• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Infinite 'Streets' Multiplayer Map Revealed - IGN First (+ Month coverage of Halo Infinite)

elliot5

Halo Infinite: ‘Streets’ Multiplayer Map Revealed – IGN First - IGN

Halo Infinite will be released on December 8, but in the meantime, IGN has exclusive coverage of Master Chief’s spiritual reboot all month long as part of our editorial IGN First “cover story” initiative. That means we’ll be dropping exclusive content throughout the month of November (and yes, we’ve played the campaign – the first four hours of it), starting with today’s reveal of a brand-new Arena multiplayer map called ‘Streets’.

We’ll have much more Halo Infinite as November rolls on, including a look at what awaits in Season 1 of the Battle Pass, an IGN Unfiltered conversation with Halo Infinite head of creative and longtime Bungie veteran Joseph Staten, our hands-on impressions from the first few hours of the campaign, and more – starting with raw, full-match gameplay of 'Streets' this Wednesday!

image.png

Last edited:

Fredrik

I guess they’ve landed now! 👍
Looking good! It’ll be interesting to see proper campaign footage, I hope they don’t wait too long to show that.
This looks way better than what I’ve seen from the test flight, much more details. Seeing small things, a chair and a pile of tires in one area makes me wonder if there is environmental physics though, or will they be static props?

II_JumPeR_I

Could be a map for Halo 5, which isnt a good thing...

I hope the game launches with more than just 3 BTB maps...
In general they should start telling us the stuff the game will launch with.

Last edited:

Edder1

Yep, I was not even listening to that boring voice in the video, but looking at the constant textures work and the quality of them. Really WOW
With this level of textures they could update their lighting engine down the line for current gen hardware and this game would look "next gen".

Edder1

You haven't even played it yet 🙄
Me playing it ain't gonna change how small this map looks. This is Halo 5 and it's tiny maps yet again. Halo maps should be more expansive and not claustrophobic like COD maps. Still digging the look of the map though.

Last edited:

Naked Lunch

Looks to be in style of Halo 2's Foundation and Desolation - or H1/2's Wizard/Warlock.
Small but less busy than 343's The Rig or Plaza from Halo 5.
Quick 4 v 4 action - with more open sightlines.
Tons of New Mombasa lore nuggets in there.
I approve.

Last edited:

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Me playing it ain't gonna change how small this map looks. This is Halo 5 and it's tiny maps yet again. Halo maps should be more expansive and not claustrophobic like COD maps. Still digging the look of the map though.
Strongholds on this map would be an absolute blast.
Heck free for all Slayer on this map would be an amazing experience.
Lets get those Xboxes ready and set up the Lan already!

Got 2 Ss so we already have half the battlefield ready.

470ff5d36c76e078c209c648985b55f6.gif

If you had to describe to someone what makes this map special, you couldn't do it. Dr. Disrespect was right. What a strange way to build hype.
I've never played on the map to know why it's special, people loved The Pit for qualities other than it's looks, same goes for Hang 'em High, Longest, Wizard and so on. The Halo crowd is a simple one that's focused mostly on gameplay. Secondly, Microsoft isn't paying Dr. Disrespect to market the game and all he plays are BR games, see below. In the meantime, keep watching that cartoon character, shell of a human being, if you desire. But Streamer personalities are just fucking tools, each with a glimmering gimmick meant to cater to prepubescent Adderall laden children.

Herschel "Guy" Beahm IV, better known by his online alias Dr DisRespect, is an American video-game streamer. He had accumulated more than four million followers on Twitch,[2] and is best known for playing battle royale video games, such as H1Z1, PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds, Black Ops 4: Blackout, Call of Duty: Warzone, Apex Legends, and Fortnite.

Last edited:

Darsxx82

It is beginning to give me the feeling that 343 was more successful in the decisions to make the best possible MP of a Halo but not so much in the ones taken to make the best Halo campaign.

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
What an absolute load of shit 😅

Warlock, longest, chiron, battle creek, damnation, clillout, turf, lockout, desolation, sanctuary, midship, beaver creek, guardian, the pit, blackout, heretic, snowbound, construct, epitaph and isolation would all like to take a big dump on your 'opinion'.

And that's just the small h1-3 maps that I could think of off the top of my head.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
I've never played on the map to know why it's special, people loved The Pit for qualities other than it's looks, same goes for Hang 'em High, Longest, Wizard and so on. The Halo crowd is a simple one that's focused mostly on gameplay. Secondly, Microsoft isn't paying Dr. Disrespect to market the game and all he plays are BR games, see below. In the meantime, keep watching that cartoon character, shell of a human being, if you desire. But Streamer personalities are just fucking tools, each with a glimmering gimmick meant to cater to prepubescent Adderall laden children.

The issue I'm starting to see is the lack of consistency.

The hivemind swarmed Ghost Recon Frontline a few weeks back because it looked like "just another Battle Royale", yet Halo Infinite is protected from the same criticism for what reason? The above map looks like every FPS multiplayer map from the last 30 years. Small rooms, slight elevation differences, lots of hallways etc...

More of the same is tolerated (embraced) when it comes to more Halo arena shootersy stuff but a much newer genre, with arguably more interesting gameplay mechanics (calling in towers, defensive positions, logistics etc...) gets mocked?

What I'm seeing doesn't feel "gameplay focused". It feels production budget focused and IP fandom focused.

What am I missing?

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman

A Battle Royale equivalent will start being promoted in Halo Infinite sometime after the honeymoon period (3 months) ends. 343 knows how much it riles up a certain crowd and how vital it is to the long term health of a game. It's pretty smart marketing.

Stuart360

I wouldnt listen too much to what the DOC says about Hal Infinite. I'm sick of him constantly going on about Infinite having a BR mode, he never shuts up about it.

Also when the majority of people was criticising the Infinite reveal footage, DOC said it looked fine and didnt understand what people were moaning about. Then after watching the recent campaign trailer (which clearly looks better than the reveal footage) he was saying he expected more from the campaign in terms of looks.

DOC is an old school Halo player, which is probably why he talks about Halo so much, but his saltiness over the lack of BR mode really is getting tiresome.

kyoji

I wouldnt listen too much to what the DOC says about Hal Infinite. I'm sick of him constantly going on about Infinite having a BR mode, he never shuts up about it.

Also when the majority of people was criticising the Infinite reveal footage, DOC said it looked fine and didnt understand what people were moaning about. Then after watching the recent campaign trailer (which clearly looks better than the reveal footage) he was saying he expected more from the campaign in terms of looks.

DOC is an old school Halo player, which is probably why he talks about Halo so much, but his saltiness over the lack of BR mode really is getting tiresome.
Might want to mute digital foundry to then, lol

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
Is that the PC version? It looks cleaner than what I played on XSX.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
The issue I'm starting to see is the lack of consistency.

The hivemind swarmed Ghost Recon Frontline a few weeks back because it looked like "just another Battle Royale", yet Halo Infinite is protected from the same criticism for what reason? The above map looks like every FPS multiplayer map from the last 30 years. Small rooms, slight elevation differences, lots of hallways etc...

More of the same is tolerated (embraced) when it comes to more Halo arena shootersy stuff but a much newer genre, with arguably more interesting gameplay mechanics (calling in towers, defensive positions, logistics etc...) gets mocked?

What I'm seeing doesn't feel "gameplay focused". It feels production budget focused and IP fandom focused.

What am I missing?
Is the person you quoted part of the "hivemind" that attacked Ghost Recon?
Because, Ive also noticed something where people say x game/platform is protected and somehow blame people who arent attacking y game/platform for defending x.

You are crying about a game being attacked that has nothing to do with Halo fans wanting more Halo and calling you out for not understanding why even small maps have a place in Halo MP.
What does Ghost Recon have to do with Halo.
Ghost Recon fans should have explained why that Ghost Recon game is worth any time.....heck why not go to that thread if you cant take the heat in this one.

Last edited:
Top Bottom