• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Infinite, Starfield & Forza Horizon 5 (not set in Japan) Expected at Microsoft’s 2021 E3

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
According to well-known Microsoft insider Klobrille, the company will be bringing the big guns during its 2021 E3

54bc945c-e104-4556-9c09-4eb7c9845e67.jpg

In a Microsoft/Bethesda thread on the Resetera forums, Microsoft insider Klobrille might have revealed some interesting info about the company’s press conference during this year’s digital E3 showcase.
According to the insider, not only will Halo Infinite and Age of Empires IV be shown off, but Bethesda’s Starfield and the next entry in the Forza Horizon series, Forza Horizon 5, are also said to make their appearances during the event.

While these 4 upcoming Xbox titles are expected to be shown off during Microsoft’s presser, this doesn’t mean that all of these will actually release later this year.
“Add Age of Empires IV and I’m confident this is their AAA quadruple punch this Summer, independent whether all these 4 actually make a release this year or not”, ‘Klobrille’ said while replying to another ResetEra user who mentioned the Halo/Starfield/FH5 trifecta.

In a follow-up post, the insider said that he also has an idea about Forza Horizon 5’s location, which won’t be Japan as previously thought. Unfortunately, he didn’t share this location just yet.
“I'm with Jeff Grubb on this one and do expect FH to show up this Summer”, he wrote. “I also might have an idea about the location, which is not Japan, but that info didn't went too well with FH4 the last time, so let's leave that to the team!”

Interesting stuff for sure and we can only hope that Microsoft will indeed be showing off the big Xbox guns during its presser.
The digital 2021 E3 event will take place from June 12th through June 15th. The exact showcase schedule has yet to be announced.

Varteras

Gold Member
Well we just saw Age of Empires IV and quite frankly it was pretty underwhelming. So if they're planning that as part of some big quadruple punch I'd say there is a rather weak link in that combo already. Halo Infinite has a lot to make up for after last year's absurd reveal and I'm not terribly confident in 343. I think they're a bloated studio that has been allowed to fumble around with the franchise a little too long. But, I'm very hopeful that they do indeed pull it off with the next Halo because I REALLY want to play a damn good Halo again.

That being said, Forza Horizon 5 will likely be damn good as it has been but I'm curious if Playground is developing this one and, if so, what that means for Fable's timeline. Because I'm way more interested in that than an open world racer. Starfield will be nice to finally see after all the hype despite knowing next to nothing about it. I'm curious to see if Bethesda has dusted itself off and gotten back on track after Fallout 76.

That being said, Forza Horizon 5 will likely be damn good as it has been but I'm curious if Playground is developing this one and, if so, what that means for Fable's timeline. Because I'm way more interested in that than an open world racer.

Forza Horizon 5 and Fable are being made in two separate studios in entirely different buildings in Leamington Spa. Playground started the 2nd studio a while ago.

ShaikhCroft

Halo and Age of Empires 4 is pretty much 2021 confirmed so they definitely will be there even though AoE 4 is pretty underwhelming at this point! But who puts all overwhelming games in their presser?

Anyway I have been waiting for MS E3 as it's my most anticipated event this year. My most anticipation from their presser will be:

• Halo: Infinite
  • Tomb Raider Sequel (Third Party ofcourse)
  • Hellblade II
  • Forza Horizon 5
  • Starfield
  • Perfect Dark
  • Teaser for Indiana Jones

PSO2: New Genesis(releasing in June worldwide)
Flight Simulator
Battlefield 6
Dying Light 2
Forza Horizon 5
Halo Infinite
Starfield
Stalker 2

I know some of these are rumored but if they are all true then the last 7 months of the year will be amazing for Gamepass subscribers.

MadPanda

Banned
I've said it before and I'll say it again - I would be very surprised if they showed forza horizon before releasing forza motorsport which was already unveiled last year. I know these so called insiders are saying the opposite, but let's see what happens. I'm personally more interested in forza horizon as that's straight up my alley but it would be a very strange development. The other two are obvious candidates.

BTW I wish such people would stop ruining all the shows. It literally doesn't bring any benefit if I know beforehand what's going to be announced and it certainly spoils the surprise and fun it brings.

Any thoughts on seeing Fable footage or too early in development? Fable and Metroid Prime 4 went through similar experiences where the initial developer couldn't deliver so they gave the project to someone else to start over from scratch. It makes me think we may not see MP4 footage for another couple of years knowing Nintendo.

Last edited:

CitizenZ

Banned
Is this really a discussion? I mean if their was gambling on gaming announcements I don't think Vegas would take any bets since they are basically a given.

Hawk269

Historically when a Forza Horizon game is shown at E3 it releases in the same year during the September/October time frame. I actually would be surprised to see Horizon 5 before we see official Motorsport footage.

SinDelta

Age of Empires IV has my attention, though parts of it like the combat and unit detail/design look underwhelming. Hoping E3 will change that. I don't understand why they deviated from the original plan for a industrial to world war 1/2 setting and are doing the Middle Ages again. Very much doubt this will match 2.

Starfield? Only thing I know is that it is a megaton tier title, has a massive amount of time, hype and mystery surrounding it, and is taking priority over the Elder Scrolls VI.

I am curious to see what a modern Fable can bring to the table, especially in a post Skyrim/Witcher 3/Breath of the Wild world.

Forza Horizon 5 could be great (still need to play 3 and 4). Wonder what would be a good location if not Japan?

Halo Infinite? Will probably be way more polished then what has been shown, or at least I hope so.

I don't honestly know what to expect from Avowed if it will even be shown.

Last edited:

Zannegan

All nice (though I don't care for/aboit AoE), but I hope there's more this year's exclusive lineup than that. The pandemic is still ongoing of course, but I thought they'd have the work-from-home situation sorted by now. It feels like all three of the big three are still reeling.

Releases have to start picking up again someday, right? ...right guys? ...guys?

Fool me once shame on u fool me twice shame on me .
I have a series x but by god from the last couple of e3z microsoft has been nothing but disappointment
I'll believe it when I'll see it

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
If those three launch this year then MS has delivered a strong launch year in a pandemic. Fingers crossed they do because they need the positive press, and I need some muthafuggin' games to be hyped for this year.

HurtGravy

Neo Member
Late last year or early this year microsoft released a kind of road map which stated more content coming to Fh4. I believe playground games will keep supporting fh4 this year and the new motorsport will release in the holidays. I mean they have been inviting people to the private servers to test the game. Fh5 will be next year. The pattern has always been motorsport then horizon.

Calverz

Why are people expecting forza horizon 5? Forza 8 will be the next big forza game. Playground games making fable.

HurtGravy

Neo Member
Its crazy noone is mentioning what doublefine is doing other than PN2 i think they would be a perfect match up for a new conker game.

Top Bottom