moody tweeted about Black rappers marrying light-skinned women. In response, Kweli began tweeting at her constantly, suggesting that he wouldn’t stop unless she apologized or deleted her account. His response continued on Instagram, where he shared Moody’s posts and discussed her comments in an hour-long Instagram Live video on July 21.

On July 23, Kweli announced that he had “left Twitter for the greener pastures of Patreon.” In a statement to Jezebel, he wrote, “I’ve never cyber harassed anyone in my life. I responded, on Twitter, to the lies that Maya posted about me. When you respond to someone who posts lies about you, that is not harassment.”

This guy is a giant pain in the ass. Years ago he coordinated with antifa to cancel an entire tour for a friend of mine who was in a metal band because Celtic runes apparently make you a nazi. They also tried to dox them.

Now he’s suspended for acting like a lunatic on Twitter. Feels good.

Last edited:

raduque

Mar 29, 2017
Haha so long you antifa fuckhead

This guy is a giant pain in the ass. Years ago he coordinated with antifa to cancel an entire tour for a friend of mine who was in a metal band because Celtic runes apparently make you a nazi. They also tried to dox them.

Now he’s suspended for acting like a lunatic on Twitter. Feels good.
With Patreon hopefully being destroyed by the arbitration lawsuits, he'll lose that income stream as well.

• LOL
Reactions: #Phonepunk#

Schrödinger's cat

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2011
Last edited:

hariseldon

Gold Member
Aug 22, 2018

So the 'protesters' interfered with evidence making police investigation impossible. Genius. I suspect the police might have been quite ok with that.

Aug 28, 2019
some of these people he lists have been in jail for years, some have died in jail... Not in the 'last 24 hours'
He says that, he wanted to add them in because he assumed most people hadn't seen this info before, and honestly he's right. The thing that happened in the last 24 hours was the unsealing of Maxwell, he wasn't trying to mislead.

Last edited:

Boswollocks

Apr 19, 2019
Mars
@religious peeps talking about God.

The universe is infinite, which means there is and is not a God. Both things exist at the same time Quantum theory sorts it all out.

nkarafo

Nov 30, 2012

Have atheists made any progress on this question at all? You always hear that atheists don't blindly believe things without hard scientific proof or a good reason, but having no demonstrable mechanism for spontaneous life creation doesn't seem to be a problem for them. "It has to be true" sort of seems like blind belief to me.
Being an atheist doesn't mean you have answers for everything. For instance, life, existence, the universe, how time/space/matter started, etc, are all still great mysteries. We don't know the answers yet. But we live in the universe and we do know these things exist so we can't just deny them for the lack of a logical answer. There is nothing wrong with not knowing something, eventually we might get answers to all these but until then, we don't need fairy tales just so we can have something for an answer.

Christians/theists think they know everything. They solve all mysteries with "god did it". An all powerful being that always existed and created himself. Which makes no sense as well but "human logic doesn't work to explain him" thus we don't need to explain him, blah, blah.

No thanks. There is nothing that indicates god exists and we don't have to prove it as much as we don't have to prove invisible ghosts of unicorns don't exist as well.

Last edited:

Schrödinger's cat

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2011

A woman has accused American Airlines of racism after being kicked off a flight for wearing an “offensive” face mask.
Arlinda Johns, a South Florida activist better known locally as Trey, was due to fly from Charlotte to Illinois when she was reprimanded for wearing a mask saying “F*** 12”, slang for “F*** the police”.
“I think I got taken off the plane because I’m black,” Ms Johns told Florida’s Local 10 news station.
The carrier claims that, although Ms Johns was offered an alternative face covering and initially complied by wearing it, she “later continued to display the inappropriate language. After arriving at the gate, the passenger was asked to deplane.”

American Airlines says “offensive clothing”, such as clothing with swear words on, is not permitted under its conditions of carriage.

• LOL
Reactions: MetalAlien