• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Season 2 extended until November 7

6 months seasons are long.
Don't have to be 3, but 4 should be the goal.

We'll 343 just isn't a top developer like GGG, Epic or Rare, so they're just not able to deliver that I guess

Last edited:
Like what they got planned for November to be honest (if they actually deliver on it) seems like this game has some serious issues for it to take almost a year after launch. I'll give them 1 year to deliver substantial content both MP and SP as well as Forge but it better be amazing.

I hate all the 343 need to close nonsense but this is the last chance saloon for me.

TransTrender

Gold Member
Seriously you have to wonder how many cold bodies are employed at that place to have such an abysmal product as Infinite. 10 year lifespan my ass, lol.

6 months seasons are long.
Don't have to be 3, but 4 should be the goal.

We'll 343 just isn't a top publisher like GGG, Epic or Rare, so they're just not able to deliver that I guess
Yeah no shit
I was worried I was going to run out of fingers before counting out the months

Last edited:

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
We know we need to deliver more content and more features more quickly. Staying true to priority zero means that sometimes we need to slow down in order to stay healthy and move faster later. But we’re also aggressively looking at ways to accelerate.

Thinking Think GIF by Rodney Dangerfield
Who wrote this? It is like saying everything they think anyone would want to hear in a single paragraph… 🤯.

anthony2690

Banned
Longer than I would like, but after a couple months I can just enjoy other games till November so I'm not overly fussed at this point.

I do hope with season 3 they have a proper progression system in place, that has retroactively added up all my earned exp.

I think Infinite will get to a really good spot that everyone will be very happy with, but it's just going to take a little longer than we would like sadly.

If we get an halo infinite endless teaser or trailer at the Xbox show in june, then I'll be very happy :)

Last edited:

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
What is Staten doing?
Probably crying himself to sleep every night. Having to manage a dysfunctional studio likely with a revolving door of contractors coming in and contractors going out is not fun. At some point Good Guy Phil needs to take responsibility (he was their direct boss when he was GM of Xbox Game Studios and he has even more say now than he did then).

Last edited:

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
It's not. It's an amazing game that lacks content. Once the content is there, it'll shine again. It's not like it's the first live-service games that releases without content and keeps growing until it gets to a point where it's great.
Good point. It's like everyone forgot about Destiny. That game has shit for content for a long time, but is still a huge and successful franchise.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Fire Bonnie. Bring Marcus Lehto and Marty on board. Fire Frankie. See how the rest of this season goes for the TV show and then decide on Kiki. Keep Staten.
If they do that they have a chance to pull a FF XIV style relaunch (which could work super well) and people could buy into it, but if they throw it a softie / go through that and build the hype back up (a big reshuffle and relaunch can give that to you) then they risk more long lasting IP damage.

Leyasu

Banned
michael jordan laughing GIF

What the fuck? 2 maps in a year and some armour.

Before the defenders jump on me I have made it clear numerous times just how much I love infinite. But 343 need to go. Or they need to remake the game with an engine that lets them produce results within a reasonable time frame.

It must be something that is slowing everything down

OZ9000

Banned
Is this the year that COD is skipping? Probably factored into this as they’ll get a pass from media at that time as there’ll be a lot less competition.

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
How many people are working on this game?
Becase so far it seems that a handful of fans/modders would put out more content and faster.

Ozriel

M$FT
They shouldn't be hiring people based on there gender and race, ironically that's Sexist and Racist. They should hire people based on the qualification.

There’s nothing in any publicly revealed information that they’ve discarded qualifications when making hires.

Give this childish shit a rest.

Kind of.

When a company celebrates hiring people based on gender and not merit, you know something is wrong.

Stop placing emphasis on gender and sexuality.

You think they’re picking up any random black man off the streets?

Stick to the facts we saw in the Schreier article. The project has been mismanaged.

Last edited:

OZ9000

Banned
You think they’re picking up any random black man off the streets?

Stick to the facts we saw in the Schreier article. The project has been mismanaged.
Who said anything about race and black individuals?

The project is most certainly mismanaged.

But when your staff are incapable of actually delivering goods, it's perhaps time to reconsider your hiring practices. My point is - stop making a certain tickbox category or inclusivity criterion to be sole reason to hire someone for your project.

The only thing which should matter are your credentials.

I am thankful my field does not give a shit about your gender - the only thing which will have you hired are your qualifications. I trust all my colleagues - male or female - because I know they are suitability qualified for the role.

The gaming industry on the other hand seems to push the idea you must hire people based on a certain gender, pronoun, or sexuality.

Last edited:

ShirAhava

Plays with kids toys, in the adult gaming world
They shouldn't be hiring people based on there gender and race, ironically that's Sexist and Racist. They should hire people based on the qualification.

Thats how it should be but

They have to meet these quotas certain people aren't being considered even if they are the better person for the job

This Halo situation makes that obvious

MS is all about ESG scores over quality now

Probably crying himself to sleep every night. Having to manage a dysfunctional studio likely with a revolving door of contractors coming in and contractors going out is not fun. At some point Good Guy Phil needs to take responsibility (he was their direct boss when he was GM of Xbox Game Studios and he has even more say now than he did then).
A live look at Joseph Staten crying himself to sleep

vk5lYuI.gif

All the other studios after watching 343i get away with murder while still getting bankrolled:

pool party GIF by Papas and Beer
Battlefield, cyberpunk, Halo...how many more launches of incomplete, broken or feature empty games are we going to get before the stockholm syndromed shills stop defending these shite practices?

Not to console war in any way shape or form, but it does make me wonder why some companies get away with murder while others are raked over the coals. Is it because people expect less from some companies?

If Nintendo released the next Zelda or Mario as an incomplete, broken, unplayable mess with misleading trailers, ads and marketing, would people defend it as much as Cyberpunk or Battlefield?

Battlefield, cyberpunk, Halo...how many more launches of incomplete, broken or feature empty games are we going to get before the stockholm syndromed shills stop defending these shite practices?

Not to console war in any way shape or form, but it does make me wonder why some companies get away with murder while others are raked over the coals. Is it because people expect less from some companies?

If Nintendo released the next Zelda or Mario as an incomplete, broken, unplayable mess with misleading trailers, ads and marketing, would people defend it as much as Cyberpunk or Battlefield?
Relax bro at the end of the day it still just a fucking video game after all
it for entertainment that it nothing more nothing less
if it sucks and is incomplete drop that shit there are so many games to play from
no need to get attach to a game and get in your feelings over it

Relax bro at the end of the day it still just a fucking video game after all
it for entertainment that it nothing more nothing less
if it sucks and is incomplete drop that shit there are so many games to play from
no need to get attach to a game and get in your feelings over it
I am relaxed and I'm not attaching feelings to anything. I worry for you if your mind links feelings with forum posts.

I do find it interesting from a psychological, sociological and marketing POV that some games get a pass for certain things, and not others (not just talking about Halo in this case). It's strange how people will defend a product being bad over offering constructive criticism in order to make a game that they defend, better. It seems counter-productive. Unless of course they find joy in defending the game, and the worse it is the more joy they get from defending it more. Almost like munchaussens and stockholm syndrome rolled in to one.

I am relaxed and I'm not attaching feelings to anything. I worry for you if your mind links feelings with forum posts.

I do find it interesting from a psychological, sociological and marketing POV that some games get a pass for certain things, and not others (not just talking about Halo in this case). It's strange how people will defend a product being bad over offering constructive criticism in order to make a game that they defend, better. It seems counter-productive. Unless of course they find joy in defending the game, and the worse it is the more joy they get from defending it more. Almost like munchaussens and stockholm syndrome rolled in to one.
IDK bro you sound pretty mess up when you link broken/incomplete games with getting away with murder
just read your post again and tell me if that sound relax or not lmao

Mr.ODST

2 Maps and 3 modes, literally just play MCC as it provides more content, seriously they have messed up huge here.

I work in the esports industry and heard some big teams might pull their brand from HCS due to this as their players are just burnt out already with minimal content.

This isn't good atall.

FireFly

Who said anything about race and black individuals?

The project is most certainly mismanaged.

But when your staff are incapable of actually delivering goods, it's perhaps time to reconsider your hiring practices. My point is - stop making a certain tickbox category or inclusivity criterion to be sole reason to hire someone for your project.

The only thing which should matter are your credentials.

I am thankful my field does not give a shit about your gender - the only thing which will have you hired are your qualifications. I trust all my colleagues - male or female - because I know they are suitability qualified for the role.

The gaming industry on the other hand seems to push the idea you must hire people based on a certain gender, pronoun, or sexuality.
The converse is that it doesn't matter how many well qualified candidates you hire if the fundamental culture and management structure is broken. Just look at what happened at Valve. Or any number of projects since the 90's that have been stuck in development hell.

IDK bro you sound pretty mess up when you link broken/incomplete games with getting away with murder
just read your post again and tell me if that sound relax or not lmao
I really think you're taking all of this a bit to heart. Getting away with murder is just a phrase and saying. If English isn't your first language then I can understand the confusion, but that phrase is said every day to describe the most mundane things.

"Jane didn't hit her targets and nobody said anything. She can get away with murder around here"

FWIW I'm so relaxed I am almost physical and metaphorically vertical.

Spaceman292

Banned
Kind of.

When a company celebrates hiring people based on gender and not merit, you know something is wrong.

Stop placing emphasis on gender and sexuality.
I was joking guys you're not meant to actually agree with me you morons

I really think you're taking all of this a bit to heart. Getting away with murder is just a phrase and saying. If English isn't your first language then I can understand the confusion, but that phrase is said every day to describe the most mundane things.

"Jane didn't hit her targets and nobody said anything. She can get away with murder around here"

FWIW I'm so relaxed I am almost physical and metaphorically vertical.
nah i just never seen anyone compare videogames with murder lol it not that serious

nah i just never seen anyone compare videogames with murder lol it not that serious
I wasn't sure if you were trolling or just a bit...erm...I don't know the word without sounding offensive, but mentally immature/inexperienced/young? Now i'm hoping you're trolling. There's no way, barring a psychological disability, that you could see a phrase like "get away with murder" and think someone is linking games with the actual, physical act of murder without trolling.

You're a strange poster.

Last edited:
I wasn't sure if you were trolling or just a bit...erm...I don't know the word without sounding offensive, but mentally immature/inexperienced/young? Now i'm hoping you're trolling. There's no way, barring a psychological disability, that you could see a phrase like "get away with murder" and think someone is linking games with the actual, physical act of murder without trolling.

You're a strange poster.
Sorry english is my 4th language so the google translate maybe not so correct so i cannot understand if someone is tring to be a smartass lol

II_JumPeR_I

2 Maps and 3 modes, literally just play MCC as it provides more content, seriously they have messed up huge here.

I work in the esports industry and heard some big teams might pull their brand from HCS due to this as their players are just burnt out already with minimal content.

This isn't good atall.
As if that wasnt clear lol
I give Infinite one or two more tournaments until a big drop off from Esport orgs

Just take the l in this one Microsoft and then give halo to treyarch or Id tech , fuck these incompetent bastards ,2 maps in a year for a gaas game get the fuck out of here indie developers can pump out more content ,

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Halo dev been watching walking dead and attack on Titian to figure out what a season is….

1 season = 3 years…

Just take the l in this one Microsoft and then give halo to treyarch or Id tech , fuck these incompetent bastards ,2 maps in a year for a gaas game get the fuck out of here indie developers can pump out more content ,
If ID Tech and Treyarch are smart they stay the hell away from Halo cause one wrong move and the Fans will tear them a new one
that why i can't see any other studio touching Halo cause no other Dev want that kind of heat
so Halo fans are stuck with 343 whether they like it or not maybe Certain Affinity will get Halo full time since they already working on it now
but i can't see any other Devs destroying their career over Halo anymore

VN1X

Banned
RAVEN SOFTWARE LETS GOOOO

Dick Jones

Gold Member
I'd give Staten the benefit of the doubt. I'd say he wasn't given enough time to fix 343's mess and no opportunity to delay it again. The starvation in this season looks like they are resetting behind the scenes. A push in November with a relaunch could save the game with then future regular content releases. 343 is a disgrace and needs the deadwood gone.

Top Bottom