• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hardest boss fights, Sister Friede, Nameless King, Orphan of Kos, Darkeater Midir Or Malenia

which was the toughest boss battle for you?

• Sister Friede

Votes: 14 9.3%
  • Nameless King

Votes: 9 6.0%
  • Orphan of Kos

Votes: 20 13.2%
  • Darkeater Midir

Votes: 14 9.3%
  • Malenia

Votes: 63 41.7%
  • Isshin the Sword Saint

Votes: 31 20.5%

• Total voters

Kokoloko85

Ive yet to play Elden Ring.
But Ill probably go with Orphan of Kos.

Without Cheating, Demon of Hatred. Isshin is pretty cool if you know the patterns, I found other bosses in FromSoft games including Demon of Hatred waaaaay harder

.Pennywise

Banned
I never understood this one personally, IIRC it was a one-shot for me. Rolled past ANGERY dogs, up the stairs to funnel them until dead, drop attack demon until dead.

O&S on the other hand I eventually just had to summon the NPC, those guys are so much harder than everything else in that game it's not even funny. Then you NPC summon and it's a joke.
You got lucky on Capra Demon then. It's a badly designed encounter where RNG plays a bigger role than the player's skill.

Orstain & Smough are not bad at all, at that point of the game you're already slotted and it's about your own skill.

DelireMan7

I mean the entirety of that awfully and 100% wrongfully designed encounter
I agree that its setting is very questionable.
I never understood this one personally, IIRC it was a one-shot for me. Rolled past ANGERY dogs, up the stairs to funnel them until dead, drop attack demon until dead.
That's the way. The problem is how the fog wall slowly fading away hinders your view and you suddenly have 2 angry dogs and Capra demon on you with 1 sec react. Roll in the wrong direction and you can be stuck against a wall and die instantly.
Basically the first roll is made blindly.
Just having few more seconds to evaluate the situation would be nice.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
You got lucky on Capra Demon then. It's a badly designed encounter where RNG plays a bigger role than the player's skill.
That's the way. The problem is how the fog wall slowly fading away hinders your view and you suddenly have 2 angry dogs and Capra demon on you with 1 sec react. Roll in the wrong direction and you can be stuck against a wall and die instantly.

Well, I've only ever done it once so I can't really argue against this. Felt pretty easy at the time but maybe I did just get lucky, even if walking in did make me jolt.

Vindicator

Haven't encountered Ishin & Malenia yet, but Sister Friede was the only Boss to make me summon another player, could have been impatience.

Midir is the only one I didn’t beat due to a) difficulty and b) no achievement tied to it, lol. Otherwise, I’m shocked that Owl (Father) isn’t on this list. He took me many, many hours longer to beat than any of the other listed bosses.

Orphan. I genuinely don't know how I finally beat it. It's the one From Software boss I simply could not read - like I had a mental block or something.

I never beat Isshin because I simply couldn't bother doing it. I pretty much forced myself through Sekiro, and when I heard he was a 4-stage boss fight I just walked away from the game and YouTube'd the ending. Sekiro's combat system just feels like a prolonged, complex quick time event to me. I don't enjoy it.

If you don't use summons/spirit ashes, Malenia is harder just because of how absurd waterfowl dance is. Otherwise, Isshin for sure - there's no way to cheese him and there's no strategy other than get good

Top Bottom