• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halp! I can't find an Xbox Series X!

Durask

Wonder when I will be able to just click and buy one.

If I remember correctly, it took a year for the Switch to be easily available.

I got my PS5 from Walmart's website. Use a stock tracker notification app and be prepared to jump on your computer on short notice to spam refresh on the page. It took me about a half hour to actually get one, Walmart is effective at stopping bots and they sell the consoles in tranches spaced 10 minutes apart so regular humans have a decent shot at snagging one.

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
Must be yield issues, waiting for "full" RDNA2 and all.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
It’ll be nice when stores are full of consoles and you don’t have to check inventory three times a day.

Wizz-Art

I'm in the same boat OP, minus the x-mas gift for son part though. I want one for myself but the thing is sold out everywhere. However I can still wait until they're available to order, my two Xbox One X's, + huge backlog and Game Pass are keeping me occupied every damn day and scalpers can fuck right off.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
I told my son I would get him a Series X as his main Christmas gift and I still can't find one. He's saying at this point he'll even take an Xbox Series S instead, like some kind of impatient heathen. Those aren't the values I raised him with. And I refuse to pay any kind of scalper markup. Tips? Maybe a friendly soul could post in this thread when they notice a big retailer got a shipment and has XSXs in stock?

I just checked these with no luck (https://www.tomsguide.com/news/where-to-buy-xbox-series-x-stock):
Thanks in advance guys!

Follow XBox Series X Twitter drop accounts. Turn notifications on. Be prepared to lose a little sleep.

Or, tell your son the situation and teach him patience.

I also found popfindr to be really accurate with Target stock (and only Target stock BTW, the Gamestop stock is not accurate at all). I set alarms to check it every hour until I noticed a store that was around 80 miles away got 30 or so in stock, and then I busted my butt down there and picked one up. Of course it was also the fourth time I had gone into a Target, and the other three times I had just missed out on being able to buy one.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™

This mornings attempt

TlcUiiD.jpg

tenor-24.gif

Although to be fair, I did sleep in due to a headache

Zeeed

*jump to the bottom if you want to skip my boring story.

So my only hobby is gaming. I have a Gaming PC. I always knew I would get a PS5 then eventually get a Xbox Series X later on.

The PS5 was a lucky purchase. Saw people on another forum freaking out that the PS5 was already going for pre-order. So went to Walmart website and pre-ordered it. It said it would arrive 2 weeks after release date, but ended up coming one day after release.

Two days ago, I randomly decided to check Walmart website again just to see if Xbox Series X would be in stock, and I saw the green little cart symbol below the Xbox Series X. Ordered it and it said February 5th is the delivery date. Figured Walmart probably didn't have it yet and they will ship it to me once they do get some stock in from MS, etc. Welp, delivery guy just knocked on the door with the package(2 days after I made the purchase).

So, two guesses.
-If you are in Canada, it is slightly easier to get a PS5 and Xbox Series X from online retailers. (Maybe it is too cold up here for scalpers?)
-I just checked again, there is still a green cart button beside the Xbox Series X. No green cart for PS5 though.

So keep checking retailers, seems the Xbox Series X has been restocked in some areas. Or at least Walmart Canada as of writing this.

Last edited:

Durask

Well, what do you know.
Subscribed to Wario64 on Twitter

Got a tweet about Xbox in stock at Best Buy for local pickup.
When you try to buy one it is now a two step process where Buy button is replaced with please wait. If it turns yellow then you have to click real fast.
Manged to snag one for pickup at a store about 30 miles from me - supposedly on 1/28.

Was able to grab a bundle today for $650 after tax. I figure it's only $100 more then MSRP after tax so it's whatever as I needed Game Pass anyway.

Both this and my PS5 were bundles and I don't really regret it as it saved me the hassle of trying to find one.

The suggestion to follow on Twitter is good. I would say that you need the app and then on notifications.

In addition to Wario and Linus, there are several other sources, many more timely. In no particular order:

I successfully bought 10 PS5s and 1 XSX following these guys in December. Turn on notifications.

Top Bottom