• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Infinite, Starfield & Forza Horizon 5 (not set in Japan) Expected at Microsoft’s 2021 E3

Data Ghost

Halo is a lock and I cant wait to get my hands on it. Forza Horizon 5 may show its face as a pre-rendered video that tells you nothing about the game. Finally Fable, which I don't think we will see anything of for years after that initial vapourware CGI trailer.

Ellery

Awesome. Super hyped for the future of Microsoft in big budget games and what they are doing the next few years, especially with Bethesda games. I have absolutely no idea if that changes anything for Bethesda if they have more money now, better tools or additional people from Microsoft helping them to polish their games, but I am extremely excited to see what Starfield will be like/about.

Birdo

Banned
I hope they create a fiction country for the next Horizon. It would give them far more creative freedom with the environment.

onesvenus

Let's hope it's true and some of them release later this year in addition to Halo. It's time Microsoft starts showing what their first party studios can do. Waiting more will only make the PS5 a better proposition

Banjo64

cumsessed
This guy is a KFA, I’d guess the only safe bets are;
  • Halo q4 21
  • Psychonauts 2 q4 21
  • Flight Sim q4 21
  • Wolfenstein III by March 22
  • Starfield by q4 2022
  • Third party exclusive that Microsoft Game Studios Publishing have been linked with.
I think Everwild, Perfect Dark, Avowed, Indiana Jones, Gears 6, Fable are all 2-3 years away so it’d be pointless showing anything.

Possible surprises would be from Turn 10 or Playground, both of which have had far longer than their usual dev cycles for Forza M and Forza H.

Last edited:

Alright

Banned
I hope the digital format works. I'll be glad that there's no chance of cringe like fistbump and whoeverthefellawasrapping but i always liked to hear the crowd boo or cheer over stuff.

Halo Infinite HAS to be mind-blowing and HAS to show the power of the XSX or Microsoft may have egg on their face.

RespawnX

• Halo q4 21
  • Psychonauts 2 q4 21
  • Flight Sim q4 21
  • Starfield by q4 2022
  • Third party exclusive that Microsoft Game Studios Publishing have been linked with.
I think Everwild, Perfect Dark, Avowed, Indiana Jones, Gears 6, Fable are all 2-3 years away so it’d be pointless showing anything.

Possible surprises would be from Turn 10 or Playground, both of which have had far longer than their usual dev cycles for Forza M and Forza H.

Turn 10 has regular blog posts around next Forza Motorsport. They left the concept phase last summer, don't expect the game before Spring 2022. My guess is Holiday 2022 and Forza Horizon 5 this year as a cross-gen game similar to Forza Horizon 2. On this way they can serve old gen with a triple AAA title. New engine is in development with new Forza Motorsport.

Godot25

Banned
If Microsoft will be able to launch Age of Empires IV, Starfield, Halo Infinite, Psychonauts 2 and Forza Horizon 5 and also have Battlefield 6 and Ubi Plus on GamePass, then service will have monstrous year and I expect it to hit 30 million suba with ease

Papacheeks

Banned
  • Halo q4 21
  • Psychonauts 2 q4 21
  • Flight Sim q4 21
  • Starfield by q4 2022

Machine games are making indiana jones. So no wolfenstein for a while unless it's dlc.

ManaByte

Gold Member
My general feeling about all Microsoft announcements these days...

dxe.png

Isn't there some kind of music rights problem with JSRF (like with Sonic 3)? Where SEGA doesn't want to pay the person who owns the music and thus can't re-release the game?

New Avowed info
New Psychonauts info, maybe release date
New Double Fine project
Halo
Starfield
FH5/FM8
Fable stuff
Everwild stuff
New Compulsion project
SoD3 stuff
Flight Sim X|S stuff
AoE4 stuff (doubt it gets a console release but imagine streaming it to your Series X over xCloud)
Unknown stuff

MS can easily have a killer E3 fucking loaded with games

cromofo

I don't see how Starfield couldn't come out this year. It's been in development for how long? 5-6 years?

If we see Starfield at E3, it's gonna drop 5-6 months later.

Godot25

Banned
People don't realize this is Todd Howard, not Sony. He doesn't show his games at 4 E3s before releasing them, he shows it in the summer and then drops it in the fall.
I would get a scepticism, because not many devs are able to announce a game and release it in same year...
...but Howard literally did it with Fallout 4 and Fallout 76 so I can't see a reason why he would want to change it this time

Banjo64

cumsessed
People don't realize this is Todd Howard, not Sony. He doesn't show his games at 4 E3s before releasing them, he shows it in the summer and then drops it in the fall.
This is true, but I think they may take time to polish this one extra considering it’s an original IP, the poor reception of FO76 and that it’s Bathesda’s first tent pole release as part of Xbox Studios. I wouldn’t be surprised if we get a full on trailer this e3 and a hard release date but for next year (despite their usual quick turnaround from reveal to release).

cromofo

Exactly. All the recent rumors point in that direction as well.

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
I don't see how Starfield couldn't come out this year. It's been in development for how long? 5-6 years?

If we see Starfield at E3, it's gonna drop 5-6 months later.
Massive games take a long time, particularly with new IPs.

I hope it's out this year, but "a game being in development X years" doesn't mean that much. "Development" can include years of just concept building, etc. depending on the game. Particularly new IPs.

Godot25

Banned
Cool, i hope that stuff actually materializes this year. Microsoft needs big games right now
I don't think Microsoft or Sony needs big games right now. Both consoles are pretty much sold out and new exclusive games won't move additional hardware.
In fall? Maybe then supply will catch up with demand

Andodalf

Banned
This is true, but I think they may take time to polish this one extra considering it’s an original IP, the poor reception of FO76 and that it’s Bathesda’s first tent pole release as part of Xbox Studios. I wouldn’t be surprised if we get a full on trailer this e3 and a hard release date but for next year (despite their usual quick turnaround from reveal to release).
It was a 2020 game, they’ve already given it time

xShaun

If Xbox E3 js worst than the Sony one that would be surprising.

This should be the first year Xbox has more 1st party exclusives over PS.

ShaikhCroft

Can you guys tell me why Forza Horizon 5 will be shown before Forza Motorsport 7 while FM7 was teased last year and well under development process? 🤔

Godot25

Banned
Can you guys tell me why Forza Horizon 5 will be shown before Forza Motorsport 7 while FM7 was teased last year and well under development process? 🤔
Maybe because outside of Halo Infinite last year's Game Showcase was focused on next-gen only games and Forza Horizon 5 is rumored to be cross gen.

Also. FH4 was regularly updated with new content last year so there was no reason to rush announcement

Umbasaborne

Banned
I don't think Microsoft or Sony needs big games right now. Both consoles are pretty much sold out and new exclusive games won't move additional hardware.
In fall? Maybe then supply will catch up with demand
Ill change my wording: as someone who bought into these consoles on day one, they both, microsoft especially who don’t have a big next gen game to hang their hat on yet, need more big games, its barren out their for both these systems. Not much “next gen” about many games released so far, except maybe demons souls?

Last edited:

FrozenFlame

I’d read on here that they’ve had a 3 year period where they’ve likely been working on Wolf III. 🤷‍♂️ We’ll see I guess.
Wolfenstein Young Blood was released in 2019 and like Papacheeks said, they're now working on Indiana Jones. If they have something made in between, it will be a small project, not Wolfenstein 3.

Starcheif

People will rip Halo apart after that disaster of a showing back in 2020 no matter how much the game has improved.
I am also interested on what the GTA update will look since that will give us an idea how GTA6 will look on next gen.

Wolfenstein Young Blood was released in 2019 and like Papacheeks said, they're now working on Indiana Jones. If they have something made in between, it will be a small project, not Wolfenstein 3.
Youngblood was not developed by the main team. Last we heard of Wolfenstein 3 was in 2018 when Pete hines said they will "absolutely do a Wolfenstein 3". Not too far fetched to believe we will get a new entry next year.

FrozenFlame

Youngblood was not developed by the main team. Last we heard of Wolfenstein 3 was in 2018 when Pete hines said they will "absolutely do a Wolfenstein 3". Not too far fetched to believe we will get a new entry next year.
Eh, we'll see. I'll go with with the Indiana Jones being their main title and them having something else (smaller) to show this year (E3). Maybe a Wolfenstein 3 after the Indiana Jones game.

Top Bottom