• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Infinite: The SlipSpace Engine is a ‘mystical beast’, for 343 Industries

Razvedka

Banned
C++ has been updated many times. You can write safe code in c++. Just use a library if you don’t like the built in memory management.
That's not really what I've read. Google has been very clear where all of their security vulnerabilities lie with Chrome, and what they're trying to do about it.

Hypothetically being able to write safe C++ code in large applications is different then what seems to happen in practice. Bad code can happen in any language, its just that in C++ it is especially egregious.

Last edited:

kuncol02

Banned
Why would you use a software renderer engine in a modern game? it's based on IDTech3 and uses the math for the camera system, the math used to be "owned" by CreativeLabs which prevented folks from ripping it out and replacing it with their own stuff, as in the U.S you can patent.. well, math.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IW_(game_engine)

Flutta

Banned
Captain America Lol GIF by mtv

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
You shit posting in MS game studios threads?

Why yes, I really do concur with that.

I mean, he has a point to be fair.

Seems like 343i had managed to spin a yarn to MS for long enough and this is from someone who likes quite a lot about Halo Infinite. I'm just done with the constant bullshit.

Top Bottom