• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Infinite | Tech Preview Two | Sept 24-27 | Oct 1-3

Codes 208

For new pc players heres a little advise to get your frames up:
-change the minimum framerate to off
-change the max framerate to unlocked
-turn OFF vsync
-regardless of your settings make sure geometry and terrain settings are set to ultra

this should increase your fps. I went from like 20-24 to averaging 60-70 on my 2070 with maxed settings at 1080p

Last edited:
If you're on PC set maximum frame rate to unlimited, it causes uneven frame pacing. Even 100 fps + will feel like shit with it on.

Last edited:

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
Be carefull, I'm not sure if your allowed to say good things about halo infinite on here, the halo infinite police are watching!!! (I.e. the same 20 people that disparage/make fun of/slam/say everything is or will be bad with halo infinite no matter what one's, you know.......) Here they come now to beak off about a game that isn't out yet......

VN1X

Banned
Runs like shit on my PC (GTX1080) but that 120hz mode on my Series X is fantastic.

Just a shame that I'm atrocious with a controller but I'll have a go this weekend to see how I stack up against actual players.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
just noticed how small those flight windows are. Might just skip mine and wait till Dec when this pissing thing is released.
Yeah its a concurrency test.
They need to hammer the servers as hard as possible.
The easiest way is to force all of us to be playing at the same time.

Off Topic
When they give us that Campaign shit imma lose it!
This has such Halo CE vibes.
1632430538-e-4a-xvgaa3vvk.jpg

1632431373-e-6o9nvkaqglj4.jpg

1632432031-hd-haloinfinite-conceptart-040.jpg

Last edited:

vewn

Yeah it’s running terribly on my PC, somethings up with the frame rate regardless of settings (2080 Ti btw).
I came here to ask about this. It runs pretty smooth but no matter the settings it has the same framerate for me, I set min fps to 144hz and max to 144hz but it hovers in the 70s, I drop everything to medium settings and framerate doesn't change at all, 3080 here.
It does feel pretty smooth with Gsync overall but I want that 144hz.

Does anyone know if it’s possible to start the download to my Series X from an iPhone? I know it’s possible with other games and betas but this is inside the insider app.

elliot5

Does anyone know if it’s possible to start the download to my Series X from an iPhone? I know it’s possible with other games and betas but this is inside the insider app.
If you have a controller nearby you can pair it and remote control your series x via the Xbox app lol

jaysius

Banned
I thought I'd be really into this as I'm loving Splitgate, but I think it turns out I'm just into Splitgate... I felt dirty at first but then quickly shrugged it off.

It looks ok.

I turned BLUR down to 0, fuck BLUR.

The only good BLUR

Naked Lunch

Im wondering if they changed something with the sensitivity and aim assist from the last flight.
Something feels off with the aiming in training v bots - when it was fine in the first.

I struggle setting my aim right with all the deadzone/acceleration/core sensitivity sliders.

Luipadre

Im wondering if they changed something with the sensitivity and aim assist from the last flight.
Something feels off with the aiming in training v bots - when it was fine in the first.

I struggle setting my aim right with all the deadzone/acceleration/core sensitivity sliders.

even after tweaking those settings the aiming is weird af... The default deadzone setting is really bad too

Complistic

They for sure did and it feels way better to me. But that's always going to be a preference thing. It feels like modern aiming in MCC now instead of whatever halo 5 was doing with it's weird aiming.

fatmarco

Are the crosshairs smaller than the last flight? I'm struggling to hit enemies with precision weapons at the moment. It's almost like there's no aim assist.

HTK

Banned
Halo is looking so good.

After Modern Warfare 2019, Warzone, and now Vanguard with all the clutter on the maps and art style with shitty colors that have been hindering visibility and really impacted my way of playing. I'm so happy to see nice clean art on the maps and easy to see everyone. Clean and Simple. Looking forward to it.

Also, this is what excites me about Battlefield 2042 as well, I don't see too much clutter and it looks clean.

cormack12

Gold Member
I like the new aiming, much better. I was worried the new sens changes would fuck me over but they are actually decent

PuffyCan

got invited, cant get the waypoint site to load to figure out how to download
go directly to halowaypoint.com, click on your avatar at the top right corner and select halo insider then look at the bottom of the page for 'Halo Infinite Multiplayer Technical Preview'

BigLee74

Yes aim assist has been reduced significantly in order to balance it for cross play. I think they went too far IMO.
Amazing! Where’s the balance there?

K&M will destroy controllers regardless of how much aim assist is given to controllers, especially in a game like Halo where hit scan weapons rule all.

jigglet

Banned

K&M will destroy controllers regardless of how much aim assist is given to controllers, especially in a game like Halo where hit scan weapons rule all.

With Modern Warfare 2019 PC players complained console gamers had too much aim assist. So I imagine 343i is over compensating based on that.

M.W.

Don't the majority of great Halo players use controller? I thought that was the norm.

Dane

Tried the training for a bit, surprised that the graphics were really fixed and textures, especially on Bazaar, are very detailed.

dorkimoe

go directly to halowaypoint.com, click on your avatar at the top right corner and select halo insider then look at the bottom of the page for 'Halo Infinite Multiplayer Technical Preview'
I loaded up my xbox and it was already there somehow? Oh well cant complain haha. Thank you though!

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Might get an series s for Infinite

Haven't played the beta's but saw some indepth rundowns of weapon behaviour

Banned
Honestly, the classic games feel very much like they cater to the controller. Halo Infinite feels right on M/KB.

that's mainly because the controller settings and controls are pretty behind the times and honestly a bit shit.
every other big shooter on the market does it better.

packy34

Still haven't received a key even though I participated in most of the MCC flights and the previous Infinite test

Man

Top Bottom