• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Season 2 extended until November 7

Banjo64

cumsessed
Ho Lee Fuk I’m dead 💀

HaloInfinite-2022Roadmap-April.jpg

Season 2, slated as the first 3 month season, has now been extended until November.

343 need taking out back.

Naked Lunch

Sheesh.
Halo MCC took 5+ years to finally fix.
It seems Infinite is on a similar path. Looks like 2 years past launch until we get an acceptable number of maps.

Feels bad man. But im a Halo fan - im used to waiting at this point. :messenger_anxious:

Ozriel

M$FT
I really don’t understand these constant talks about ‘team health’.

Sure, you crunched like mad to get the release done, but ‘team health’ was already banked ages ago as a reason for the 6 month wait for Season 2.

Using that card again makes no sense.

Also the bit about implementing QOL fixes AFTER Season 2 drops is weird.

What is Staten doing?

What does 343i have on Phil...

They should have been pulled from Halo years ago.
To tell you the truth i don't really think Halo is a big priority for Phil or Xbox anymore
they already said Infinite will be a 10 year game so they will give slow update for 10 years
but it clear that their priority is with Bethesda and Activision now

ChorizoPicozo

Gold Member
I dunno m@n. Halo just doesn't look appealing in this new era of multiplayer games. And they are between a rock and a hard place.

They can't do anything new cuz old fans get angry, they can't stay the same cuz they will fall into irrelevance, so?

add the incompetence of 343i and boom, you have the brand that defined Xbox identity in limbo.

ChorizoPicozo

Gold Member
But it does as they have not pressure 343 to work faster or anything they just let 343 do whatever they want how ever slow they want
We don't really know that.

It seems to me that the situation is fucked in so many levels.

1.343i didn't invest in technology/tools for a log time. They did for this game...that ain't easy/fast. And it creates a lot constrains

2. Lack of direction/vision. Past vs future. Old vs new. Bungie vs 343i.

3. The way 343i works. A lot of contract workers = high turnover, slow paced development.

as their priority is on Bethesda New Games and Activison Call of Duty franchise
I dunno what you mean with 'priority' MS is spending the bick bucks on Halo.

Bethesda is working as a subsidiary. They have their own management, better pray MS/Phill don't mess up that trying to change shit.

Activision is a mess.

In other words: is not like Halo is not a priority for Phill, is just like 343i has fucked up so many times AND we know how 'Hands-Free' Phill is. But I am gonna say....Phill is to blame here. He has not the balls to fire Bonnie Ross. (Or whoever ever is responsible for the current state of the brand).

Krappadizzle

Gold Member
Life Its Worse GIF

Game should have been fucking pushed untill November 2022.
Yeah, really should have. I didn't hate my time with it, but I'd have rather waited and got a full Halo experience that felt like a full game rather than what we've got. If this is what's on order, I mean...by the time the rest of the content comes out, we will have been left almost a year with some modes that should have been their day one and two new maps. Why did they even release it if this is what they have to do get it in the shape it should have been day one?

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
I dunno m@n. Halo just doesn't look appealing in this new era of multiplayer games.
The hype and popularity around launch disagrees with you.

First actual Halo game in more than 10 years, people wanted that shit so much.

343 pissed away any chance they had by giving the game virtually zero support post launch and having egregiously shit microtransactions infecting the game.

Hari Seldon

I really like this game and it angers me off that this game isn't given to a far more competent dev. Maybe MS is waiting for the deal to close before handing it to a COD dev? But they have ID who are god tier FPS devs. Whatever. I can't be too mad based on a game I still haven't spent any fucking money on lmao.

Bottom line is that the multiplayer mode cost you nothing. And it’s designed as a live service game that will get better over time.

If you can’t wait for that, then uninstall it and move on from Halo. Cheers

You said this in the other thread

LOL.
Well, there’s no defending 343i after this.

Another 6 month season. Shameful levels of delivery

Now you're saying this.

Respect to you. Not many people would about turn so quick and be open and honest about it.

ChorizoPicozo

Gold Member
The hype and popularity around launch disagrees with you.
Cuz is Halo, you know. The Halo that defined not just a generation But a console itself.

Just gameplay ain't enough these days. (Thats what I mean)

First actual Halo game in more than 10 years, people wanted that shit so much.
Yikes. They fucked up big time.
343 pissed away any chance they had by giving the game virtually zero support post launch and having egregiously shit microtransaction
Again, that's what am saying. Just to be Halo is not good enough anymore.

We don't really know that.

It seems to me that the situation is fucked in so many levels.

1.343i didn't invest in technology/tools for a log time. They did for this game...that ain't easy/fast. And it creates a lot constrains

2. Lack of direction/vision. Past vs future. Old vs new. Bungie vs 343i.

3. The way 343i works. A lot of contract workers = high turnover, slow paced development.

I dunno what you mean with 'priority' MS is spending the bick bucks on Halo.

Bethesda is working as a subsidiary. They have their own management, better pray MS/Phill don't mess up that trying to change shit.

Activision is a mess.

In other words: is not like Halo is not a priority for Phill, is just like 343i has fucked up so many times AND we know how 'Hands-Free' Phill is. But I am gonna say....Phill is to blame here. He has not the balls to fire Bonnie Ross. (Or whoever ever is responsible for the current state of the brand).
It seem you know how everything works maybe Phil should get you to work on fixing Halo since you seem to have all the answer :messenger_smirking:
also you should be running Bethesda and Activison

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
Again, that's what am saying. Just to be Halo is not good enough anymore.
Except actual Halo games got more support than infinite the "live service" game has received.

Excluding the pre XBL Halo:CE, every previous game received at least double the post launch content that infinite has and they also weren't missing basic features and game modes to start off with.

So Halo isn't the problem, 343 is simply incompetent.

Top Bottom