• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Infinite to support cross play/progression and other PC gaming updates

Jebron

I just don't know why they allow controllers on PC...
What? You can't be serious... right?

I'm amazed at the amount of people salty about either controller on PC or playing against M&K while on console. If skill-based matchmaking is working properly, it honestly shouldn't matter what input device you're using. Sounds like the typical scrub mentality excuses.

Last edited:

FireFly

What? You can't be serious... right?

I'm amazed at the amount of people salty about either controller on PC or playing against M&K while on console. If skill-based matchmaking is working properly, it honestly shouldn't matter what input device you're using. Sounds like the typical scrub mentality excuses.
I bet they're using controller-based matchmaking like with MCC, so it would be even less of an excuse.

I guess I will stick with Halo 5, because if every match is going to be infested with mouse players and the inevitable computer hackers and cheaters, then what is the point? I guess people don't want fair competition anymore, which to me, is the whole point of playing Halo in the first place.
I have good news for you, they pretty much all separate player pools based on input device, so you would only play against other controller players (I'm a controller player on pc btw)

Personally, I have no problem with playing against mousers because.... As long as the matchmaking system is good, I'll be out against players who are about my skill level (other decent controller players and mousers who suck lol)

Plus aim assist on controllers is a great equalizer. Hell, I'm BETTER with a controller on titanfall 2 than I am with a mouse because the aim assist is so strong for controller players.

The fear based arguments against mixing PC and console players are long dead and buried. I have a blast using my controller on PC in warzone, Apex, halo and titanfall.

Naked Lunch

They will use the M&KB and Controller filters for matchmaking. Its been in MCC for quite a while now.

Admittedly its WAY too easy to snipe in Halo with a mouse and keyboard - it is a problem and a huge advantage of users of that input. You can tell immediately on console if you don't have the input filter on. Insta one shot headshots every time.

Maybe they will make the sniper harder to use in Infinite? If not the input filter is essential.

Top Bottom