• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hardest Final Fantasy Platinum Trophy?

Hardest Final Fantasy Platinum Trophy?

• Final Fantasy 8

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Final Fantasy XII

• Final Fantasy XIII-2

• Final Fantasy Lightning Returns

• Final Fantasy XV

• Total voters

Skelterz

Wanted to see where everybody’s opinion lies mines probably either 9 or 14, I’ve given everybody 2 votes so they can go there 1st and 2nd or double down on that nasty platinum they think is brutal.

Last edited:

Beer Baelly

Al Pachinko, Konami President
Bill Hader Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

bigedole

It has to be FF9. Majority of people will not have access to programmable controllers and what not that the 99% of us who are plebians need to get the jump rope trophy. Lightning strikes and chocobo racing in FFX do not compare.

It has to be FF9. Majority of people will not have access to programmable controllers and what not that the 99% of us who are plebians need to get the jump rope trophy. Lightning strikes and chocobo racing in FFX do not compare.
I never finished the Lightning Strikes mini game and the Chocobo Racing mini game in FFX. Those mini games were TOUGH

graywolf323

Gold Member
I'm not sure any of them are exactly easy? I have no idea how you would legitimately get that stupid jump rope trophy in IX though...

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
FF X because the side quests are dogshit.

EDIT: VIII is by FAR the easiest. I got VIII, XIII, XIII-2 and XV.

Last edited:
FF X because the side quests are dogshit.

EDIT: VIII is by FAR the easiest. I got VIII, XIII, XIII-2 and XV.
Yeah, I got X, but those mini-games almost kill the entire game.

I don't blame the trophy creators on that one though, as those minigames are required for ultimate weapons. Those are just a flaw in FFX as a whole, IMO.

Skelterz

Total platinums? 200 (yes, exactly)

How bad was that jump rope one? I didn't even play IX on PS after reading it, and instead played it again on Switch.
That’s a lot mate I’m close to getting 14’s but there’s a trophy that takes months in real time it’s painstaking.

I have them all except 14. Never played it.

I don't really think they are particularly hard. Grindy and time consuming yes.

I would say thunder plains is harder than jump rope due to lack of pace.

Skelterz

I have them all except 14. Never played it.

I don't really think they are particularly hard. Grindy and time consuming yes.

I would say thunder plains is harder than jump rope due to lack of pace.
There’s an area of the map in the thunder plains where you can control the lightning strikes essentially running into a specific spot makes a strike happen rinse and repeat.

There’s an area of the map in the thunder plains where you can control the lightning strikes essentially running into a specific spot makes a strike happen rinse and repeat.

I know, I think it's the second area first pillar. It was still confusing for me. The jump rope I almost did it with closed eyes.

yunkaiza

Not played 9 but the 10 chocobo minigame made me wanna break a hole in my monitor. Not only are the minigames bullshit in 10, it's also one of the most tedious platinums ever with how much grinding you gotta do.

PhaseJump

Banned

I couldn't get this on Xbox for PC with hotkey scripts set up for the timing, because windows 10 is a low-key unstable piece of shit.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I thought FFX was hard but it was just... Very grindy. The 200 lightning dodges can be aced if you search for the youtube guide.

FFIX and FFX-2 are the hardest.

Juras

At one time I planned to get platinum in all possible FF games till I realized it's include 250 avoids lightnings, or so, in a row for Lulu emblem and 1000 Vivi's rope jumps. I never did it in PS2 era when I was younger. Tifa's gym "quote" challenges looks also annoying. Not exactly sure which one is most challenging/annoying so i choose X lightnings.

• Final Fantasy VII - not platinued yet but based on trophy list and my psx era experience-easy, Barret'h date might be bit annoying
  • Final Fantasy VII Remake - not played yet, Tifa's gym challenges might be hard
  • Final Fantasy VIII - similiar to VII, looks easy
  • Final Fantasy IX - Vivi's 1000 jumps...
  • Final Fantasy X - 250 press X to ...
  • Final Fantasy X-2 - completed once base version on PS2, most challenging was Japan's pop atmosphere
  • Final Fantasy XII - completed on PS2, looks ok, maybe not easy but nothing impossible
  • Final Fantasy XIII - platinued, definitely not easy but maybe game isn't best, endgame grinding/fighting itself was fun and Fang was cool
  • Final Fantasy XIII-2 -played demo only
  • Final Fantasy Lightning Returns - played demo only
  • Final Fantasy XIV - trophies are easy itself, got most of them in first month and later while free login campaing was live, so far i miss 100 dungeons, 100 timed quest and Bahamut's Raid, I had plans to complete it while more free logins period was live but I realised it's hard to "go back in" after long time, you are hight level character which not remember buttonlogy, even basic dungeons mechanics and all other thing's, it's ok if play solo, but failing in party is stressfull, amybe some day...
  • Final Fantasy XV - platinued, easy, maybe even causal easy if endgame dungens wasnt included

Last edited:

STARSBarry

Gold Member
XIV... it requires some serious gathering and crafting time, fair enough and also some old endgame content... the issue is that this would still take far far longer than just 100% any other Final Fantasy game, because it an MMO. It takes hundreds of hours.

Nothing comes close to FFXIV. You’re essentially time-gated and haven’t the ability to get platinum for 6 months.

The other games have ways you can dupe your way through the other challenges.

Top Bottom