• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Season 2 extended until November 7

Bragr

Banned
Huh? it's so bizarre, usually, studios plan for this long before it's released.

What's hard to take here, is that Halo Infinite is such a fantastic multiplayer game and was lined up for a healthy cycle for years. Are they making an expansion or some DLC we don't know about? you would think it would be a short turnaround to make some maps and modes?

Lone Wolf

Wonder when the Halo Infinite that came out really started production. This game had to go through so many project reboots.
When Staten joined 343 most likely. I’m assuming he took what they had and pieced together what we have today.

Mr.ODST

I actually agree with a twitter comment just once.

"Just give us a poll of 2 map remakes at least and just do that every 3 months and give us 2 remade maps in between the new ones"

The fact that MCC updates everymonth have more content than their new title, its shocking.

JUST FOR CLARITY, COD GETS 6 SEASONS A YEAR with at least 10 new maps in a year, while Halo has had 2 in a year .. LOOOL

Last edited:

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
Kind of.

When a company celebrates hiring people based on gender and not merit, you know something is wrong.

Stop placing emphasis on gender and sexuality.
Yeah because those 30 women out of 500 employees is why Halo Infinite is slow to deliver content. 🙄

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Kind of.

When a company celebrates hiring people based on gender and not merit, you know something is wrong.

Stop placing emphasis on gender and sexuality.
30 people.....out of ~500.

God damn women and people of color....put just 30 of them in a pool and they fuck up the whole shit.!

Come on man, be real.
Its not like theres an International Homogeny day for them to celebrate all the white men they have on their team.
Is it PR fluff to celebrate woman and poc in industries that dont heavily feature women and poc...absolutlely not denying it.
But to blame women and poc for the game being in the state that its in has your bias showing.

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
Yeah because those 30 women out of 500 employees is why Halo Infinite is slow to deliver content. 🙄
And that's coming from someone that can detect woke artstyle, it's kinda like Hendrick's Hendrick's super power...But yeah back on topic .
Sure they celebrated hiring diversity but let's be honest it is almost always a PR move especially when 30 over at least 500 doesn't scream that much diversity (that being said I'd be curious about how much female devs graduate vs male, I don't mean in as a ratio just the numbers).Because in the IT school that I went to there were 7% of women, I wonder how it is globally.

LordCBH

I've been relatively patient until now. But this is the breaking point for me. Get this studio off Halo. Give it to someone else. Or at the very least, clean out 343's management entirely.

I lost my patience when I saw how little content there was at launch. The only main line game to have less content at launch was Halo CE, and thst has the excuse of being the first one.

They crafted some really awesome gameplay, but failed to give any actual content to play it in. They turned Halo into a live service, but absolutely failed to provide the “live” part of “live service.” Hell, did they ever fix custom games? Me and some buddies noticed that was broken too

Last edited:

Jaybe

In light of split screen co-op still being TBD and certainly not this year, here’s 343 leader Bonnie Ross on its importance in 2017. I suspect there was some foundational development decision that has kneecapped this game from being able to be updated in an efficient way, and they are trying to back out an rewrite this code.. or just applying bandaids while they write their resumes and interview elsewhere.

In light of removing split-screen from Halo 5: Guardians, 343 Industries' founder and head Bonnie Ross has acknowledged the decision was "incredibly painful for the community" as well as for her and her team. As such, all Halo games moving forward will support split-screen.
https://www.pcgamer.com/halo-games-...en-going-forward-says-343-industries-founder/

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
And that's coming from someone that can detect woke artstyle, it's kinda like Hendrick's Hendrick's super power...But yeah back on topic .
Sure they celebrated hiring diversity but let's be honest it is almost always a PR move especially when 30 over at least 500 doesn't scream that much diversity (that being said I'd be curious about how much female devs graduate vs male, I don't mean in as a ratio just the numbers).Because in the IT school that I went to there were 7% of women, I wonder how it is globally.
Woke knows no gender. Still triggered by my highly researched thesis I see. 😉

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
The worst "live service" since Anthem made by the worst AAA developer on the planet. An utter disgrace.

Microsoft should be closing the studio and giving Halo to a developer who actually cares.
Contract it back to Bungie, since they’re still “independent”
GIF by Rick James

Havoc2049

I lost my patience when I saw how little content there was at launch. The only main line game to have less content at launch was Halo CE, and thst has the excuse of being the first one.
Halo CE had a better single player campaign and released with more multiplayer maps (13). The multiplayer maps in CE are also leagues better than the maps in Infinite. Halo CE also had co-op. If you include Halo CE on PC, Halo CE had a total of 19 multiplayer maps and forge within two years of release. 343 is on the clock. Can they have co-op, forge and 19 maps within 2 years??? 🤣

Crew511A

Halo CE had a better single player campaign and released with more multiplayer maps (13). The multiplayer maps in CE are also leagues better than the maps in Infinite. Halo CE also had co-op. If you include Halo CE on PC, Halo CE had a total of 19 multiplayer maps and forge within two years of release. 343 is on the clock. Can they have co-op, forge and 19 maps within 2 years??? 🤣

I don't have any faith in them ever getting co-op up and running. If the players are on opposite sides of the world, wouldn't that be a lot for the system to run at once? They haven't even given us the ability to go back and play completed levels in the campaign, which seems pretty basic. I didn't even unlock the gauss hog until I beat the game...what's the point in that?

Last edited:
Slipspace engine alright, everything slips.

343 would do better as a support studio for Halo to go full blown open source. What this community would have done with the lost 6.5 years of Infinite's dev/launch.

343 fuck your engine, fuck your game and fuck your management decisions.

Phil loses a large chunk of respect today for his inaction with 343, as does Xbox. MCC and Infinite are inexcusable back to back. 10+ years of broken and MIA Halo.

WTF are y'all doing!

Well, people do defend Pokemon all the time so...
I don't follow Nintendo, so please correct me if i'm wrong, but I don't recall hearing about any Nintendo or Pokemon release that rivals Cyberpunk, Halo or Battlefield

I'd give Staten the benefit of the doubt. I'd say he wasn't given enough time to fix 343's mess and no opportunity to delay it again. The starvation in this season looks like they are resetting behind the scenes. A push in November with a relaunch could save the game with then future regular content releases. 343 is a disgrace and needs the deadwood gone.
+1

Announcing that seasons will be 3 months, only to backtrack post-haste and say it's now 6 months, would be a sign of incompetence, unless that 6 month hits Halo's natural launch window; November.

If another team have come in to salvage Halo and do a NMS style turn-around and major re-release in November, will people still be pissed off? I doubt it. While 343i's handling of Halo is unforgiveable, it will be largely forgetable if Halo re-launching in November with free campaign DLC, more maps, more game modes, update graphics, forge and Co-op. Knowing Microsoft they will spin it as a win for GaaS with a "see? Gaas works, you just need to wait".

Though going in to the holiday period (Microsofts most profitable quarter) with Starfield and Nu-Halo would be pretty good. They certainly need something to take the buzz away from PSVR2

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
It blows my mind that they were doubling down on a 2020 release until the outrage made them push the release. I’m really really interested to see what state the game would’ve launched in if the backlash from the demo in 2020 weren’t as big as it was.
I do not think they really planned to release it… it would have been wonderful to see if people had reacted less strongly… “oh shit, how do we delay it by at least eight months to a year now?!?” 😂.

Last edited:

Umbasaborne

Banned
Remember when halo 3, reach, and odst came out, each one had a FINISHED campaign that had up to 4 playser multiplayer. Hell fucking two of those games had brand new multiplayer modes that launched with more maps than halo infinite will see over its entire first year…

Belthazar

I don't follow Nintendo, so please correct me if i'm wrong, but I don't recall hearing about any Nintendo or Pokemon release that rivals Cyberpunk, Halo or Battlefield

Well, if you're mentioning unoptimized games that look ugly as hell and launch lacking several features that were staples in the franchise... Then look no further than Sword and Shield. My only point is that there's people that will defend anything.

Belthazar

It blows my mind that they were doubling down on a 2020 release until the outrage made them push the release. I’m really really interested to see what state the game would’ve launched in if the backlash from the demo in 2020 weren’t as big as it was.

I honestly thought the first showcase looked that bad on purpose to enable a delay... But then the game released almost in the same visual state.

Crew511A

Absolutely amazing game but no content. 343 deserves all the shit they're getting but i still have hope. The dryspell will ultimately not matter if they deliver with forge and good quality maps. Nothing else comes close still when it comes down to gameplay.

That will get the Halo OGs back, but they wanted to expand the fanbase. The new players they wanted probably aren't staying, if they even came in the first place.

Give the ip to id software and call it a day
Hell to the no Leave ID out of this
I want more Doom and Quake Reboot from ID not fucking Halo
Let 343 fix this mess and if they cannot than Halo dies
but under no circumstances should any of the other studio
be force to make Halo if they don't want to

Complistic

Remember when halo 3, reach, and odst came out, each one had a FINISHED campaign that had up to 4 playser multiplayer. Hell fucking two of those games had brand new multiplayer modes that launched with more maps than halo infinite will see over its entire first year…
Halo 3 and I think reach also delivered more then 2 new maps during it's first 12 months.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Slipspace engine alright, everything slips.

343 would do better as a support studio for Halo to go full blown open source. What this community would have done with the lost 6.5 years of Infinite's dev/launch.

343 fuck your engine, fuck your game and fuck your management decisions.

Phil loses a large chunk of respect today for his inaction with 343, as does Xbox. MCC and Infinite are inexcusable back to back. 10+ years of broken and MIA Halo.

WTF are y'all doing!

Doesn’t matter. Mindless warriors will defend 343 and Halo Infinite until their dying breaths and claim anyone who is critical are immature And can simply “not play” the game. These whales are what keeps 343 afloat.

Top Bottom