• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Infinite Season 2: Lone Wolves

How many maps and game modes does Fortnite have again?
The maps argument is weird to me. I don't really play online shooters anymore but I remember playing de_dust2 all day every day when I was a kid. And apparently it's still one of the most popular maps to this day and Counter Strike is still incredibly successful on Steam. So idk.

II_JumPeR_I

Yeah this isnt it.
343s version of Koth is terrible.

Also the graphics in the new cutscenes looked really rough and unfinished/downgraded.

elliot5

But I thought Jason Ronald lied to us?

turntables GIF

Iced Arcade

my cousin still plays this DOGSHIT game and just sent me the most hilarious, yet totally expected text...

THESE DOGSHIT FUCKING DEVELOPERS FORGOT TO TURN OFF SOME OF THE LEAVING PENALTIES FOR THE NEW LAST SPARTAN STANDING MODE!

🤣

I'm so happy that I uninstalled and now can just look, point and laugh at this fucking dogshit game 🤣

so basically, you can not exit the game after you are out of lives, because you will not get any progress for your challenges 🤣

this dev team is so fucking useless and shit it's actually pure comedy at this point,
I looked on Reddit an multiple people are uninstalling due to all the new bugs and the aforementioned issues with the new mode.

another thing I read is that you can sometimes spawn in an area where you are cut off from the rest of the map and would need to run out of the circle, which kills you, in order to get back in 🤣
OMFG like can you even believe the text!!

SegaManAU

Gold Member
Can't wait to play when I get home but 343 has really fucked this up. To think that season will go another 6 months which means we've basically only had two new maps for 12 months is appalling.

ZehDon

I look forward to playing once they've fixed the underlying technical issues that plague the game. By then, I expect the game will be feature and content complete.

jorgejjvr

Gold Member
Do we know what the narrative events are now?

Also, can you play with friends on last Spartan Standing?

Last edited:

Batiman

Banned
What’s the best game mode to try the new map? I’ve played last Spartan standing one but I wanna try out the other one.

Batiman

Banned
my cousin still plays this DOGSHIT game and just sent me the most hilarious, yet totally expected text...

THESE DOGSHIT FUCKING DEVELOPERS FORGOT TO TURN OFF SOME OF THE LEAVING PENALTIES FOR THE NEW LAST SPARTAN STANDING MODE!

🤣

I'm so happy that I uninstalled and now can just look, point and laugh at this fucking dogshit game 🤣

so basically, you can not exit the game after you are out of lives, because you will not get any progress for your challenges 🤣

this dev team is so fucking useless and shit it's actually pure comedy at this point,
I looked on Reddit an multiple people are uninstalling due to all the new bugs and the aforementioned issues with the new mode.

another thing I read is that you can sometimes spawn in an area where you are cut off from the rest of the map and would need to run out of the circle, which kills you, in order to get back in 🤣
Dude are you 10 years old? WTF kinda emoji littered crying is this?

Otre

Banned

🤣

Youre probably the same guy pimping the Chun-li Fortnite costume on /v for the umpteenth time. I say to you, fellow shitposter and degenerate coomer, thank you for the butt shots in that thread, your medically fortified dedication and your gigachad IQ that evolved into next generation AI.

Last edited:

ManaByte

Youre probably the same guy pimping the Chun-li Fortnite costume on /v for the umpteenth time. I say to you, fellow shitposter and degenerate coomer, thank you for the butt shots in that thread, your medically fortified dedication and your gigachad IQ that evolved into next generation AI.
i dare you pulp fiction GIF

Otre

Banned
Let me adjust my cracker filter. Its my second language after all.

Oh good heavens sir, I have seen the exact type of communication on another, more rowdy forum. I believe, you were (for free) promoting an attractive virtual skin for the video game Fortnite. As a lover of the engrossed thighs, I appreciated the photography you shared with us gentlemen. It was quite salacious. The dedication you show is inhuman and I would not be surprised if medication was involved. Your high intelligence shows you are an alpha male that could indicate our species evolution into the futuristic metal beyond we are destined to.

Last edited:

Robb

Gold Member
Played a couple of matches last night. Last Spartan Standing is pretty fun, but I think I prefer the team based modes more. I’m not a big fan of the weapon upgrade path thing.

It’s fun to have some new stuff to unlock/work towards but I hope they can keep it going for 6 months, last season I unlocked everything fairly quick by just playing and then moved on.

Leyasu

Banned
How many maps and game modes does Fortnite have again? Especially in the first year. The first trailer came out in 2011, the game came out in 2017. From what I recall there were 2 modes and barely any free customization.
What has fortnite got to do with halo?

Codes 208

Yeah i already hate the new mode. I was fine with it being live based, but the first two levels are absolute shit trying to get kills with while i keep getting back slapped while fighting two others at the same time. I decided to try the new rumble to try playing the sword grapple mode, nope! Got oddball twice in a fucking row! And frankly i hate that mode

The new btb map is also kinda meh. At least its not another timberland but it wasnt worth the wait. I think im going to uninstall this shit until they make major changes.

Halo 5. Halo fucking 5 is more fun than this.

Last edited:

Codes 208

They’re both free to play
Fortnite was (and continues) to get frequent updates to the map though, keeping the gameflow from feeling stagnant. It doesnt matter if it only has like five modes, theyre atleast fun because it works.

This however isnt the same case, while epic updates fortnite essentially on a monthly basis with in-game events, live
Shows or map alterations with some actual gameplay changes per season 343 has so far been more content giving out a handful of content once in a blue moon. They delayed the first season to be six months and now theyre fucking doing it again with season 2.

Compared to fortnite, halo infinite as this “live service” title is an absolute farce.

Banjo64

cumsessed
Comparing Halo to Fortnite or Apex content wise is a complete waste of time anyway.

All of Halo’s Arena maps combined are smaller than King’s Canyon or Fortnite’s initial map.

The player numbers don’t lie and those 2 games are clearly keeping players engaged. They are doing something right.

thatJohann

Does anyone know if this update fixed these two issues?
- broken VRR on 120Hz
- elevated black levels on cutscenes

Gavon West

Spread's Cheeks for Intrusive Ads
Yeah i already hate the new mode. I was fine with it being live based, but the first two levels are absolute shit trying to get kills with while i keep getting back slapped while fighting two others at the same time. I decided to try the new rumble to try playing the sword grapple mode, nope! Got oddball twice in a fucking row! And frankly i hate that mode

The new btb map is also kinda meh. At least its not another timberland but it wasnt worth the wait. I think im going to uninstall this shit until they make major changes.

Halo 5. Halo fucking 5 is more fun than this.
Sounds like you just suck! Own that shit bro.

Batiman

Banned
Fortnite was (and continues) to get frequent updates to the map though, keeping the gameflow from feeling stagnant. It doesnt matter if it only has like five modes, theyre atleast fun because it works.

This however isnt the same case, while epic updates fortnite essentially on a monthly basis with in-game events, live
Shows or map alterations with some actual gameplay changes per season 343 has so far been more content giving out a handful of content once in a blue moon. They delayed the first season to be six months and now theyre fucking doing it again with season 2.

Compared to fortnite, halo infinite as this “live service” title is an absolute farce.
Ya fortnite is on a different level than any game when it comes to updates. But comparing the timeframe of release to now with infinite, It’s comparable

Fired the MP up for the first time in months. Switched to the season 2 battle pass, tried the new mode twice. Left the match when I ran out of lives both times, since it tells you that you can, and it doesn’t reward any progress to challenges. Is this a bug?

What a fucking shame this MP is.

clarky

Gold Member
Fired the MP up for the first time in months. Switched to the season 2 battle pass, tried the new mode twice. Left the match when I ran out of lives both times, since it tells you that you can, and it doesn’t reward any progress to challenges. Is this a bug?

What a fucking shame this MP is.
it doesn't give you progress until the actual match has finished. Might have to wait a while if you suck and drop out early.

Codes 208

Ya fortnite is on a different level than any game when it comes to updates. But comparing the timeframe of release to now with infinite, It’s comparable
Comparable sure but i remember there being pretty differences between season 1 up to season 5 alone for fortnite which was a 15 month period. We’ve seen 343’s roadmap which… Up until 12 months and it just comes off as very light in comparison, which when you think about how halo fans waited six years for infinite, makes it that much more disaapointing.
Sounds like you just suck! Own that shit bro.
Ah yes, the git gud approach. Thanks man, i guess i should go back to playing easier games like elden ring or something.

Last edited:

Riky

$MSFT
VRR has been fixed for a long long time.

Yeah I've just tried it and it seems fine now, VRR counter was hitting 112fps at times but I could see nothing on screen.
Also had a quick look at the 30fps mode but I'd rather sacrifice some image quality for the framerate on an FPS.

SegaManAU

Gold Member
Played last night for an hour with a friend. Was OK but honestly, this won't keep me playing until November. When are they going to allow us to turn off PC players?

Rockman33

I agree that it is disappointing there has only been 2 new maps in 6 months. Having said that…

First time booting it up in a couple months and it’s such a blast to play. The core of the multiplayer is extremely well done IMO. Both the new maps seem to be pretty great so far in my limited play time.

I do hope they tinker with last man standing a bit. For example you should be able to pick what gun you upgrade. 1 on 1 at the end with the circle doesn’t seem tested well. If you die, you spawn outside the circle and just get blasted on the way in.

Top Bottom