• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Infinite | Tech Preview Two | Sept 24-27 | Oct 1-3

cormack12

Gold Member
Feedback from 343 on first Tech Preview: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/technical-preview-outcomes

I know there is a seperate thread for the earlier announcement but figured we could do with an OT for the community stuff and impressions. Download is expected later and may be in waves like previously. Just keep checking the waypoint site or email. Last time email was quicker.

0E8kdQ.jpg

GAF Company and Xbox Club
No pressure, just contribute to the commendations if you want. Nothing serious (no mics required if you don't want to) just a way to feel like you're playing as part of a bigger team or can hop into someone elses game/ask for help/lfg etc. Expect everyone to be shit - that way keep your expectations in place :)

I've set up a private XBox club which you can search for and find as per below:

JqALal.jpg

And I've also set up a spartan company as per below - as I'm not sure if the old one is still active. you must accept the company invite via waypoint

mSBEzq.jpg

Alternatively just ping your GT in here and @ me and I'll invite you to both.

ARENA PvP
schermafbeelding2021-3nkz7.png

BIG TEAM BATTLE 12v12 (BTB) and ARENA
schermafbeelding2021-upksr.png

Tech Preview 2 - Halo Infinite

As stated by the Microsoft team, the primary goal for the tech previews is to test online services at a larger scale than ever before. The secondary goal of the preview is to receive feedback and find additional bugs around the content in the flights.

Tech preview 2 is scheduled to be available to a larger audience of users, including those who may have missed out on the first preview. Check out how to get involved for the second test run.

Game content - Halo Infinite Tech Preview 2

• Social Arena (including objective modes and a new map on Sunday, 26th September)
  • Bot Arena (including objective modes)
  • Big Team Battle (debuting 30th September - 3rd October)
    • Three modes on Fragmentation
  • Training Mode
  • Weapon Drills
  • Customization
  • Battle Pass
  • New Halo Waypoint app & web experiences
Details about what is included within each of these aspects will be highlighted in the tech preview blog and live stream this Wednesday.

Starfield

I dont understand. I received the email that i have been invited but on halo waypoint there is no invitation as of yet

Mr.ODST

I dont understand. I received the email that i have been invited but on halo waypoint there is no invitation as of yet
Might of chosen you for Xbox or PC but it never says, if its PC the invite are not showing on Halo Waypoint yet, if you got selected for Xbox its already in your insider app and you can download it now

Starfield

Might of chosen you for Xbox or PC but it never says, if its PC the invite are not showing on Halo Waypoint yet, if you got selected for Xbox its already in your insider app and you can download it now
I opted out of console, PC only. Normaly I always receive a notification on halo waypoint.com but so far i got nothing

GymWolf

“As stated by the Microsoft team, the primary goal for the tech previews is to test online services at a larger scale than ever before”

For the sake of respecting OP great work, read the first two lines at least.
Sorry my bad, i readed tech and i thought they were talking about engines and stuff.

Althought i still wanna see how the campaign is shaping up...

Last edited:
  • Praise the Sun
Reactions: JLB

JLB

Banned
Sorry my bad, i readed tech and i thought they were talking about engines and stuff.

Althought i still wanna see how the campaign is shaping up...
Gotcha, though a preview of the campaign would be very very dangerous in terms of spoilers.

GymWolf

Gotcha, though a preview of the campaign would be very very dangerous in terms of spoilers.
Not to be that guy, but halo plot, at least in the latest games was kindy shitty and super confusing without reading a couple of books, i really don't think that plot spoilers are the reason to not do previews, especially when games far more story heavy like tlou2 had previews.

NickFire

anthony2690

Banned
Might come across as a stupid question but how do I install the halo infinite insider thing?

I checked the xbox insider app, but no sign off it there.
& I checked the store but only have halo MCC insider app available.

elliot5

Might come across as a stupid question but how do I install the halo infinite insider thing?

I checked the xbox insider app, but no sign off it there.
& I checked the store but only have halo MCC insider app available.
It's in the Xbox insider hub. I was in the last flight so it was still there for me. I'm not sure if this is your first invite if that means you'll just need to wait until later today when they free it up.

My game updated yesterday but it won't let you begin the login screen

FWIW the first flight got delayed big time the day it was supposed to go live with problems so this one might get delayed too. When I got in the previous round it was for PC and Xbox.

I got both for the upcoming ones, will try and play as much as possible but pretty busy this weekend.

anthony2690

Banned
It's in the Xbox insider hub. I was in the last flight so it was still there for me. I'm not sure if this is your first invite if that means you'll just need to wait until later today when they free it up.

My game updated yesterday but it won't let you begin the login screen
Maybe I just need to wait longer then, no sign off it currently :(

I hope 343 can knock it put of the park with this Halo. They have had so much shit, rightly or wrongly (still havent played Halo 4 or 5 yet) over recent years that it would be good if they can give gamers what they want with this Halo.
In all honesty, they have the gameplay locked down and do well there, it's the story and graphics they've needed help with. Halo Infinite, so far, is delivering on Gameplay, Aesthetic, and Graphics as the game looks solid and heavy and keeps up with the clean lines of site for MP. SP is the only thing in question and judging by the leaked updated Brute, Elite and Marine models, they're doing their best to make it look better than their first showing. But even in the initial Campaign trailer, the gameplay looked great there which has also been the case for the MP Tech previews.

YukiOnna

I hope 343 can knock it out of the park with this Halo. They have had so much shit, rightly or wrongly (still havent played Halo 4 or 5 yet) over recent years that it would be good if they can give gamers what they want with this Halo.
I want them to nail all aspects of this game. Sometimes feels like people really want it to fail with some of the reactions to things, so it'd be great if it's another successful flight followed by a successful campaign showing in the next month or so.

Top Bottom