• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Happy Independence Day, US-GAF!

To all my fellow Americans, whether in the US or abroad, I wish you all a...

happy-independence-day-sign-united-states-independence-day-vector-id1158896386

team-america-america.gif

Today is the celebration of a great country. Flawed? Absolutely. Still one of the greatest countries in the history of civilization.

May you eat, drink, and be merry with family and friends, and remember the awesomeness of these great United States. I'm sure as hell proud to be American! 🇺🇸🦅

Asking politely to the usual America-hating suspects: This is a celebration thread, so please keep your hate at the door. You can hate on the US the other 364 days of the year if you, for some twisted reason, can't resist :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Here are two of the best renditions of our awesome National Anthem, the Star Spangled Banner --

Whitney Houston, 1991 Super Bowl:

Jimi Hendrix, Woodstock 1969:

Happy birthday, United States! Here's to many more years of prosperity...

f003baeddb196ecec40e01681f56711f.jpg

by-john-trumbull-3.jpg

Last edited:
On my street every year on the 4th there are 3 houses that deck their entire property out with American flags all over the place. All 3 happen to be immigrant families.

One thing I’ve come to learn, at least in my experience is immigrants love America more than anyone.

Happy 4th! 🇺🇸
As an immigrant myself who's extremely proud of being American... I can confirm. This country has been very good to me and my loved ones. All it takes is being a hard-working, law-abiding citizen and this country showers you with prosperity.

Happy 4th, brother! 💪🏾🦅🇺🇲

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
Happy 4th all. Today we celebrate our independence day!

Also this appears to be the USA emoji lol: 🌭

I know I'll be having at least one today.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
As an immigrant myself who's extremely proud of being American... I can confirm. This country has been very good to me and my loved ones. All it takes is being a hard-working, law-abiding citizen and this country showers you with prosperity.

Happy 4th, brother! 💪🏾🦅🇺🇲
The most patriotic person I know is my one friend who’s Cuban American. And one of my neighbors who is very patriotic is also Cuban. I asked my friend about it and he tells me Cuban Americans are some of the most patriotic people in the country. And it’s no surprise as to why considering where they came from that they might really appreciate America.

AJUMP23

Got a brisket resting in a cooler out in the sun. Hoping the temp holds until guests arrive in a few hours. Also praying I didn’t fuck it up. Tempted to go buy some insurance burger meat.
Bring the cooler inside. Wrap the brisket in a towel and set it back in the cooler. It will stay warm for 6 to 8 hours.

also suck it England enjoy working today for your German queen.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
I'm gonna ask you what condiments you put on your hot dog, and totally judge you based on your answer 😂

Kidding... Happy 4th, man!

I am a spicy mustard, little bit of ketchup (can't let it overpower), and chili man myself.

My neighbor lost his job during the pandemic. I helped him out by buying him a new tire when he got a flat while working odd jobs like delivering school lunches. I also bought his daughter a new backpack when some other asshole kid ripped hers open.

He's back on his feet, he and his daughter came into my backyard today as I was heating up the grill and gifted me Fire Emblem Three Houses for Switch. I told him he'd never have to pay me back, but I admit I'm smiling like an idiot as I type this. I've never played one of these. He said "Beats the hell out of a new tire, right?".

Just wanted to share a happy 4th story. Unfortunately they couldn't stick around, but I am about to grab my Switch and play some as I grill.

Edit: lots of typos - the glare on this laptop screen in the sun is something else.....

Last edited:
I am a spicy mustard, little bit of ketchup (can't let it overpower), and chili man myself.
giphy.webp

My neighbor lost his job during the pandemic. I helped him out by buying him a new tire when he got a flat while working odd jobs like delivering food lunches. I also bought his daughter a new backpack when some other asshole kid ripped hers open.

He's back on his feet, he and his daughter came into my backyard today as I was heating up the grill and gifted me Fire Emblem Three Houses for Switch. I told he'd never have to pay me back, but I admit I'm smiling like an idiot as I type this. I've never played one of these. He said beats the hell out of a new tire, right?".

Just wanted to share a happy 4th story. Unfortunately they couldn't stick around, but I am about to grab my Switch and play some as I grill.
Amazingly wholesome and sweet story, thanks for sharing. This is the kind of story that reinforces faith in humanity ♥️

men's contest about to start Joey about to take another W no ones beating him

Dude, Joey has been unstoppable, holy shit.

Bring the cooler inside. Wrap the brisket in a towel and set it back in the cooler. It will stay warm for 6 to 8 hours.

Why inside versus out? It’s cooler inside so wouldn’t ambient temperature relative to the cooler make it better to have it where it’s hotter?

It’s in a cooler with towels, and I saw a video where they poured boiling water on some of the towels to add a little more heat.

Right now it’s 147 and dropping a degree about every 8-10 minutes. I have the oven on standby at 170 in case I need to hold it a little bit longer.

AJUMP23

Why inside versus out? It’s cooler inside so wouldn’t ambient temperature relative to the cooler make it better to have it where it’s hotter?

It’s in a cooler with towels, and I saw a video where they poured boiling water on some of the towels to add a little more heat.

Right now it’s 147 and dropping a degree about every 8-10 minutes. I have the oven on standby at 170 in case I need to hold it a little bit longer.
I just said inside because I have done it plenty of times and cooler location didn’t matter.

I don’t know how you have never heard it. It is very popular. And played all the time at political conventions.
I don't watch a lot of political conventions.

I also think this song is likely more prominent in Midwest/South than it is in northeastern cities (where I've lived all my life), so my chances to be exposed were lower I guess.

Last edited:
Happy 4th all. Today we celebrate our independence day!

Also this appears to be the USA emoji lol: 🌭

I know I'll be having at least one today.
In our first exchange, the irony didn't escape me of you talking about hot dogs, yet your username is burger.

So, on this most sacred of American holidays, you're betraying your own username by not having a burger.

tenor.gif

😂😂

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins

Enjoy you're independence day. A celebration of independence that you wouldn't have achieved without a massive amount of French support 🥳

I'm joking. Really, enjoy it. At least you get to celebrate a national day. In England, our national day is hardly noticed and is a taboo subject.

Happy 4th July US GAF.

Top Bottom