• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hamas terrorists infiltrated Israel. 1400+ killed, 2400+ wounded, 240+ abducted. Israel declares war

Liljagare

What. The. Hell.

RuSSkie trolls, don't fall for too much of it.

They are pretty much all over US social media now in force, again, and manage to manipulate. Students/schools are easy targets, then the parents get upset, then the ball is rolling.

The western world is under a major attack through propaganda, and not too many see it.

It's a destabilizition protocol known far and well from the Nazi playbook.

Last edited:

Trunx81

RuSSkie trolls, don't fall for too much of it.

They are pretty much all over US social media now in force, again, and manage to manipulate. Students/schools are easy targets, then the parents get upset, then the ball is rolling.
You sure about that?
Why are the US tolerating this? Someone had to arrange this. Some parents are sitting there with their kids.

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
It might be better to make it public. Set an example, that such behavior will not be tolerated in a modern democracy.
If a handful of the most vocal professors, that are supporting terrorism and inciting violence with their students, are fired and even criminally charged, it will send a message to all the others.

And mind you, there is a paradox in the democratic system, that dictators and extremists try to use to sabotage it.
The idea is that in a democracy, that all forms of speech are to be allowed. And because of that, instigators, can use that same preset to attack democratic institutions.
But the reality, is that democracy has to defend itself against authorities and extremism.
Also consider that in a free society, inciting others to do violence is a crime, no matter the reason.
So a professor that is inciting students to attack other students and professors, and that are supporting terrorist organizations, are committing a crime.
If there is a legal way to make such charges stick to the students and faculty in question, while sending a clear message that cannot be spinned and used against the government, absolutely! As a matter of principle I'm entirely behind it. My concerns are entirely related to the perception.

jason10mm

Gold Member
This stuff can be resolved quickly.
First, anyone on a visa seen acting out in these "mostly peaceful" hate speech events is gone tomorrow. And by gone, I mean deported back to their home country.

Second, any students who are citizens get their financial aid and scholarships immediately revoked for misconduct. Then any student loans come due immediately, no grace period or payment referrals.

See how much these pukes want talk about killing jews then.

If a large amount of teachers supported the KKK something would be done about it and if you ask me jihadists are cut from the same cloth. It is all hate based.
It's because universities are all leftist and it's very popular on the left to despise Israel. So they get away with it.

Last edited:

Ozriel

M$FT
This stuff can be resolved quickly.
First, anyone on a visa seen acting out in these "mostly peaceful" hate speech events is gone tomorrow. And by gone, I mean deported back to their home country.

Second, any students who are citizens get their financial aid and scholarships immediately revoked for misconduct. Then any student loans come due immediately, no grace period or payment referrals.

See how much these pukes want talk about killing jews then.

Not just that.
Anyone who is seen glorifying and supporting Hamas gets put on a no-fly list. Let’s see how many are keen to protest when they’re stuck to road trips for the foreseeable future.

Delta et al wouldn’t let anyone with vocal Al-Qaeda or ISIS sympathies fly. Hamas has been designated as a terrorist group in the United States since 1997. That’s the law of the land. Why are Hamas supporters treated differently?

Work up the nerve to make a bold decision. Expel, travel bans, restrict scholarships etc.

jason10mm

Gold Member
Well, a bunch of students are FAFOing right now...

Yeah, let's compare Gaza, a place NONE of these twinks would EVER consider visiting and are NOT being forced to go to Kent State, Vietnam and the draft, good luck with that.

Dynasty8

Yup.

GLyonwqWkAAoQUj

Stitch

Gold Member
If we put the Farrelly brothers, Zucker brothers & Abrahams, Mel Brooks, Larry David and Adam Sandler in a room for a few hours they still wouldn't be able to come up with such a weird movie plot.

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
I made a few attempts to communicate with some of the NY students via social media. My curiosity was just too strong, I had to see what they were thinking and how much sense there was behind it, if any.

Some, as expected, were immediately hateful and ignorant.
Some were confused, to say the least, but meant well.

And rarely I came across some that actually knew what they were talking about and had valid criticisms, not just of this war, but of western foreign policy in the middle east and elsewhere over the last century. And also valid criticism of fanatical Judaism and of Israeli governments.

These attempts felt like a good analogy to the chaos of combat during war: where the loudest and most radicalized are responsible for the most collateral damage and confusion.

War is like a strange kind of communication between two different world views, a conversation with an incredibly low signal to noise ratio, which can quickly deteriorate into full blown white noise. Chaos is the inevitable outcome.

Ultimately I was left with a couple of valid new perspectives to contemplate, so I'd call this experiment a success.

Last edited:

Jsisto

I’m sorry but this is no different than any other anti war protest. Anti war protests happening at college campuses are as old as….college campuses. To be clear, yes, there are some people attending these protests that have insane, objectionable views, but it’s always been this way when you get a large number of people together. The loudest, most extreme voices are going to stand out and those with an agenda are going to put a megaphone on those in an effort to delegitimize the entire thing. I don’t see why this is so hard to understand.

If some of you truly believe this entire thing, or even a large portion of it, is about Jew hating…I really don’t know what to tell you. You’re choosing to see what you want to see. A large number of these students ARE Jews that want a peaceful resolution and I seriously doubt theres anyone other than the most extreme, insane people that support what happened on October 7th. Unless you’re actually there and can report on what the majority of students think, you’re just sharing select footage that often lacks context….or kids that maybe aren’t that educated going because their friends are.

Im sure someone will follow this up with a video of someone saying “death to Jews” as if to prove me wrong, not realizing they’re actually proving my point. Whatever. There’s a reason I’m at GAF and not the other place. We largely tend to look at things objectively and not get swept up in culture war nonsense, but clearly we’re not immune to it. If this is a problem, please thread ban me, but I feel like some people need to take their blinders off. Not everything is so black and white.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
I've seen Bill Maher and others talk about how these protests don't help your cause. He eluded to something that I've believed for a while. Most of these people don't even care about the cause. This is all about power. You have a bunch of degenerates who get off on annoying other people and no one being able to do anything about it. I usually don't like to generalize, but the people I've seen in the majority of these protests fit a certain profile of person. They look like the same types you saw in 2020 in Seattle who went around smashing windows. Masks(always masked), ratty clothes, unkempt, dirty, etc. Most of these people are probably unemployed, have very few friends, are outcasts and want to feel powerful for once in their life. What better way to do it than occupy spaces that are important to other people. Bridges, highways, campuses, etc. What better way for a loser who's always felt like a loser their whole life to feel like a winner than have an entire highway of people at your whim? And get to control who gets to work on time and what ambulance gets to the hospital on time?

I cringe for the level of parenting out there that produced kids like this. No well raised kid grows up to act this way. Anyway, children need to be disciplined and I'm glad schools and law enforcement are doing just that.

Top Bottom