• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Happy White Day Gaf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member

White Day (Japanese: ホワイトデー) is on March 14, one month after Valentine's Day, when people give reciprocal gifts to those who gave them gifts received on Valentine's Day. It began in Japan in 1978; since then, its observance has spread to several other Asian nations.

If it's still not clear, please enjoy the WikiHow article on White Day:

aid1355032-v4-728px-Celebrate-White-Day-Step-5-Version-2.jpg.webp

I never turn down a poko poko, especially on White Day.

I wonder if this holiday will make its way into the rest of the world? Seems like a not-so-bad idea? I could go for some chocolates.

If it's still not clear, please enjoy the WikiHow article on White Day:

aid1355032-v4-728px-Celebrate-White-Day-Step-5-Version-2.jpg.webp

I never turn down a poko poko, especially on White Day.

I wonder if this holiday will make its way into the rest of the world? Seems like a not-so-bad idea? I could go for some chocolates.
Do we actually have anything for men in North America, other than Father's Day? (Which sadly no one seems to care about... 😂)

Outlier

Do we actually have anything for men in North America, other than Father's Day? (Which sadly no one seems to care about... 😂)
Fathers need to actually have effects on their kids if they want to recognized.

Moms tend to be more recognized, because they involve themselves more, good or bad.

RAÏSanÏa

At first I thought the thread title was sus but then I remembered this was a real thing in Japan not the US
Spring love equinox approaches for the southern hemisphere.

Following parallel lines this scene with the use of white with the Spring for north should find harmonies with south in September.
Along different flows

Hymne aux fleurs qui passent​

Lin Lee-Chen pays homage to the soul of the earth and of nature. This piece praises the great laws of Heaven and Earth, is sings the harmony and first principles that are Yin and Yang. It is a fresco in which the seasons sweep along with them the thousand beings that make up the universe. Yin and Yang no longer oppose, but complement each other and alternate to engendering the profusion of life, life marked by the complementary natures of birth and death, of movement and stillness. Here the choreographer summons up unforgettable ceremonies of an unusual grace.
Behind the title “Anthem to the Fading Flowers – The Flower Goddess” hides a powerful allegory of life and death, inspired by folk costumes, religious rituals and Taiwanese traditions handed down from one generation to the next. The infernal cycle of deaths and rebirths that Buddha learned to escape, as well as consideration of the flow of existence which carries all beings, both human and plant, led Lin Lee-Chen to compose this work as four pictures: Spring, Summer, Autumn and Winter. She creates an on-stage atmosphere that is both spiritual and sensual, restoring to her ritual practices, trivialized by the wear and tear of time, all their symbolic significance, and with great care and artistry. A psalmody of prayers and invocations addressing the spirit world rhythm the dancers' meticulous rounded movements, in the strict tradition of Chinese opera. The use of multimedia techniques, especially video projection, allows the juxtaposition of spaces and times that at first sight appear separate, in an intense procession which is at the same time both traditional and modern, religious and pagan, artistic and philosophical.
Eleusinian.

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom