• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Infinite | Tech Preview Two | Sept 24-27 | Oct 1-3

Naked Lunch

And I'll just say, for whatever reason, this game makes me rage really hard vs. other online games where I tend to just enjoy having fun. Losing in Halo Infinite by getting stomped is really frustrating and just dying a lot in general when you have a bad game or get an unfair matchup made me rage quit at least a couple of times and I'm not the type of person to rage at a video game. For some reason, Halo Infinite is super sweaty and rage inducing for me. I don't know why, maybe I need to git gud still
I think some of that has to do with the very high level of competition on this test. When you think about it, Halo heads have been starved of a new game for six years and even longer for fans who hated Halo 5 and 4 but like the more classic approach of some elements of Infinite. There were hoops you had to jump to even get into the Flight - meaning casual fans werent in there. Basically, this test was filled of tons and tons of Halo freaks whove been thirsty for Halo for a long long time.

For most of the Flight, you had to be on your shit at all times or get wrecked. I had lots of games were I got completely destroyed but also a couple where I had 25+ kills. I think once this hits the 'free to play masses' it wont be so insane intensely competitive in social games at least.

I love that the CTF scoreboard doesnt even list kill/deaths - and focuses on Caps and Returns. You basically have to dig into the menus to find kill deaths per match. This hopefully helps people get more brave to play offense in CTF and stop worrying so much about stats. Also, its cool it names who Caps the Flag on everyone's screen.

Last edited:

twilo99

Halo 5 was a fairly early game in the dynamic scaling game, and it had a near locked 60 due to a really good dynamic system where each axis scales dynamically. The same tech is used here. I don’t think it’s available on the pc version sadly.

They should do it for PC as well.. why not?

It I didn't have a VRR monitor this would've been a rather poor experience

Andodalf

Banned
They should do it for PC as well.. why not?

It I didn't have a VRR monitor this would've been a rather poor experience
I think the exact parameters for independent scaling on each axis are very tight, it’s pretty closely tuned for the specific hardware in the consoles. A more general application would need to be even more aggressive in its scaling.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Posted?:

The best way I can describe how this looks is a larger scale arena shooter. Would I be correct in my assessment?

Because if so then I'll 100% try it out at launch.

Games media is allergic to understanding multiplayer. This comment (time stamped) is insane. Note: Earlier in the video he shows a Covenant weapon that one shots players and vehicles from across the map.

Honeymoon period is irresistible to many it seems.

Last edited:

GHG

Gold Member
The game is good but that guy sounds like a huge fanboy..

That's skill up's style. If he likes something he really likes it. Generally his tastes align with mine so I'll always listen if he rates something.

Anyone know if the F2P multiplayer be available via steam as well?

Last edited:

Gotta keep it real, I'm not the best messenger for this, as I love Halo and love me some Xbox, but I can say with the utmost confidence for me personally, I don't like, and have never liked, console MP shooters. I was hardcore into quake 3 arena and then I was introduced to Counter-Strike 1.5 by a friend and I was hooked to that game on PC for years. Then when 1.6 came, the same followed. It was the primary game I played, and I only became more hooked and dedicated to it once I found out about the competitive scene. My love for seeing those pro matches on HLTV and how good some of the best players were, seeing the strategies, nade assignments, boosts, loving how great the gameplay felt, seeing insane clutch 1v3 or 1v5 situations. Or even how a nice desert eagle headshot could change the tide of a round when your team was saving to be able to afford weapons for the next few rounds and the other team had full guns. My love for Counter-Strike is too much to go into.

I stopped liking it once the move to source happened, and I honestly haven't tried Global Offensive, but maybe I'm just being stubborn. Long story short, that love for CS is why I could never take COD, Halo or any other MP game on console seriously. I'd play the campaigns fine, but could never bother with the MP. Halo Infinite MP recently on Series X is the first MP shooter to excite me as much and offer me as much fun as I've had with Counter-Strike 1.5 and 1.6 for years. It's really that damn good.

twilo99

Gotta keep it real, I'm not the best messenger for this, as I love Halo and love me some Xbox, but I can say with the utmost confidence for me personally, I don't like, and have never liked, console MP shooters. I was hardcore into quake 3 arena and then I was introduced to Counter-Strike 1.5 by a friend and I was hooked to that game on PC for years. Then when 1.6 came, the same followed. It was the primary game I played, and I only became more hooked and dedicated to it once I found out about the competitive scene. My love for seeing those pro matches on HLTV and how good some of the best players were, seeing the strategies, nade assignments, boosts, loving how great the gameplay felt, seeing insane clutch 1v3 or 1v5 situations. Or even how a nice desert eagle headshot could change the tide of a round when your team was saving to be able to afford weapons for the next few rounds and the other team had full guns. My love for Counter-Strike is too much to go into.

I stopped liking it once the move to source happened, and I honestly haven't tried Global Offensive, but maybe I'm just being stubborn. Long story short, that love for CS is why I could never take COD, Halo or any other MP game on console seriously. I'd play the campaigns fine, but could never bother with the MP. Halo Infinite MP recently on Series X is the first MP shooter to excite me as much and offer me as much fun as I've had with Counter-Strike 1.5 and 1.6 for years. It's really that damn good.

I understand you very well and its amazing that this game is brining back that excitement. Good for you! I think you and I grew up playing the same shooters.. I played q3a and 1.5 at the same time, it was tricky since they were so different, but I enjoyed both immensely. One thing I can't relate to is playing a shooter on a console, I just can't do the controller..

I've decided to give infinite at least month when it launches before I decide if I want to be playing it.

What made you stop playing shooters on PC? I guess that doesn't mean much now since you can do mouse and key on the xbox but still

Games media is allergic to understanding multiplayer. This comment (time stamped) is insane. Note: Earlier in the video he shows a Covenant weapon that one shots players and vehicles from across the map.

Honeymoon period is irresistible to many it seems.

That weapon is a projectile based power weapon balanced by the fact that it has a single shot before a reload is necessary, and that reload is lengthy. You're basically a sitting duck of sorts. It's a fantastic weapon btw.

I understand you very well and its amazing that this game is brining back that excitement. Good for you! I think you and I grew up playing the same shooters.. I played q3a and 1.5 at the same time, it was tricky since they were so different, but I enjoyed both immensely. One thing I can't relate to is playing a shooter on a console, I just can't do the controller..

I've decided to give infinite at least month when it launches before I decide if I want to be playing it.

What made you stop playing shooters on PC? I guess that doesn't mean much now since you can do mouse and key on the xbox but still

The culprits follow in this order. Once this man was brought out of retirement by Xbox, and announced these two games, I went out and got my first xbox console ever. Once I invested that deeply into the console because of these games, I then sorta decided to look into all the other games I had been missing out on across consoles due to my obsession with counter-strike.

Tcqhfwc.jpg

WkGLPBE.jpg

578EcQ4.jpg

I was primarily a Playstation, Sega (ready to rumble, mvc 2, sonic adventure, power stone) and Nintendo guy for the biggest releases or whatever caught my interest like DBZ Budokai, NWO vs the World on N64, GTA 3 etc, Final Fantasy, Metal Gear, shadow hearts covenant. I'd play them, but then go right back to my counter-strike scrimming/match/lan games. Once I saw all that I was missing out on in the console space, many things that simply didn't always get a PC release combined with the competitive scene moving to source, which I felt changed the skill gap and made it easier for many, I lost interest in the CS scene. The competitive scene just didn't seem the same to me anymore after that combined with my favorite game developer ever coming back out of retirement. It was the perfect storm, and that's how I abandoned PC shooters mostly and became a console first gamer after previously being PC first.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
That weapon is a projectile based power weapon balanced by the fact that it has a single shot before a reload is necessary, and that reload is lengthy. You're basically a sitting duck of sorts. It's a fantastic weapon btw.

Any weapon that gives the player the following experience is bad.

"I'm doing good. Doing good. Let me go see what's up here...RESPAWNING IN 10..."

The sign of a truly well designed weapon is if it's fun to use, and fun to be used on. Going from completely unaware of danger to dead in .001 seconds is ass

Complistic

"I'm doing good. Doing good. Let me go see what's up here...RESPAWNING IN 10..."

The sign of a truly well designed weapon is if it's fun to use, and fun to be used on. Going from completely unaware of danger to dead in .001 seconds is ass

What you described isn't any different than what a sniper rifle has been able to do for 5 games.

Did you actually play the beta? It was hardly a overwhelmingly dominating presence in all the games played. In fact, the risk associated with it often had me not pick it up. It's balanced out excellently by the rest of the sandbox. You either hit your shot or else once your spotted your ass is grass. I often surprised many who were wielding the weapon. It's perfectly balanced.

The sniper in Halo has always been capable of one shots. I don't see how this purpose designed weapon is any different. Also, that motherfucker will come in handy in the campaign for specific vehicle based threats.

Posted?:

The best way I can describe how this looks is a larger scale arena shooter. Would I be correct in my assessment?

Because if so then I'll 100% try it out at launch.

Yep, around 16:45 he nails it exactly. Paraphrased -

No other beta felt this balanced and polished meaning never felt unfair. Why is this so fun? It's a physics based sandbox where it's not just about 3 or 4 perfect shot repeatedly. It's a hog that hits a rock and you pirouette while you continue to turret. It's hurtling off a grav list holding an energy coil throwing it at a hog going for a triple kill. It's browsing the social media clips seeing what people have pulled off in this sandbox.

Exactly. Halo is more than just the hardcore competitive mini-arena. It's a far wider fun arena-based sandbox.

Aside from my gripes with a few things like aiming issues or the map Recharge being too chaotic etc I'm super impressed with what has been put together. The foundation they have is going to deliver time and time again throughout the tweaks, fixes, change and content sustain for years to come. This game is going to be big.

I doubt you watched the whole video, you would have heard he hated Halo 5 (in his own words in this video).

Reactions: GHG

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Did you actually play the beta? It was hardly a overwhelmingly dominating presence in all the games played. In fact, the risk associated with it often had me not pick it up. It's balanced out excellently by the rest of the sandbox. You either hit your shot or else once your spotted your ass is grass. I often surprised many who were wielding the weapon. It's perfectly balanced.

The sniper in Halo has always been capable of one shots. I don't see how this purpose designed weapon is any different. Also, that motherfucker will come in handy in the campaign for specific vehicle based threats.

How is a one shot weapon "balanced out excellently by the rest of the sandbox"? Is it's presence muted by the sandbox?

Did you cheer your opponent for making a good play on you as was said in the video? The idea that losing is fun in Halo Infinite is laughable and it's probably the games primary weakness.

I played the flight for about 20-25 minutes but kept thinking "I played this game 20 years ago" before firing up Fortnite. It definitely doesn't give me that "next big thing" feeling.

Last edited:
How is a one shot weapon "balanced out excellently by the rest of the sandbox"? Is it's presence muted by the sandbox?

Did you cheer your opponent for making a good play on you as was said in the video? The idea that losing is fun in Halo Infinite is laughable and it's probably the games primary weakness.

I played the flight for about 20-25 minutes but kept thinking "I played this game 20 years ago" before firing up Fortnite. It definitely doesn't give me that "next big thing" feeling.

Actually, yes!!! I got my fucking ass stomped on my first game on Behemoth. It was atrociously bad. Like 1 kill and like 29 deaths. I was being utterly stomped, and was having fun the entire way through because I'm not a baby about losing. If I'm getting my ass kicked, I understand why, and I see what adjustments must be made, and how I need to get better. Sometimes it just isn't your day or your match, and that's okay. If you can't have fun even when you're losing then I think you're playing for all the wrong reasons.

I went and did a 4 hour bot session with marine level bots, and I came out wayyyy better. Started racking up 22+ kill matches, consistently being in the top of the matches I played.

It didn't give you next big thing vibes, but it certainly gave them to me. Perhaps I'll be wrong, but I know a damn good game when I'm playing one, and Halo Infinite, based on what I was playing, has potential juggernaut written all over it.

Last edited:

jigglet

Banned
Is anyone else surprised at how little discussion there has been about the removal of friendly fire? Every minuscule change in the Halo franchise has been met with so much scrutiny. I assumed this one would be a hot point of contention but I've barely seen anyone discuss it. Thoughts?

h00ters

Is anyone else surprised at how little discussion there has been about the removal of friendly fire? Every minuscule change in the Halo franchise has been met with so much scrutiny. I assumed this one would be a hot point of contention but I've barely seen anyone discuss it. Thoughts?
Good point. Yet you can still splatter your team mates in a vehicle.

Complistic

I'm starting to like it being off in social play lists. I think it should be enabled, along with player collision, in competitive game modes though.

Without some sort of aggressive friendly damage detecting auto ban system, I think it could get pretty awful.

jigglet

Banned
I'm starting to like it being off in social play lists. I think it should be enabled, along with player collision, in competitive game modes though.

Without some sort of aggressive friendly damage detecting auto ban system, I think it could get pretty awful.

Yeah I imagine three team mates throwing in nades, then a 4th rushing in there with a shotgun. Maybe there's no uproar now but you're right once competitive kicks off I can imagine it being a big issue.

Complistic

Yeah I imagine three team mates throwing in nades, then a 4th rushing in there with a shotgun. Maybe there's no uproar now but you're right once competitive kicks off I can imagine it being a big issue.

The biggest issue is grenade/aoe spam I feel. When I see a friendly and enemy in close quarters, my initial reaction with friendly fire off is to throw a grenade in there since it can only help. It sorta of eliminates the need for me to consider where i throw the grenade or where i fire the ravager. It for sure simplifies things a bit in a way I don't like.

Social I don't really care, because that's just suppose to be fun.

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess

When I got sniped by a player I had no idea was looking at me all I thought is I should be more proactive about having unpredictable movement and pay more attention to sight lines that I am exposing myself too.

When I got killed by a player who jumped a corner with rockets I just thought I should be more mindful of what, when and where weapons are.

When I got killed by a random sticky grenade I just thought damn that dude got lucky but fair play.

One hit weapons have existed in Halo since day zero. They aren't a problem because they are classed as power weapons and are balanced through ease of use, ammunition available and overall weapon frequency.

It probably won't be that way for competitive 4v4 playlists when launched, it's probably a good thing for 12v12 BTB modes though.

Little Chicken

Gold Member
Visually, it looks great, some of the footage I saw was really nice, so I'm surprised MS hare holding campaign footage so close to their chests at this stage.

YukiOnna

Visually, it looks great, some of the footage I saw was really nice, so I'm surprised MS hare holding campaign footage so close to their chests at this stage.
If Staten restructuring the entire campaign thing is true, probably rather focus on ironing out any bugs and polish it before spending time creating more material for promotion at this point. My only guess.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
When I got sniped by a player I had no idea was looking at me all I thought is I should be more proactive about having unpredictable movement and pay more attention to sight lines that I am exposing myself too.

When I got killed by a player who jumped a corner with rockets I just thought I should be more mindful of what, when and where weapons are.

When I got killed by a random sticky grenade I just thought damn that dude got lucky but fair play.

One hit weapons have existed in Halo since day zero. They aren't a problem because they are classed as power weapons and are balanced through ease of use, ammunition available and overall weapon frequency.

What was

Vs.

What is/can be.

Everything you listed has been done to death in multiplayer for decades. It's 2001 era design. Why settle for the same thing with slightly higher fidelity?!

What was

Vs.

What is/can be.

Everything you listed has been done to death in multiplayer for decades. It's 2001 era design. Why settle for the same thing with slightly higher fidelity?!

Everything he just mentioned is basic occurrences in any game with guns and grenades. What is 2001 era about any of what they said? The biggest mistake of many games lately is thinking they need to drastically reinvent the wheel or force to do something new. Sometimes things don't need a reinventing. Just a refocusing and the proper degree of polish.

It plays better if they just knock it out of the park at launch. They had the bad press/reactions combined with delays already and launch is when they can capitalise on being the most improved kid on the block. They've exceeded expectations with the recent flights, let that goodwill carry forward for a bit.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Everything he just mentioned is basic occurrences in any game with guns and grenades. What is 2001 era about any of what they said? The biggest mistake of many games lately is thinking they need to drastically reinvent the wheel or force to do something new. Sometimes things don't need a reinventing. Just a refocusing and the proper degree of polish.

So from one side, I understand that people like certain formulas.

As a kid, I thought Power Stone was the next evolution of fighting games. I assumed 2D Street Fighter games were growing stale and it was going to morph into something more interesting. Then Power Stone fizzled and 2D Street Fighter made a resurgence. I was a damn fool.

That being said, I don't think Halo should settle into becoming a niche retro style game. It should be Microsofts flagship franchise that pushes the medium forward, much like Halo Combat Evolved did. Hell, "combat evolved" is pretty ironic now, don't you think? It's like maaaaaybe they should call this one "combat refined".

Halo was once a game that led in creating interesting combat situations. Now, post BR revolution, it feels like it dropped out of the pack.

Havoc2049

The Infinite AR can shred your shields from all the way across the map in BTB. Thats a problem. Hopefully it gets adjusted.

Fragmentation is already an all time great Halo map in my eyes. I could play on that map all day.
They really nailed the 'being in a massive forest' vibe. Since 343 is in Seattle - they probably said just go outside and make that. Being a sneaky, crouch walking, CTF player on offense allowed me to really take in the aesthetic of the map. The huge amount of foliage. The near perfect lighting. The ambient sounds of winds, trees creaking, birds calls in the distance. They even added some wild animals running around in spots of the map. Fragmentation looks more Halo than any map 343 has ever made.

I love that you can rocket jump with the repulsor. I was able to rocket jump on top of the hex blocks high above above the first flag location with the sniper rifle.

Not sure how I feel about the scope shining glint from ranged weapons. I noticed even the BR and Commando have it in addition to of course the sniper and shock rifles. Does the glint always shine - or only when you are zoomed?
I agree, the AR is way too powerful at mid-range. An AR vs BR battle at 50-100 yards is a crap shoot now and can go either way.

I also agree about the sniper rifle. As it is now, it's a shinning beacon on a hill to seek cover and is just stupid bright.

I'm also not a big fan of NUMEROUS assists in the game showing everybody and their mother where everything and everyone is at, all the time. Yet the short range radar is crap and I'm constantly surprised by people showing up right next to me that weren't on the radar.

Overall l had fun and I really enjoyed the flight, but there needs to be some adjustments.

jigglet

Banned

As a kid, I thought Power Stone was the next evolution of fighting games. I assumed 2D Street Fighter games were growing stale and it was going to morph into something more interesting. Then Power Stone fizzled and 2D Street Fighter made a resurgence. I was a damn fool.

That being said, I don't think Halo should settle into becoming a niche retro style game. It should be Microsofts flagship franchise that pushes the medium forward, much like Halo Combat Evolved did. Hell, "combat evolved" is pretty ironic now, don't you think? It's like maaaaaybe they should call this one "combat refined".

Halo was once a game that led in creating interesting combat situations. Now, post BR revolution, it feels like it dropped out of the pack.

I think you're kind of misrepresenting how much they've tried to mix things up.

Halo 4 was a massive departure - it featured a completely new gameplay system...loadouts, ADS, new mechanics.

Halo 5 was dialed it back in as far as gameplay systems go, but massively overhauled their control system - thrusters, ground pound, charge attacks, the no sprint shield recharge mechanic. If you counted the sheer number of additions, you could even make the argument it added more to the sandbox than Advance Warfare, Black Ops 3, and Titan Fall. A lot of people hated this though (I wasn't one of them). And that's not to even speak about the new modes...Warzone mode, that 2v2 mode before MW2019 copied it...

Things have evolved yet again. I don't think you can describe Halo as a franchise that hasn't tried new things. There wouldn't be so much uproar if they didn't.

Last edited:

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
I think you're kind of misrepresenting how little they've tried to mix things up.

Halo 4 was a massive departure - it featured a completely new gameplay system...loadouts, ADS, new mechanics.

Halo 5 was dialed it back in as far as gameplay systems go, but massively overhauled their control system - thrusters, ground pound, charging, if you counted the sheer number of additions, you could even make the argument it added more than Advance Warfare, Black Ops 3, and Titan Fall to the sandbox. A lot of people hated this though (I wasn't one of them).

Things have evolved yet again.

They've "evolved" like Street Fighter 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 etc have evolved.

Fans of Street Fighter will tell non fans like me how radically different all the mainline Street Fighters are. From the wider perspective though, Street Fighter 1 and 2 were the big industry leading revolutions and everything after just kind of adheres to the formula.

Combat Evolved was a revelation. Halo Infinite doesn't remotely even try to be.

And that's OK I guess. I just think it's sad when creative risks aren't taken because risks are scary or difficult. Easy for me to say watching from the sidelines I suppose.

jigglet

Banned

Fans of Street Fighter will tell non fans like me how radically different all the mainline Street Fighters are. From the wider perspective though, Street Fighter 1 and 2 were the big industry leading revolutions and everything after just kind of adheres to the formula.

And that's OK I guess. I just think it's sad when creative risks aren't taken because risks are scary or difficult. Easy for me to say watching from the sidelines I suppose.

That's where I disagree. 4 was basically "let's burn this shit down and start from scratch". I mean it felt like such a radical departure from the franchise it wasn't funny. To be clear, I'm only talking about MP.

5 was like "let's see how many new things we can throw at the franchise before people implode".

They were massive, massive departures. I don't think they were small incremental bumps at all.

Last edited:

But sounds like you just want it to be another battle royale. They're pushing Halo forward by changing campaign into a major evolution over the traditional formula. This one represents a big change because it's a large open worldish designed Halo campaign with a tac map, optional objectives, more interesting things to find and discover in the environments, more animal life, ally bases, enemy strongholds, assassination missions, more things to discover in the world etc. They are making the most ambitious Halo campaign ever. Even the inclusion of the grapple hook is game changing in how it allows you to reach for and access parts of the world that weren't as easily or as quickly accessible in past Halo titles.

You talking about multi or campaign? Realistically the biggest thing Halo did across both was controllers in FPS and design limitations such as two weapons only etc. When you compare to games like DOOM/Quake and other arena titles on PC well before CE it's the console FPS portion + tight story + splitscreen multi that really pushed it forward. We have to recognise how drastic a change that is and what a golden time it was for so much to be evolving. Realistically Battle Royale games and PC mods the likes of say Minecraft are our creative risks breaking genres or mechanics as did CE. Of course Halo 2 and XBL broke the mould again. I don't expect that level of risk from any modern game really, it's lightning in a bottle and it's very hard to build that out.

As for gameplay risks Halo only ever needs brilliant maps and modes with freshness added e.g. the way Infinite brings threat detector or portal shield or grapplehook as pickups. Interesting weapons and vehicles fill out the rest. Honestly Infinite flights show me how true that statement remains. Games like Apex show me that statement is still held true by the genre creation of Battle Royale as well. Maps like Olympus got stale after hundreds of times. However the seasonal changes to what you know and love suits developers and gamers alike. Fresh content without the drastic needs for a different game annualised. It's seasonal and you play what sticks with you.

Halo Infinite will grow into more over the years. It will have more risks and segment chasing. What Halo 4 and 5 showed us is 343 needed to get back to the great maps and modes with classic freshness. They can build out from that base and retain and attract more players, opposed to what happened with the last two titles where population was lost, word of mouth killed them and the wonderful sustain of 4 or 5 years after launch never brought the masses back. Infinite is really a maturing and an evolution rather than a revolution.

I still want to it called Combat Evolved, it's more apt than ever.

Last edited:

Jemm

I understand some people wanting major changes in Halo to keep it fresh, but even from this thread you can see how even slight changes (dash/sprint etc) anger the Halo-veterans, who know every nuance of the game. Quite hard for 343 to please everyone.

I have really played Halo MP in this latest Flight and really like it, even though I haven't played arena shooters for a while.

I come from mostly PUBG background and I'd love to see Halo BR as a game mode, as long as it doesn't hurt the traditional modes. Even the most vocal PUBG-players/streamers are getting tired of how the PUBG is managed and are looking at other games. If Halo had a good BR-mode, it could lure those people (me included) once and for all ;)

BigLee74

I couldn’t think of anything worse than a Halo battle Royale. Massive TTK with auto generating shields, weapons without attachments?

Nah. Maybe a bigger BTB would work, with multiple objectives at the same time to generate several areas of interest?

But Battle Royale? Nope!

YukiOnna

I couldn’t think of anything worse than a Halo battle Royale. Massive TTK with auto generating shields, weapons without attachments?

Nah. Maybe a bigger BTB would work, with multiple objectives at the same time to generate several areas of interest?

But Battle Royale? Nope!
Apparently there is one in development according to some insiders and then the audio file leak, but it would have to be its own thing since it needs to be designed around pick-up loot, etc. If it is truly in development. Honestly, I'm okay without BR but I won't lie it would be a lot of fun if they are intending to release one eventually. But right now, I'm plenty happy with the new BTB and hopefully return of Firefight.

Last edited:

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
I would welcome a battle royal with drop pods. That could be cool.

But screaming for a rapid departure is crazy to me. Look at any shooter that's successful, cod, battlefield, unreal etc. They all have their foundations that they are built on and instantly can be picked up and felt what franchise it is.

This halo is the same and if you want something vastly different you need to just play something else.

I think they've nailed it. A few tweaks and it's there.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not

But Battle Royale? Nope!

If Warzone is coming back attachments might be coming back too.
The TTK is fine even for a Battle Royale, probably not 100+ players but a BR would work.

kuncol02

Banned

Quake 3 raillgun is bad gun? AWP in CS is bad gun?

Top Bottom