• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Season 2 extended until November 7

ChorizoPicozo

Gold Member
It seem you know how everything works maybe Phil should get you to work on fixing Halo since you seem to have all the answer :messenger_smirking:
also you should be running Bethesda and Activison
i am just spitting facts. I live in reality. if I hurt your feelings, I am sorry Mr. Craig. I feel ashamed and I will do better next time.

Jaybe

They said campaign coop would be in season 2, so they went ahead and made season 2 three months longer 😂

Think About It Reaction GIF by Identity

ChorizoPicozo

Gold Member
Except actual Halo games got more support than infinite the "live service" game has received.

Excluding the pre XBL Halo:CE, every previous game received at least double the post launch content that infinite has and they also weren't missing basic features and game modes to start off with.

So Halo isn't the problem, 343 is simply incompetent.
As I said before. Halo is the problem. Cuz is not good enough JUST to be Halo anymore.

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
As I said before. Halo is the problem. Cuz is not good enough JUST to be Halo anymore.
Infinite isn't "just halo" though.

Infinite has received the smallest amount of post launch support of literally every other FPS named "Halo" with the sole exception of Halo:CE and the debatable Halo 3 expansion ODST.

It's a "live service" game that literally hasn't had a "live service"

So again, Halo isn't the problem, 343 is.

i am just spitting facts. I live in reality. if I hurt your feelings, I am sorry Mr. Craig. I feel ashamed and I will do better next time.
Them are your opinion not facts unless you know Phil personally or have insider knowledge info on Bethesda and Activision it is not a fact it a opinion

ChorizoPicozo

Gold Member
Infinite isn't "just halo" though.

Infinite has received the smallest amount of post launch support of literally every other FPS named "Halo" with the sole exception of Halo:CE and the debatable Halo 3 expansion ODST.

It's a "live service" game that literally hasn't had a "live service"

So again, Halo isn't the problem, 343 is.
You are right. And yes, 343i is the main issue.

ChorizoPicozo

Gold Member
Them are your opinion not facts unless you know Phil personally or have insider knowledge info on Bethesda and Activision it is not a fact it a opinion
Is public information bro. There is even an interview with Bonnie talking about the tech issue.

Also they themselves said Bethesda is working as a subsidiary.

And....are you going to ignore what's happening inside a Acti-Blizz?... That ain't cool bro.

Is public information bro. There is even an interview with Bonnie talking about the tech issue.

Also they themselves said Bethesda is working as a subsidiary.

And....are you going to ignore what's happening inside a Acti-Blizz?... That ain't cool bro.
Honestly i don't care what happen in Activision it none of my business as a gamer that love gaming i care about the games that it i leave the politics and other stuff alone lol and Bethesda will be very important to Microsoft once Starfield comes and Elder Scrolls 6

Esca

As a day one Halo fan I knew we were in trouble when bungie gtfo. Kept optimism high for Halo 4, ugh. Have some hope as a sucker for 5. I was done. Then the mcc came out i was very interested in it for the games I did like in. To learn the state it was in was the final blow for me and I figure it is dead. I'll give Halo another shot when another developer takes a Crack at it

ChorizoPicozo

Gold Member
Honestly i don't care what happen in Activision it none of my business as a gamer that love gaming
I can respect that. And you will not be canceled (by me) for that either. I don't care as well (as a gamer).

i care about the games that it i leave the politics and other stuff alone lol
Yep. So do I (as a gamer).

and Bethesda will be very important to Microsoft once Starfield comes and Elder Scrolls 6
No one is saying other wise. And Acti-Blizz will be as important if not even more so.

Krappadizzle

Gold Member
As a day one Halo fan I knew we were in trouble when bungie gtfo. Kept optimism high for Halo 4, ugh. Have some hope as a sucker for 5. I was done. Then the mcc came out i was very interested in it for the games I did like in. To learn the state it was in was the final blow for me and I figure it is dead. I'll give Halo another shot when another developer takes a Crack at it
The MCC is in AMAZING shape right now. It was atrocious on launch, but it's in amazing shape right now. It regularly goes on sale and for like $20 or so, hell I payed full price on launch and am fine thinking back because it's a great time now and exactly what a Halo fan would like. Even if only to play the original trilogy as co-op, buddy games, well worth the price of admission. They even added a new Flood Firefight co-op mode and it's really awesome.

Esca

The MCC is in AMAZING shape right now. It was atrocious on launch, but it's in amazing shape right now. It regularly goes on sale and for like $20 or so, hell I payed full price on launch and am fine thinking back because it's a great time now and exactly what a Halo fan would like. Even if only to play the original trilogy as co-op, buddy games, well worth the price of admission. They even added a new Flood Firefight co-op mode and it's really awesome.
I knew they turned it around in the last life 5 years which is great.
My problem now is, my feeling for Halo is I don't care anymore and it all is because 343i
Hopefully in sometime i get nostalgic on the older ones and grab it on steam then.

But great recommendation none the less , thank you

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
It's a great game that is starved for content. A missed opportunity. At this point, only BR can save it.

Last edited:

Jennings

This is going to be spectacular timing for season 3 to drop right in the middle of the Black Friday->Christmas Holiday season. This is Microsoft playing chess twelve moves ahead. What a brilliant strategy that will pay off in spades, especially when Starfield gets pushed back soon, giving Halo the chance to do all the heavy lifting for Xbox through the holidays. What a cunningly monumental decision.

Last edited:
I dunno m@n. Halo just doesn't look appealing in this new era of multiplayer games. And they are between a rock and a hard place.

They can't do anything new cuz old fans get angry, they can't stay the same cuz they will fall into irrelevance, so?

add the incompetence of 343i and boom, you have the brand that defined Xbox identity in limbo.
Huh, the aspect of it that was universally praised was the game play...its in a slump due to a lack of content but like MCC most people won't care about the down period while its still getting off the ground. Acting like this games is DOA is silly. Its fine.

ChorizoPicozo

Gold Member
Huh, the aspect of it that was universally praised was the game play...its in a slump due to a lack of content but like MCC most people won't care about the down period while its still getting off the ground. Acting like this games is DOA is silly. Its fine.
I am not saying is DOA.

Fine?....i wouldn't go that far either.

Ozzie666

This was supposed to be a 10 year plan, I don't see how you can recover from this, damage is already done. They keep tripping up like this, there will be no audience left worth developing for.

Nyxir

Yeah I’ve been trying to be positive all this time. Specially when the core gameplay is one of the best if not the best. But man what a let down.
This game is a testament of how shitty Microsoft run their studios. I am sorry but its the truth. Is this how you handle your iconic IP?
Its so freaking frustrating. Hands off approach. Lol more like non existential upper management.

Yeah I’ve been trying to be positive all this time. Specially when the core gameplay is one of the best if not the best. But man what a let down.
This game is a testament of how shitty Microsoft run their studios. I am sorry but its the truth. Is this how you handle your iconic IP?
Its so freaking frustrating. Hands off approach. Lol more like non existential upper management.
Microsoft iconic shooter IP is no longer Halo im afraid it now Call of Duty

Even by this twisted logic. They didn’t know that in the past 6 years.
That 343 fault they just work way to slow and MS don't care to make them work faster
Halo will be a after thought now that MS focus is Call of Duty after the buyout

= Xbox is not managing their studios. There are also other examples.

You don’t know that. And that doesn’t make any sense since CoD will supposedly remain multiplat.
COD is way bigger & more popular IP and sell way more then Halo
It is what it is & COD staying Multiplat make no difference MS still make money from it on PlayStation Consoles too
Im saying this as a big Halo fan but i can't deny what i am seeing
Halo will be a after thought

I loved the single player, and don’t play multiplayer, but even I’m starting to feel like they have really fucked this up. What a waste.

My dreams of regular campaign updates with new story content seem complete folly at this stage. Playing the ‘health and wellness’ card now too as an excuse is lame af.

onesvenus

this game needs a mercy killing at this point... it's hard to look at
It's not. It's an amazing game that lacks content. Once the content is there, it'll shine again. It's not like it's the first live-service games that releases without content and keeps growing until it gets to a point where it's great.

That's 2 released maps in the first year...
Yeah, it's crazy. I love that they are trying to avoid crunch and looking for the health of the employees first but it seems that, with how big 343i is, they should be able to create more content faster.

You own actual studios now, Microsoft. Take 343 off of your flagship franchise before it's dead.
Spoiler: it won't die

Nydius

What a fucking dumpster fire.
Took the words out of my mouth. 2 maps in 6 months, and probably another 6 months before anymore are added. Half-assing releases and taking years to fix them has become 343's trademark. They did it with H5 and MCC, and I just don't have the wherewithal to go through this bullshit a third time.

343 hasn't learned a single fucking thing from any of their previous cock-ups and are inexplicably getting worse with each release.

Seems liek a weird choice to launch season 3 in November with MW2 and Starfield

I saw the Season 3 release date and laughed my ass off. It's literally three days before one of the biggest launches for Microsoft's fall lineup. They didn't think that timing through at all. Either that or they really think there's no overlap between people playing multiplayer Halo and single player Starfield.

Last edited:
You know they fucked up when even hardcore halo and xbox fans have turned on them. Questions need to be asked about why 343i are so unproductive and slow. How many years do they need? 10?

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Yeah, no excuses that's shocking. What a joke of a studio.

This game has been killed by the studio within a year of launch...bravo. players won't come back for this.

Last edited:

ZywyPL

Banned
We know we need to deliver more content and more features more quickly. Staying true to priority zero means that sometimes we need to slow down in order to stay healthy and move faster later. But we’re also aggressively looking at ways to accelerate.

Thinking Think GIF by Rodney Dangerfield

It just means it's gonna be smoother, but not necessarily faster ;)

Sheesh.
Halo MCC took 5+ years to finally fix.
It seems Infinite is on a similar path. Looks like 2 years past launch until we get an acceptable number of maps.

Feels bad man. But im a Halo fan - im used to waiting at this point. :messenger_anxious:

Well they said Infinite is a 10 years plan so...

DAHGAMING

Gold Member
Do these boys know there are 4 seasons in a year ? This is mother fucker year 1 , get this mob on the crunch, no summer for them lock the door on them Big Phil come on, my soyness cant take it much more.

Nah I still love this game, as a casual player its ok the only thing id like is a few more maps but this is going to loose alot of players and go down the Halo 5 route where it will have a dedicated fan base but will fall way down on players more so than it has already.

Lord Panda

The Sea is Always Right
Management of 343i should be given their marching orders.

Halo franchise has been a joke under the stewardship of 343i, and I’m freaking surprised why this studio hasn’t been given the Papa EA treatment.

Top Bottom