• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Happy Independence Day America!

Christopher

With all the divisiveness going around the country I hope we can all come together and realize that we are all Americans. I hate always finding what tears us apart instead of what makes us different. Even if you support the president or not, he doesn’t speak for every single person who makes up this country. We all do.

Even with all of our faults we are still the greatest country in the world. So in the spirit of our forefathers let’s celebrate being an American!

shutterstock-61933045.jpg

MC Safety

Means nothing to me.

Thanks for the update.

It's a great country. It doesn't always live up to the promise, and there are still miles to go. But we do all right in handing out the Yankee bucks and keeping the world relatively safe.

Also, the FOURTH is Independence Day.

Last edited:

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
With all the divisiveness going around the country I hope we can all come together and realize that we are all Americans. I hate always finding what tears us apart instead of what makes us different.

Well said. Have a safe and happy holiday, everyone.

dolabla

*MODERATION: THE POST COULD BE CONSIDERED NSFW.

Happy 4th to all!

Best way to start off the 4th? Hotties in American bikinis of course!

usa1_40b3f41f-332d-4479-858e-7ebbb9796994.jpg

t1Ueej2.jpg

446010-flag-bikini-set__88437.1467158553.400.601.jpg

swimsuit-onepiece-kk89s-507096americaflag.jpg

KINGMOKU

Its usually my one "yeah, I'm an idiot" day of the year.

Last year?

20+ people over, shrimp boil, fireworks (big ones, not the Walmart kind)that went on for three hours(overbought but like I said, my idiot day)and cops to finish off the night.

Sadly going out of town this year, so no handheld Roman candle fights for me this year :(

Its usually my one "yeah, I'm an idiot" day of the year.

Last year?

20+ people over, shrimp boil, fireworks (big ones, not the Walmart kind)that went on for three hours(overbought but like I said, my idiot day)and cops to finish off the night.

Sadly going out of town this year, so no handheld Roman candle fights for me this year :(

I have more than my fair share of 4th of July blackouts.. going to keep this one relatively low key.. I says now.

A friend said he can't make it over till after fireworks, but wants to make sure the beer pong is still going.. anticipating a long night. Took the rest of the week off just in case!

bucyou

Could the butthurt edgelords just pass over this thread? No one gives a fuck if you dont care or you hate America, it just seems sad and petty.

Otherwise Happy Independence Day to my fellow countrymen both here and abroad!

JordanN

Banned
Could the butthurt edgelords just pass over this thread? No one gives a fuck if you dont care or you hate America, it just seems sad and petty.

"America sucks."
So why don't you move to Mexico?
"Oh no, I can't do that. It's too dangerous."
:p

Could the butthurt edgelords just pass over this thread? No one gives a **** if you dont care or you hate America, it just seems sad and petty.

You clearly care.

That's why you're mad.

Besides eating steak, I spend my 4th of Juyly re-visiting What to the Slave is the 4th of July? By Fredrick Douglass.

Then I look for something more modern, such as When the 4th of July was a Black Holiday:

Before the Civil War, white Americans from every corner of the country had annually marked the Fourth with feasts, parades, and copious quantities of alcohol. A European visitor observed that it was “almost the only holy-day kept in America.” Black Americans demonstrated considerably less enthusiasm. And those who did observe the holiday preferred—like Douglass—to do so on July 5 to better accentuate the difference between the high promises of the Fourth and the low realities of life for African Americans, while also avoiding confrontations with drunken white revelers.

Yet the tables had turned by July 4, 1865, at least in the South. Having lost a bloody four-year war to break free from the United States and defend the institution of slavery, Confederate sympathizers had little desire to celebrate the Fourth now that they were back in the Union and slavery was no more. “The white people,” wrote a young woman in Columbia, South Carolina, “shut themselves within doors.”

I also scope out other thought-provoking pieces that push beyond the 4th being a victory, and that we should not continue to push forward toward liberation from the tyranny of poor healthcare, hungry children, the NRA lobbying and public mass shootings at schools, stagnant wages, over-policing and the prison industrial complex.

Beyond that, it's just another day I get off work to read. Go see a movie with the family. And play video games.

Now if someone had made a thread bout Juneteenth??? Yeah, I could dig that.

It's Jeff

Banned
A friend sent me this, thought it'd be funny to wear for the 4th

variant_image_d4a27905-8949-44e1-87ea-e9c8353355d8_grande.png

Look at this Tory lurking in the weeds. Don't start none, won't be none. We asked, politely, for no taxation without representation. Your response did not reflect the decorum we expect from you. Your countrymen are without dignity and King George looks like an elephant's butt. We burly men of the colonies had sex with your wives and mothers. All of them. Ungrateful indeed!

Best wishes,

The new country that's last on the dial but first in your hearts, the United States of America.

(I love this shirt. Just ordered one for myself)

Dunki

I am not American so I have to work on this day but I hope all of you Americans enjoy your day with BB and some fireworks or what else you are doing^^

Texas Pride

Banned
Happy 4th to everyone. Just a friendly reminder that IF you're going to drink and do ill advised shit please record it.

Last edited:

Dev1lXYZ

You clearly care.

That's why you're mad.

Besides eating steak, I spend my 4th of July re-visiting the Fourth of July Children’s Storytime Read Aloud video on YouTube.

Then I look for something more interesting, such as The Berenstain Bears: God Bless Our Country.

I also could also scope out some other awesome kids stories about the 4th being a victory.

Beyond that, it's just another day I sit in my mom’s basement and spank the monkey.

FIFY 🤡

I love this day! Food, music and celebration! Happy 4th of July.
I'm about to go and resurrect that BBQ thread because I'm doin' somethin' tdey!

Also ohshit@becoming a member

Last edited:
Top Bottom