• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Infinite system requirements revealed for PC players

The Halo Infinite system requirements for PC players have been revealed, so you have plenty of time to make sure your rig is ready by December.

Along with revealing that Halo Infinite will arrive on December 8 at Gamescom Opening Night Live 2021, Microsoft also revealed the minimum and recommended system requirements on both the Xbox App and on Steam. Here's what Microsoft says you'll need to play Halo Infinite across the two pages.

Halo Infinite minimum system requirements
  • Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
  • Processor: AMD FX-8370 or Intel i5-4440
  • Graphics: AMD RX 570 or Nvidia GTX 1050 Ti
  • Memory: 8 GB RAM
  • Video Memory: 4 GB
  • DirectX: Version 12 API, Hardware Feature Level 11
  • Storage: 50 GB available space
Halo Infinite recommended system requirements
  • Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
  • Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X or Intel i7-9700k
  • Graphics: Radeon RX 5700 XT or Nvidia RTX 2070
  • Memory: 16 GB RAM
  • Video Memory: 6 GB
  • DirectX: Version 12 API, Hardware Feature Level 11
  • Storage: 50 GB available space
Those recommended specs are nothing to sneeze at, though fortunately it's quite a bit easier to get your hands on a RTX 2070 now that the entire world is trying to find RTX 3080 stock at once. Halo Infinite will feature cross-play and cross-saves through Xbox Play Anywhere, and it will also be included with Xbox Game Pass right at launch.

Last edited:

Kuranghi

They should clarify what these recommended specs are since nowadays it's easy to find people who game on 144 and 240hz displays

Is it recommended for what? 60fps? 120?

Thats too many variables though, you'd need to say which CPU + GPU and resolution. So they could do it but it would be too much information to convey easily.

Stuart360

Gold Member
My 2070s is ready.

but that does seem rather excessive for minimum specs considering this game was designed to operate on a potato (the basic xbox one)
True but the XB1 version could be running at 600p/30 for all we know.

Looks like i might just be able to squeeze 1080p/60 on my PC. I assume these specs are for the campaign right?

Last edited:
They should clarify what these recommended specs are since nowadays it's easy to find people who game on 144 and 240hz displays

Is it recommended for what? 60fps? 120?
Well I have a 3600/RX580 combo and during the technical alpha I was maybe in the 40s at 1080p Low

Codes 208

True but the XB1 version could be running at 600p/30 for all we know.

Looks like i might just be able to squeeze 1080p/60 on my PC. I assume these specs are for the campaign right?
From the flight it seemed to average 720-800p from what i remember

my GTX 540 is ready for potato mode
CreepyInfatuatedLemming-max-1mb.gif

Last edited:

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
Ya but it's series S dragging down next gen, lol. Please.......whats this, about 1/4 the power of the S as a minimum spec?

Last edited:

reksveks

Your missing the point, people keep saying series S is the lowest denominator dragging down next gen, when really it's clearly the PC platform. (And or old consoles)

This

Until the median pc of the pc gaming audience* is greater than the Series S, the Series S isn't the Lowest Common Denominator.

*shit gets rather weird if we start including Cloud Streaming so maybe want to caveat pc gaming audience with some descriptor or prefix.

I wonder if Microsoft are going to copy Shadow aka re-position Windows 365 but for consumers down the line. I would put money on yes, not sure about the execution though

Last edited:

Md Ray

Your missing the point, people keep saying series S is the lowest denominator dragging down next gen, when really it's clearly the PC platform. (And or old consoles)
No, you're missing the point, Xbox One is the lowest common denominator as long as games are being developed for it, not PC. It's so stupid to drag Series S into a PC thread to console war when games are still being developed with a decade old Xbox HW in mind.

Last edited:

BabyYoda

Banned
Well I have a 3600/RX580 combo and during the technical alpha I was maybe in the 40s at 1080p Low
Putting aside that the technical preview build was months old and most optimisations come at the end of development, 343 also discovered a bug in the .exe that was in the TP that caused a 20% fps drop (which is already fixed).

I'd expect to be able to run this game even on my potato. I have a GTX670, 8gigs of ram, an FX8350 and a HDD, might have to play at 900p30 though, but I think I'll be able to get 60fps out of her!

The minimum specs definitely are too high considering how pathetically weak the XBOne is, but maybe that version will run at 900p30 and struggle even at that, I think it ran at 30 in the TP interestingly (despite claims that all versions would be 60FPS).

I used to assume games would be well optimised for the XOne as its a console, but my brother recently borrowed one and Holy crap, games even struggle to run at 30fps at times. I'd much rather play on my PC, as pathetically weak as it is. At least I have options in the pursuit of reaching 60fps ;)

Last edited:

ACESHIGH

Banned
Minimum specs look pretty steep for an Xbox one game instead of the usual FX 6300 GTX 760 8GB RAM.

Absolute minimum specs should run the game at 720p 30. Odd to see MS releasing 1998 style system specs when they were so detailed with gears for example.

KAL2006

Banned

This games lowest common denominator is a Xbox One. PC gaming has never been the lowest common denominator for the last few gens. Everytime a new generation comes out that is usually nthe baseline for PC specs. When PS4 came out PC hardware exquvulant to 360 didn't use to run games properly.

Haggard

Banned
That´s the dumbest most delusional nonsense I´ve read today.
Do you guys have to drag your insecurities in every single thread?

Last edited:

Md Ray

Why is it dumb though?
No, you're missing the point, Xbox One is the lowest common denominator as long as games are being developed for it, not PC. It's so stupid to drag Series S into a PC thread to console war when games are still being developed with a decade old Xbox HW in mind.

This games lowest common denominator is a Xbox One. PC gaming has never been the lowest common denominator for the last few gens. Everytime a new generation comes out that is usually nthe baseline for PC specs. When PS4 came out PC hardware exquvulant to 360 didn't use to run games properly.

Riky

$MSFT
These "minimum requirements" would be useful if they at least said what framerate and resolution they target.

THE DUCK

Oh OK, if you say so, lol. Imagine comparing minimum specs about cross platform halo in a halo thread....crazy!

THE DUCK

That´s the dumbest most delusional nonsense I´ve read today.
Do you guys have to drag your insecurities in every single thread?

Errr what? Insecure about what exactly?
Just because I saw an opportunity to make point about hardware related to halo infinite?
Please, the only one insecure here would be you that you can't take the mere suggestion of what I am saying. Poor haggard.

RavenSan

Off-Site Inflammatory Member
well, I'm alright. Got a 3070 so fine on the GPU front, but only a i7-7800x CPU. Exceeds minimum, but doesn't quite hit rec.

I didn't plan on upgrading until my CPU until early 2023, but.....

Kenpachii

Game sure as hell don’t look like it needs it 🧐

compare this with horizon zero dawn 🧐

Horizon zero dawn had a bunch of clowns working on it, that game ran for a year like utter dog shit because they can't optimize for shit for PC.

I wouldn't take it as any benchmark other then how thrash that port team was.

The beta from what i saw couldn't even get stable framerates on a 3090 at 4k while looking worse then last gen battlefields , so honestly not sure how the optimization is going to be for PC with this title will wait.

9000 series cpu is kinda ridicilous with 2070 class gpu for a game like this. It should run on a potato at the visuals that where showcased.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Horizon zero dawn had a bunch of clowns working on it, that game ran for a year like utter dog shit because they can't optimize for shit for PC.

I wouldn't take it as any benchmark other then how thrash that port team was.

The beta from what i saw couldn't even get stable framerates on a 3090 at 4k while looking worse then last gen battlefields , so honestly not sure how the optimization is going to be for PC with this title will wait.

9000 series cpu is kinda ridicilous with 2070 class gpu for a game like this. It should run on a potato at the visuals that where showcased.
Aye it looks like an old gen game.
not trolling it srsly does look like a port.

Last edited:

Kenpachii

Aye it looks like an old gen game.
not trolling it srsly does look like a port.

i see what i see

c22411c653f3c2173ce4b159acac0521.png

Not sure how anybody can think this looks better then last gen battlefields like bf1/bf5. and then cant hold 60 fps on 4k with a 3090 that sits at 130-140 fps in battlefield 5 which is bigger scopes and look miles ahead on even xbox one S yea.

Now its a beta don't get me wrong, but that area wasn't rending much to start with. If that performance stays and sticks, not sure if i call it having any faith in the optimization teams for the game, we will see but the high demand for hardware on there recommend list for a game like this, should honestly indicate its probably bad.

Last edited:

jigglet

Banned
Sweet. I'm still on a 1060 but I bet it will still be able to get 100+ frames at medium settings on 1080p (I only play PvP).

Putting aside that the technical preview build was months old and most optimisations come at the end of development, 343 also discovered a bug in the .exe that was in the TP that caused a 20% fps drop (which is already fixed).

I'd expect to be able to run this game even on my potato. I have a GTX670, 8gigs of ram, an FX8350 and a HDD, might have to play at 900p30 though, but I think I'll be able to get 60fps out of her!

The minimum specs definitely are too high considering how pathetically weak the XBOne is, but maybe that version will run at 900p30 and struggle even at that, I think it ran at 30 in the TP interestingly (despite claims that all versions would be 60FPS).

I used to assume games would be well optimised for the XOne as its a console, but my brother recently borrowed one and Holy crap, games even struggle to run at 30fps at times. I'd much rather play on my PC, as pathetically weak as it is. At least I have options in the pursuit of reaching 60fps ;)
I mean, you are right. It WILL be better upon release but there is no way it goes from 1080/Low/30-45 for me to being worthwhile playing on PC versus my Series X where it will be 4K/60.

i see what i see

c22411c653f3c2173ce4b159acac0521.png

Not sure how anybody can think this looks better then last gen battlefields like bf1/bf5. and then cant hold 60 fps on 4k with a 3090 that sits at 130-140 fps in battlefield 5 which is bigger scopes and look miles ahead on even xbox one S yea.

Now its a beta don't get me wrong, but that area wasn't rending much to start with. If that performance stays and sticks, not sure if i call it having any faith in the optimization teams for the game, we will see but the high demand for hardware on there recommend list for a game like this, should honestly indicate its probably bad.
There was a PC performance bug related to nVidia drivers. It was mentioned in this video.

Next Halo Infinite Multiplayer Flight
  • Big Team Battle (player count unknown)
  • Bots
  • Weapon Drills
  • 4v4 PvP (without Bots)
  • Shut Down mentioned - nose to the grindstone till release
  • Campaign Coop (Staying in the oven till it's stable)
  • Forge (Staying in the oven till it's stable)

Top Bottom