• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Season 2 | Review Thread

Draugoth

Gold Member

Rotten Tomatoes : 88%

M1VbnWI.png

MetaCritic; 58/100

CQ1kTcP.png

Summary

Dr. Catherine Elizabeth Halsey (Natascha McElhone) and Master Chief Petty Officer John-117 (Pablo Schreiber) are introduced in the long-gestating sci-fi series based on the Xbox video game franchise set in 26th-century.

• Genres: Action, Sci fi
  • Network: Paramount+
  • Premiere Date: Feb 8, 2024
Pablo Schreiber will be returning to the role of Master Chief, the de facto face of the Halo franchise and its core main protagonist. Before fighting aliens, Schreiber had some previous military acting experience when he starred in the Benghazi adaptation 13 Hours. Major cast members who are expected to return from Season 1 include Bokeem Woodbine as Soren, Jen Taylor as Cortana, Natascha McElhone as Dr. Catherine Halsey, Shabana Azmi as Admiral Margaret Parangosky, Natasha Culzac as Riz, Olive Gray as Dr. Miranda Keyes, Yerin Ha as Kwan Ha, Bentley Kalu as Vannak, Kate Kennedy as Kai, Danny Sapani as Captain Jacob Keyes, Fiona O'Shaughnessy as Laera, and Tylan Bailey as Kessler. The second season will also be introducing newcomers in Joseph Morgan as James Ackerson and Christina Rodlo as Talia Perez.

JimmyF

So far I'm liking it a lot more than season 1, I think a good middle ground is he doesn't take off his helmet while on a mission.
They should consider killing off Kwan though, let the covenant glass the shit where she is and say she died a hero and move on.

Last edited:
You mean for shame to the developers and Microsoft, right? With how poorly they handled the franchise its amazing it even exist in any form right now.
Yes, exactly. All this great lore and building up and it's going to be all for nothing because they can't make a game to interest people anymore. It really sucks.

Season 2 is pretty good. But of course they 'steal' his suit when the big fight happens. Any stupid excuse to not wear the armor... pisses me off. I think shief has worn his suit for about 20% of the whole show now?

Spyxos

Gold Member
You can clearly see how much interest has waned after season 2. Only 11 responses here. I dropped out of season 1 after 4 episodes. And it looks like most people did the same.

Last edited:
Top Bottom