• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Happy Father’s Day To All You Gamer Dads Out There!

zaanan

Banned
Happy Dad’s Day! Reply with your favorite memories of gaming with your kids. Mine are:
  • Playing thru Resistance 1&3 co-op campaign with each of my four kids
  • Playing thru Mario Galaxy 1&2 with my oldest daughter
  • Playing Halo 1-3 co-op campaign with my sons
  • Watching my youngest daughter play countless matches in Overwat h
  • Getting the “Not So Bad” trophy in Doom with the help of my three youngest
Now you! :)

Kuranghi

My dad doesn't really get the appeal of computer games, never played one with him for more than 13 seconds. He's 72 now so prob not going to change anytime soon, trying to get mum into it now shes retired though but the societal guilt is stronk in her, even just me talking about enjoying a computer game makes her cringe.

My first born son was born on BOTW launch day and I remember starting the download on my WiiU when I returned home from hospital for a nap and change of clothes.

Then in the weeks that followed I played it on the controller screen very quietly as he slept in my arms in the middle of the night when he wouldn't sleep in his cot. I have very fond memories of clearing shines on paternity leave at 3am in the morning while he slept on me, before my wife came for her shift with him.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
My first born son was born on BOTW launch day and I remember starting the download on my WiiU when I returned home from hospital for a nap and change of clothes.

Then in the weeks that followed I played it on the controller screen very quietly as he slept in my arms in the middle of the night when he wouldn't sleep in his cot. I have very fond memories of clearing shines on paternity leave at 3am in the morning while he slept on me, before my wife came for her shift with him.
ha, mine was born while i was in the middle of my first skyrim run. somehow i had managed to avoid the skyrim craze until 2014. i was also incharge of the night shift till 3AM but i swear those hours flew by.

for my second one, i was in the middle of a detroit become human playthrough. that kid was difficult. woke up every 30 minutes for a feed in the first few days. but by the end of my paternity leave he would sleep through 2 hours giving me ample time to see all the endings in the game.

fun times. now my oldest just beat BOTW today after almost a month of playing it. crazy.

zaanan

Banned

ha, mine was born while i was in the middle of my first skyrim run. somehow i had managed to avoid the skyrim craze until 2014. i was also incharge of the night shift till 3AM but i swear those hours flew by.

for my second one, i was in the middle of a detroit become human playthrough. that kid was difficult. woke up every 30 minutes for a feed in the first few days. but by the end of my paternity leave he would sleep through 2 hours giving me ample time to see all the endings in the game.

fun times. now my oldest just beat BOTW today after almost a month of playing it. crazy.
You guys did it right, I didn’t have any gaming systems when most of mine were born. In fact, it was my kids that got me back into gaming!

Top Bottom